British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

R.I.P BobC

Sad news has just reached us of the very sudden passing of Bob Cole, a lifetime speedway fan and a regular contributor on this forum. I chatted with Bob on Friday night and he seemed his usual self. Even posted on here after the meeting. He was very well known as a speedway fan first and foremost, and then as a Pirates fan. Sponsored riders in the past. There is some chat on the Poole thread but better to open it up to a wider audience.

R.I.P Bob.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Sad 7

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sad news has just reached us of the sad news of the very sudden passing of Bob Cole, a lifetime speedway fan and a regular contributor on this forum. I chatted with Bob on Friday night and he seemed his usual self. Even posted on here after the meeting. He was very well known as a speedway fan first and foremost, and then as a Pirates fan. Sponsored riders in the past. There is some chat on the Poole thread but better to open it up to a wider audience.

R.I.P Bob.

Oh no that is sad news, thanks for sharing Steve.

RIP BobC.

Sad news...

R.I.P. Bob....

Awful news. Known Bob for a number of years now, kind hearted gentleman and will be missed for sure.

RIP Bob 

This so sad Bob was one of most genuine speedway fans that just loved the sport of speedway (even if he was a parrots fan ha ha bob)

Such a shock and so sad.

Thanks Steve for giving this to a wider group of people for you are right, Bob was first and foremost a Speedway fan rather than a fan of specific tracks. 

He enjoyed Speedway at all levels. I have stood with him at the very top level right down to the training schools run by Lew Coffin at Weymouth and he always enjoyed them all equally. 

When the consortium ran Weymouth there were major changes in the local press with the result that none of the new reporters had any idea about what Speedway was. Bob readily stepped in to give them guidance at our meetings and a first class job he made of it. Partway through the season he quietly said that the regular reporters were now sufficiently knowledgeable to no longer need his help. That was Bob. No fuss just quietly going about whatever he could do to help Speedway. 

RIP Bob. It was always a pleasure to know you and I am proud to have called you friend  

PS. Just couldn’t resist one more mention of “Parrots”. Your tolerance of Wessex Boy and my “sense of humour* was always appreciated. 

RIP BobC.

I didn't have the pleasure of meeting him in person but I believe he was a Wednesday fan, so obviously a good sort :)

That's a shock to hear. Never met him but he always came across as a really sound guy.

RIP

• Like 1

Such sad news. A total gentleman and a speedway supporter through and through. RIP Bob

RIP Bob, very saddened and shocked at the news.  A big loss to the forum. Thoughts are with Bob's  family and friends.