Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Old Crusader

07/09/21 1830 Kent v Scunthorpe (Champ)

22 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Hope he scores like he did on his visit with Glasgow when at Kent 

12 paid 14 from 5 rides , could really do with a point minimum 

We was hoping that with Andersen at Glasgow & we know how that faired. Nothing less than the minimum of a point required tonight.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Rides in Sweden tonight.

Piraterna have hardly used Thomas or Adam this year as have not seen their names much in the results in SS.

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Piraterna have hardly used Thomas or Adam this year as have not seen their names much in the results in SS.

Which is a shame. I was looking forward to seeing him ride at Central Park tonight.

25 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

They seem to be pretty dreadful ( my Swedish league knowledge is pretty limited ) but I don’t think they’ve won a match this season have they ?!

Just looked in SS, 1 point for a draw at home from 12 meetings.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Jack Thomas guests for Palin

Broc Nicol guests for Aarnio

Ultimatley around CP, strengthens Scunny imo

Probably true knowing what Palin scored as a guest & Aarnio's troubles on tighter tracks.

We know Nicol scored well for us at Poole & Mountain scored well on Friday but are some of our guests just going through the motions earning their expenses rather than helping us & hurting their own teams, especially at this time of the year. A little more incentive (£s) might help us if Rob would just dig a bit deeper into his pockets but not bowing to rider demands but paying that little bit more to aid the saying "I'll scratch your back if you'll scratch mine".

Even the top riders can score differently as in recent cases of guest riding in either league. Over the past month, Cook, Worrall & Lawson have had poor to mediocre scores (although Worrall scored well at Leicester on Saturday - 12 pt max getting set ups & track knowledge for future meetings)

Now THAT is what I call a collapse!

Must have Been a high drama thriller.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Now THAT is what I call a collapse!

Must have Been a high drama thriller.

Crazy last 4 heats...but that's what speedway can be about occasionally! 

Team manager for Scunny must take some blame for poor decisions , guests did great , especially Broc, shocking to go from 10 points up with 4 to go and lose, thought that was Glasgow's forte in some meetings

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

Team manager for Scunny must take some blame for poor decisions , guests did great , especially Broc, shocking to go from 10 points up with 4 to go and lose, thought that was Glasgow's forte in some meetings

Happened to Poole at Redcar a few weeks ago. 8 up heat 11 to lose by 8. Shocking.

Shambles,trump card Lambert did nothing,pijper was terrible as usual and Ellis needs to stop saving his best engines for sheffield

• Like 4

Tac sub for a home team again :mad:

Not sure I like that rule. Ruined heat 15 as a spectacle surely broc being excluded for what is a minor offence. 

I can't believe what I have just witnessed, well , read but this is shocking & an absolute shambles thinking the job was done. We do have decent heat leaders when they turn up but other teams have better & more consistent at the business end of meetings(heats 11 - 15 as shown on Friday) & we have not learnt. Riders & management are to blame & it will be interesting to hear Dave Peets take on precedings!

Ok, prior to meeting I would have been happy with 1 point but again, we throw it away. The last thing I want to see/hear is "after the interval we didn't adapt & they(Kent) adapted to the change". 

• Like 1