British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -V- Sheffield (Eurosport) Monday 06/09

Great from Howarth...

19 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Well 5 races gone all won from the

Maybe to win but plenty of action behind, same amount of passes in 2 heats then there was in 15 heats at Sheffield on Thursday.

Heat 1 Holder passed Etheridge 
Heat 2 Lambert passed Hulme
Heat 5 Wright passed Batchelor

Not to mention the side by side racing by Kurtz. 

Edited by Rob B

5 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

At least it’s improved now. Don’t know why they prepared it so slick early in when no rain forecast !!!

You know nothing about the track, it’s far better when it’s slick. 
When it’s grippy just leads to a fast inside line. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

At least it’s improved now. Don’t know why they prepared it so slick early in when no rain forecast !!!

Normally get better racing on all tracks when they are prepared slicker.

The cameras are missing all the action, so infuriating.

2 minutes ago, Col said:

The cameras are missing all the action, so infuriating.

I’m at track, just watched heat 11 back on phone and can’t believe poor camera work missed that great final bend. 

24 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I bow to your superior knowledge mate if your on the track staff   Apologies But if you are part of the track staff I suppose you wouldn’t have time to go on the forum 

3 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

I bow to your superior knowledge mate if your on the track staff   Apologies But if you are part of the track staff I suppose you wouldn’t have time to go on the forum 

No need to be bitter because someone pointed out to you that the track is better when prepared differently to what you said.

43 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

36 minutes ago, Rob B said:

26 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Normally get better racing on all tracks when they are prepared slicker.

9 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

No need to be bitter because someone pointed out to you that the track is better when prepared differently to what you said.

General rule of thumb for deciding what is the correct answer.....

Ask Charlieboys opinion and assume the opposite ;):P

• Haha 2

If people like slick tracks that’s fine by me. Each to their own. Slick tracks have been poor race tracks over the years. Arena Essex  Reading Wimbledon to name a few. Poor racing closed down never to return. Belle vue is a top circuit with grip from the start do you not think you would get a better meeting ? Well done Dan Bewley good nights work by the way. 

15 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Tracks shaped like the NSS with wide sweeping bends deliver very ptocessional high speed racing when too grippy...

With each rider flying around the inside like they were on rails...

Even when prepared 'slick' the NSS makes it's own "dirt" on the outside as the meeting wears on hence the outside line comes into play, whilst by the kerb there is still a bit of material to use..

And the slick track from the outset means all the track can be used given the width of the bends...

Good result for aces….BUT where have all the fans gone? Huge gaps on the stands. A big local derby, fair amount at stake, best stadium and race track in uk…good weather and hardly anyone there! The place should be packed! As usual zero promotion by BV. This is why the sport is on its knees and going bust. Lemo doesn’t impress and the BV management are lazy and clueless at getting fans on the terraces. Oh and don’t use it’s on telly excuse! 

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

General rule of thumb for deciding what is the correct answer.....

Ask Charlieboys opinion and assume the opposite ;):P

Assume what you like. Fact is the 3 tracks I’ve quoted were slick tracks and are no more. People want to see good racing. The tracks are outdated compared to the bikes. That’s why speedways on the decline as I’ve said before. If you think different that’s fine. Belle vue is purpose built for current bikes so prepare it right. If you look back recently on this forum the local fans haven’t been happy with it been slick so it’s not just my observation. Obviously you know better than them. You don’t even attend your own home meetings!!!! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Tracks shaped like the NSS with wide sweeping bends deliver very ptocessional high speed racing when too grippy...

With each rider flying around the inside like they were on rails...

Even when prepared 'slick' the NSS makes it's own "dirt" on the outside as the meeting wears on hence the outside line comes into play, whilst by the kerb there is still a bit of material to use..

And the slick track from the outset means all the track can be used given the width of the bends...

If that is the case why have some of your fans been slating it recently. I don’t doubt what your saying as it’s your local track and you watch racing there regular not like some fans who just like to spout off and not attend meetings. You get the same on football forums !!