British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators 8th September

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

What at all?

Sounds like really good racing tonight. Who does Anders Rowe ride for now? Done really well.

Didn't attend again armchair??? Tut Tut. Doesn't stop you commenting on everything though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Didn't attend again armchair??? Tut Tut. Doesn't stop you commenting on everything though.

Anders rides for Edinburgh now.

Apologies realise someone had already responded.

Edited by Endeavour
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

First one I've missed in 6 weeks. And ditto to you, maybe practice what you preach. Poole fans updates are very informative, sounded like close racing with fair amount of passing so I thought I missed a good meeting. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

First one I've missed in 6 weeks. And ditto to you, maybe practice what you preach. Poole fans updates are very informative, sounded like close racing with fair amount of passing so I thought I missed a good meeting. 

close racing yes passing perhaps not in fact maybe two all evening:t:

Racing was poor last night. Mostly gate and go. A few good skirmishes on the first lap then little after that. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

going back to the "time"issue i think it all starts badly with the two teams walking out separately ,certainly a bit boring, unimaginative and time consuming(thought both teams going round on the trailer was ok but of course thats a different story)

16 minutes ago, poole keith said:

going back to the "time"issue i think it all starts badly with the two teams walking out separately ,certainly a bit boring, unimaginative and time consuming(thought both teams going round on the trailer was ok but of course thats a different story)

Thanks Keith. I accept that it’s not everyone’s ‘cup of tea’ but we have had some very positive feedback regarding this years parade format. Personally, I like the added build-up and the focus placed on each team.

Last night’s timing problems seemed to be mainly due to a couple of excruciatingly long track grades and an interval. The Referee actually kept things moving in slick fashion and, as Ray C points out, I even shaved about a minute and a half off, myself, by somehow managing to ignore the Pirates intros!

Oops! My fault…Sorry….

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, poole keith said:

Totally agree, slow start, never gets going, no build up!

Sorry am I missing something.... why did we stop the trailer thing?

11 minutes ago, MMX Events said:

Thanks Keith. I accept that it’s not everyone’s ‘cup of tea’ but we have had some very positive feedback regarding this years parade format. Personally, I like the added build-up and the focus placed on each team.

Last night’s timing problems seemed to be mainly due to a couple of excruciatingly long track grades and an interval. The Referee actually kept things moving in slick fashion and, as Ray C points out, I even shaved about a minute and a half off, myself, by somehow managing to ignore the Pirates intros!

Oops! My fault…Sorry….

To be fair you did have two special riders on the start line in which added time but the track grade after eight went on and on we actually  thought it was the interval. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ray c said:

To be fair you did have two special riders on the start line in which added time but the track grade after eight went on and on we actually  thought it was the interval. 

It should have been. Both track grades were very long and an interval should have been called at heat 8. Used to leaving the stadium 9.15 but at that time last night we still had 4 heats to run. Proceedings really do need to be moved along at a decent speed, faster than currently.

• Like 2

i dont have any knowledge of track grading or prep but watching a tractor continually going around at 3mph is painfull !! (and then theres the wireless microphones more pain lol)

Personally I would like to see the presentation of the riders start earlier and heat 1 start at 7.30. Also as regular track grading seems to be the norm these days do we really need an interval?

• Like 1

Spot on. Parade 7.15. First race smack on 7.30. Supporters would soon adjust. Interval at major track grade after heat 8.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pirate Rich said:

Personally I would like to see the presentation of the riders start earlier and heat 1 start at 7.30. Also as regular track grading seems to be the norm these days do we really need an interval?

I thought you had to have an interval unless a meeting gets rained off after H10.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well the track was smooth, no dust…….but dead. No life in it whatsoever to lead to quite a gate and go borefest. There were a few moments of interest coming near the end with Rowe having a majestic sweep of Bjarne and Keleher, and in heat 13 when Crump, Barker gated and King squeezed between the pair if them into bend 3, but other than that it was not a great meeting. 

For Plymouth Crump looked like he was turning the clock back 15 years and got away with a huge roller in his second after being pulled back. He should have been out but the ref let it go. Got caught in his next though and thrown out.

Bjarne got a huge cheer and it looks like he has been given a farewell meeting at Poole in October. Awaiting further details.

An easy win, and not much else to report. I understand no new shale has been put down at all. Whether it’s going to be done in the 2 week break we now have I have no idea. The issues of the last few weeks seem to have been sorted but passing is not as it should be.

Steve Don't think the track  was dead. Now smooth it may have been to good and when like that it does not produce good racing.  But was safe to ride on. Was talking to all the riders after the meeting they all said the same thing it was as fast on the inside as the outside.  I know over the next week they are going to had some clay and lime stone , like I've said now smooth get the track to where it should be with good racing. 

• Like 1