British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators 8th September

Barker confirmed at the meeting tonight and what a belter to end the season and Danny king £2,000 grand better off for winning the A final,well done Danny hope you have a stinker tomorrow lol.

26 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Looking at the weather, think its going to be rained off. Rain is due to hit around 7pm.

i thought the weather forecast  looked like maybe or maybe not which makes it tricky

I guess it depends how quickly it moves across from the west. Hopefully it is slower than they think so they can get the meeting in. 

I think we will be absolutely fine. A risk of a few early evening showers but it should go ahead. Hopefully Plymouth will put up a good fight, especially bringing in Barker who loves the Poole track. I would like to see a tight meeting rather than the usual one sided slaughter.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think we will be absolutely fine. A risk of a few early evening showers but it should go ahead. Hopefully Plymouth will put up a good fight, especially bringing in Barker who loves the Poole track. I would like to see a tight meeting rather than the usual one sided slaughter.

Hoping to come up from Plymouth for this , it's currently chucking it down here. Can you please keep us updated about the weather. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bendonebunching said:

Hoping to come up from Plymouth for this , it's currently chucking it down here. Can you please keep us updated about the weather. 

Dry and sunny at the moment 11.50am, but dark clouds on the horizon 

38 minutes ago, Bendonebunching said:

Quite easy to look at RainToday.co.U.K. To see the actual rainfall. It has beefed up a bit since earlier and there is a thin band of rain pushing up from the Cherbourg Peninsular which could give us an hour or so of the wet stuff later on. Fingers crossed it’s not bad. At least Poland v England is on the box tonight as a fall back.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Local radio is warning of approaching rain showers and thunder storms for the Poole/Bournemouth/Christchurch areas from 1pm onwards!!?

Never mind keeping it close, Plymouth should be going to Poole tonight looking into win, they have enough track knowledge and familiarity in their ranks to cause an upset. 

Edited by Bagpuss

Rain should be here shortly and last around 60-90 mins. Clear after that.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Never mind keeping it close, Plymouth should be going to Poole tonight looking into win, they have enough track knowledge and familiarity in their ranks to cause an upset. 

They may well have enough track knowledge but even so I believe Poole will see them off.

Rain lasted 10 mins if that. Almost cleared away now and dry for the rest of the day unless something not there at the moment develops.  

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Course they are coming to Poole looking to win! Kinda hoping Bjarne gets distracted by his love of Poole during the meeting though ;)

Also Poole need to swap the Ben's around, to go from 6 to 4 is a tough jump. I think Cook needs the H8 to help him along in the meeting a bit. Also Rory tends to team ride more than anyone else.

Plymouth are far stronger at reserve tonight. How we miss Stefan. But we have more top 5 strength. Should be a good meeting.