British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iris123

Electric Speedway

20 hours ago, marko said:

Speedway is essentially made up of three senses, visual, audio and smell, just taking one element out can affect the experience, take two out and its no longer what you call speedway.

Don't forget touch when you get shot in the face with shale

Just noticed this Flat Track meeting on at one of my local speedway tracks soon. Looks quite interesting. Especially the Supergirl and Electric classes

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Motorrad und Text „熱いぜ! KROWD by RACE Indian presented MOTORCYCLE LATTRACK RACING 2021 COWD KROWDRACE CUP ADAC TEAM tplein MSC NORDHASTEDT-NORDSEEKÜSTE e.V. im ADAC 25. 26. SEPT SAMSTAG TRAINING SONNTAG RENNEN YOUTH NEWBIE ROOKIE AMATEUR PRO SUPERGIRL ELECTRIC VINTAGE THUNDERBIKE HOOLIGAN BRUMMM WWW.KROWDRACE.DE HEIDENAUL“

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2021 at 4:04 PM, iris123 said:

The move against noise pollution is getting stronger by the week it seems and isn't going to go away.

I posted on her possibly a year ago about some moves. Towns and cities banning loud motorbikes at the weekend. Now Paris has even gone to a 30kmh limit in most areas, and noise was one of the factors. It is getting hard for private people, so a recreational sport will find itself under even more pressure and especially one that is only watched by a small strange section of society has no real pressure working in its favour

You could say it is even less necessary in Denmark as most of their tracks, possibly all are outside residential areas. Often well away

Seems noise traps are going to be set up in Paris and 7 other French cities from this November

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von außen und Text „2DF Lärm-Blitzer in Frankreich So funktionieren sie R Mikrofonarme misst mehrmals pro Sekunde Umfang & & Richtung, aus der der Lärm kommt identifiziert Halter des Fahrzeugs mit Kamera & Kennzeichenlesegerät æå soll V. in Metropolen & bei Motorradfahrern beliebten Ausflugsregionen eingesetzt werden WISO Quellen: dpa; Lärmschutzverband Bruitparif; Umweltbundesamt“

14 hours ago, iris123 said:

Seems noise traps are going to be set up in Paris and 7 other French cities from this November

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von außen und Text „2DF Lärm-Blitzer in Frankreich So funktionieren sie R Mikrofonarme misst mehrmals pro Sekunde Umfang & & Richtung, aus der der Lärm kommt identifiziert Halter des Fahrzeugs mit Kamera & Kennzeichenlesegerät æå soll V. in Metropolen & bei Motorradfahrern beliebten Ausflugsregionen eingesetzt werden WISO Quellen: dpa; Lärmschutzverband Bruitparif; Umweltbundesamt“

What happens if you break the noise limit? Is it equipped with a laser cannon?

2 hours ago, iainb said:

What happens if you break the noise limit? Is it equipped with a laser cannon?

Or something on your door mat! :unsure:

• Like 1

That MX bike above looks incredible and it isn't expensive compared to the current top of the range bikes either.

I've picked up my electric trials bike and am incredibly happy with it. Probably somewhere about the same sort of power as a 200cc petrol trials bike but incredibly easy to ride and virtually silent. We had it out playing about 20 yards from a school where my Granddaughter was having a horse riding lesson and the horse never took the blindest bit of notice. More to the point nor did any of the horsey people at the yard apart from a couple who came over to show some interest. My horses don't take any notice of it either and if it was 40 yards away in the woods you would never know it was there.

Takes motorcycling into the same sphere as horse riding for me, the opportunity to ride every day locally without complaints. Big difference to last year with the flat tracker when I was able to ride just 8 times in the whole year. Might not take over motorsport but will certainly compliment it for many.

• Like 4