British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators 8th September

I have no doubt Poole will win but I hope it’s closer than last time,is havvy really that bad and why?

45 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I have no doubt Poole will win but I hope it’s closer than last time,is havvy really that bad and why?

Definitely closer than last time! Havvy just not as tactically aware as other managers. But at home it should be fine. No one should need to be taken out of a ride.

I think it shows up more in away meetings as some riders will be good and some might have an off night. He wouldn't necessarily bring a reserve out if a top 5 rider was struggling a bit. But he was better last away meeting he did. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lawson might be missing. R/R or guest?

I take it he's no1? Surely he has highest average unless it's Bjarne. See if he pulls out of the Plymouth Individual tomorrow or not. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lawson might be missing. R/R or guest?

Hope Ben Barker gets a run out, seems close to the club and has basically signed for them next season already... Nice to see a Diamond riding in an actually competitive team too...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Hope Ben Barker gets a run out, seems close to the club and has basically signed for them next season already... Nice to see a Diamond riding in an actually competitive team too...

ben barker would be ideal rode at poole when riding for you a couple of weeks back as you may know 

A shame for Lawson who has had a good season. If he is number one they can cover with a guest. Barker the obvious choice.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A shame for Lawson who has had a good season. If he is number one they can cover with a guest. Barker the obvious choice.

A guest is available for riders 1,2 and 3 in the averages (and 6&7, also 4 and/or 5 in certain circumstances!).

I think broc is guesting for scunny at Kent tonight, might fancy the job tomorrow as well. Seems to have taken a liking to the Poole track

54 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I think broc is guesting for scunny at Kent tonight, might fancy the job tomorrow as well. Seems to have taken a liking to the Poole track

Yes, he first rode at Poole this season when guesting for Scunthorpe and only took first one or two rides to get to grips with it. So his performance with Glasgow was no surprise.

i think gary may will get barker if available as he is destined to go there next season 

20 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I take it he's no1? Surely he has highest average unless it's Bjarne. See if he pulls out of the Plymouth Individual tomorrow or not. 

Bjarne is still Number 1

lawson not riding tonight but they can still have a guest tomorrow night anyway

1 hour ago, ray c said:

lawson not riding tonight but they can still have a guest tomorrow night anyway

Lawson good for double figures at Poole. Will have to be Barker or Nicol as they prob match that. 

• Like 1