British Speedway Forum
George Dodds

Berwick v Glasgow Saturday 11 September, 7pm

42 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Disappointing result to finish the season for Berwick, I thought we had a chance to take the points tonight. Poor way for Spud to go out, but he's had a poor season overall. 

Glasgow looked much sharper tonight than they did in the Cup, especially Sam Jensen. Tom Brennan continues to impress. Rides well wherever he goes and conducts himself well when he speaks in interviews. Has a good future if he keeps going like this.

Berwick just don't have the top end strength to compete. 

On the plus side, there was probably the biggest crowd of the season tonight. Glasgow always bring a big following and create a good atmosphere. 

One thing that puzzled me tonight, on the Leon exclusion. If it was an unsatisfactory start, should he still be excluded for being the cause of the stoppage once the race has started?

Racing was also poor tonight. Struggling to remember a genuine pass. 

We thought the same with Leon's exclusion (Nichol warned for moving at the start so surely Leon wasn't the cause of the stoppage). In the re-run he moved again just about sending Aaron through the tapes but the race continued with Aaron being warned.

Various dodgy starts including Cook being ready to race about a minute after the 2minutes had elapsed in heat 13 (completely ignoring the start Marshall).

Hopefully Berwick don't get allocated this referee much next season as I can remember him being the referee for 3 home defeats this season (possibly more?).

Happy retirement spud :drink:

How bad is the racing these days at Berwick, that’s twice we’ve been in just over a month and you’d be hard pushed to remember any sort of race. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

We thought the same with Leon's exclusion (Nichol warned for moving at the start so surely Leon wasn't the cause of the stoppage). In the re-run he moved again just about sending Aaron through the tapes but the race continued with Aaron being warned.

Various dodgy starts including Cook being ready to race about a minute after the 2minutes had elapsed in heat 13 (completely ignoring the start Marshall).

Hopefully Berwick don't get allocated this referee much next season as I can remember him being the referee for 3 home defeats this season (possibly more?).

Common denominator in most off this.

6 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I'd tend to disagree but I've only been 10 or so times and almost always seen first timers struggle. But I'll bow to your superior knowledge

I can understand what you are saying, Berwick has such narrow straights because of the football pitch and consequently tight entries and exits to much wider bends, its an unusual shape especially for foreign riders who are generally used to wide circuits with loads of room.

6 hours ago, Cerro said:

Happy retirement spud :drink:

How bad is the racing these days at Berwick, that’s twice we’ve been in just over a month and you’d be hard pushed to remember any sort of race. 

Tend to agree most races this season, like previous seasons could probably fill your programme out when they exit bend 2, the track alterations have made little difference if any IMO, just what it is.

Very very disappointing end to the season! That’s all I’ll say :sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandking072 said:

Would anyone have the race times for last night please? Thanks in advance.

Heats 1 _5 66.6,67.3,65.9,68.1,66.7 missed heats 6,7,8, heat 9 67.2,heat10 66.8, missed heat 11, heat 12 67.2 missed heats 13 and15 heat14 was67.5

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Heats 1 _5 66.6,67.3,65.9,68.1,66.7 missed heats 6,7,8, heat 9 67.2,heat10 66.8, missed heat 11, heat 12 67.2 missed heats 13 and15 heat14 was67.5

Thanks a lot for your help. Hopefully someone can fill in the gaps. Much appreciated.

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I can understand what you are saying, Berwick has such narrow straights because of the football pitch and consequently tight entries and exits to much wider bends, its an unusual shape especially for foreign riders who are generally used to wide circuits with loads of room.

The track has been altered the straits were widened  so not such a tight entrance to corners,still only 1 racing line though because the riders are going so fast on a slick track.It’s really just a gaters paradise ,mark your programme at the end of the back straight 1st lap.All the action is on the 1st and 2nd bend.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sandking072 said:

Thanks a lot for your help. Hopefully someone can fill in the gaps. Much appreciated.

And I can get mine filled in as well lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The track has been altered the straits were widened  so not such a tight entrance to corners,still only 1 racing line though because the riders are going so fast on a slick track.It’s really just a gaters paradise ,mark your programme at the end of the back straight 1st lap.All the action is on the 1st and 2nd bend.

True .

I was at the match last night,I thought it was Leon that fell on the 1st bend in Ht15,the match report on the Website said it was Dani, who was it please?

6 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I was at the match last night,I thought it was Leon that fell on the 1st bend in Ht15,the match report on the Website said it was Dani, who was it please?

Leon was taken out according to the referee. Seemed to be on spuds bike on the re run. Cook was excluded

• Like 1