Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
George Dodds

Berwick v Glasgow Saturday 11 September, 7pm

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Not being there not sure but wonder if a big discrepancy in the gates to fluctuate so rapidly

Could be, I think Poole had that problem when they were there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like spud has retirement on his mind and getting out safe. Understandable I guess just shame not going out on a high

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Looks like spud has retirement on his mind and getting out safe. Understandable I guess just shame not going out on a high

A well deserved retirement, a great servant to many Northern clubs.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tweedcider said:

A well deserved retirement, a great servant to many Northern clubs.

Absolutely don't have a bad word to say about the man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jaizer said:

Cookie getting a bit naughty and arguing with the referee? Definitely has his mojo back 

He almost messed it up for Glasgow. So race for top 2 between Poole, Glasgow and Redcar is still on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, screm said:

What is it with Cookie and Ht15 at Berwick.:blink:

Cookie always does it at Berwick twice to jye and now to leon 

Edited by Johncena

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed not to see Crumpie again , also disappointing last match ,think that's 5 times we've been beaten at home , usually just miss playoffs this year never near if it wasn't for Leon we would be even worse off.With Spud retiring, don't think NBJ will be back now he has a thriving business to run will be interesting to see the shape of the team next year.Good luck to Spud.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result and performance from the Tigers and a mention for Aaron Summers who was an excellent servant to Glasgow a few years back. Happy retirement. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointing result to finish the season for Berwick, I thought we had a chance to take the points tonight. Poor way for Spud to go out, but he's had a poor season overall. 

Glasgow looked much sharper tonight than they did in the Cup, especially Sam Jensen. Tom Brennan continues to impress. Rides well wherever he goes and conducts himself well when he speaks in interviews. Has a good future if he keeps going like this.

Berwick just don't have the top end strength to compete. 

On the plus side, there was probably the biggest crowd of the season tonight. Glasgow always bring a big following and create a good atmosphere. 

One thing that puzzled me tonight, on the Leon exclusion. If it was an unsatisfactory start, should he still be excluded for being the cause of the stoppage once the race has started?

Racing was also poor tonight. Struggling to remember a genuine pass. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Disappointing result to finish the season for Berwick, I thought we had a chance to take the points tonight. Poor way for Spud to go out, but he's had a poor season overall. 

Glasgow looked much sharper tonight than they did in the Cup, especially Sam Jensen. Tom Brennan continues to impress. Rides well wherever he goes and conducts himself well when he speaks in interviews. Has a good future if he keeps going like this.

Berwick just don't have the top end strength to compete. 

On the plus side, there was probably the biggest crowd of the season tonight. Glasgow always bring a big following and create a good atmosphere. 

One thing that puzzled me tonight, on the Leon exclusion. If it was an unsatisfactory start, should he still be excluded for being the cause of the stoppage once the race has started?

Racing was also poor tonight. Struggling to remember a genuine pass. 

Let’s face it,  there are not many genuine passes round Berwick these days,close fast racing but few passes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Na it's a pretty specialist track Berwick, Sam got 4 donuts last time was there can see much better now knows what to expect

It’s not a specialist track,it’s just a gaters track,most riders don’t have trouble getting round.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fromafar said:

It’s not a specialist track,it’s just a gaters track,most riders don’t have trouble getting round.

I'd tend to disagree but I've only been 10 or so times and almost always seen first timers struggle. But I'll bow to your superior knowledge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

I'd tend to disagree but I've only been 10 or so times and almost always seen first timers struggle. But I'll bow to your superior knowledge

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy