British Speedway Forum
George Dodds

Berwick v Glasgow Saturday 11 September, 7pm

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Would love to see Greg Blair given the number 7 next season, if same sort of rules apply, with some decent equipment he would give it a real go

Was just saying the same to someone today. He certainly gives it 100% and never gives up. He is certainly an entertainer and would be a crowd favourite 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuntdouble said:

Was just saying the same to someone today. He certainly gives it 100% and never gives up. He is certainly an entertainer and would be a crowd favourite 

Would need to sharpen up his gating,miss the gate at Championship level  and he won’t get near enough to pass given the race times.Good entertainer though.100% effort.

5 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Well he’s not signed ? That is just a lie. Last meeting of the season going to be in early september then? :unsure:Thought there would be some form of challenge or individual meeting, shame

Berwick had a challenge meeting a couple of weeks ago. 

Hopefully Jason carries on from his heat 15 form from a few weeks ago (agree he hasn't signed).

3 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Would love to see Greg Blair given the number 7 next season, if same sort of rules apply, with some decent equipment he would give it a real go

Not a chance. A National League rider. Entertaining, yes. All action, yes. He's been a breath of fresh air for the Bullets this year. But that's his level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topsoil said:

Not a chance. A National League rider. Entertaining, yes. All action, yes. He's been a breath of fresh air for the Bullets this year. But that's his level.

To be fair he rode well at Redcar when replacing Bickley

• Like 4

10 hours ago, topsoil said:

Did you go on Saturday? And to Redcar? Think you’d have a different opinion if you saw who he was beating and passing in those 2 meetings on different tracks, beat plenty Championship riders, under the same system will be a lower star rating than Bickley, saving you an extra point in the main body. He was streets ahead of Morley, Gilkes and Mulford on Saturday, with better equipment coming from better sponsors he would be even better.

I am with topsoil on this one, I think Blair will pick up points on familiar tracks, Berwick, Glasgow, Redcar etc but won't pick up points on a regular bases. Trouble is I think Blair will get a team place next season, we must hope his reserve partner has the ability to score big.

Going with Berwick's spin about " signing  " Jason Crump, can we take it up at Glasgow on Friday Jadon Crump will a guest replacement for Jason Crump.

22 minutes ago, screm said:

I am with topsoil on this one, I think Blair will pick up points on familiar tracks, Berwick, Glasgow, Redcar etc but won't pick up points on a regular bases. Trouble is I think Blair will get a team place next season, we must hope his reserve partner has the ability to score big.

He might not be reserve, depending on league structures next season and what league Berwick are in.Surely we cant go on with this nonsense of seeing the same riders in different Teams every week.

6 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Did you go on Saturday? And to Redcar? Think you’d have a different opinion if you saw who he was beating and passing in those 2 meetings on different tracks, beat plenty Championship riders, under the same system will be a lower star rating than Bickley, saving you an extra point in the main body. He was streets ahead of Morley, Gilkes and Mulford on Saturday, with better equipment coming from better sponsors he would be even better.

Not for me. I don't think he would pick up points consistently enough. Any successful Berwick team has been built on big scoring reserves. Stick with the Bullets, enjoy his riding and help the young riders on.

Another one I’m going to miss , first time in year’s I have missed getting down to Berwick.

33 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Not for me. I don't think he would pick up points consistently enough. Any successful Berwick team has been built on big scoring reserves. Stick with the Bullets, enjoy his riding and help the young riders on.

I just think that if he had Kyle Buckley’s standard of machinery, he’d be better than him in all honesty, but obviously that’s all ‘what if’

2 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I just think that if he had Kyle Buckley’s standard of machinery, he’d be better than him in all honesty, but obviously that’s all ‘what if’

Often the case. You need good machinery under you and the ability to use it well.

Greig has been riding his  old standard type engine this year up until a week ago good equipment for NL but he then  tried one of the newer offset engines from mitch davy  in a meeting and struggled with it totally different power output    to his standard engines having never ridden one in a race meeting felt the bike was in control and not him but had a couple outing after the meeting and enjoyed it pretty sure once he gets used to them will be a lot better 

• Like 2