British Speedway Forum
George Dodds

Berwick v Glasgow Saturday 11 September, 7pm

5 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Leon was taken out according to the referee. Seemed to be on spuds bike on the re run. Cook was excluded

Thanks

Delighted with the 4 points , which was a must for us last night , but as a spectacle it was a pretty mundane meeting . Riders chased hard , but overtaking was impossible unless the man in front made a mistake . 

I've a lot of time for Berwick speedway and their fans , but I doubt if I could go and watch that every week 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandking072 said:

Thanks a lot for your help. Hopefully someone can fill in the gaps. Much appreciated.

Heat 6 67.1

7 67.3

8 67.2

11 67.0

13 68.5

I too missed Heat 15.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Heat 6 67.1

7 67.3

8 67.2

11 67.0

13 68.5

I too missed Heat 15.

Brilliant! Thank you.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

I was at the match last night,I thought it was Leon that fell on the 1st bend in Ht15,the match report on the Website said it was Dani, who was it please?

Incredible.:) Pretty sure it was Leon Flint, the official site is a bit of a let down.

"Cook ran Gappmaier wide on bend one of heat 15 with the Bandit running out of track and ending up in the fence for which the Tigers’ number one was excluded from the re-run in which Wells took the win over Gappmaier and Flint sharing the race and ending the night 41-49.

6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I can understand what you are saying, Berwick has such narrow straights because of the football pitch and consequently tight entries and exits to much wider bends, its an unusual shape especially for foreign riders who are generally used to wide circuits with loads of room.

Both straights were widened recently in the hope it would give the riders new lines, it hasn't. Passing is not impossible at Berwick but it is hard.

8 minutes ago, screm said:

Both straights were widened recently in the hope it would give the riders new lines, it hasn't. Passing is not impossible at Berwick but it is hard.

Doesn’t seem to hamper a certain mr Blair 

8 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Doesn’t seem to hamper a certain mr Blair 

The NDL racing is generally better because the riders are of differing standard and passing does happen,but looking at race time Blair wouldn’t pass any of the Premiership riders if he missed the gate.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

The NDL racing is generally better because the riders are of differing standard and passing does happen,but looking at race time Blair wouldn’t pass any of the Premiership riders if he missed the gate.

Or Championship.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Or Championship.

all the same bar Holder, Bewley & Kurtz lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

We thought the same with Leon's exclusion (Nichol warned for moving at the start so surely Leon wasn't the cause of the stoppage). In the re-run he moved again just about sending Aaron through the tapes but the race continued with Aaron being warned.

Various dodgy starts including Cook being ready to race about a minute after the 2minutes had elapsed in heat 13 (completely ignoring the start Marshall).

Hopefully Berwick don't get allocated this referee much next season as I can remember him being the referee for 3 home defeats this season (possibly more?).

To be honest the starts throughout were generally very poor inc heat 1 when Craig Cook jumped from Gate 4

Some wierd decisions?

Take my hat off to Berwick though   They seem to be one of not too many clubs who look to be holding there own crowd wise.  It not always top drawer racing but it is what it is so we live with it. A lot regulars on here complain about the track but it not going to change anymore?  Looked a very good attendance last night as expected   All of PL clubs would have liked that.

Craig Cook for sure was going to get that inside dive in Heat 15, no matter who was there, but Leon Flint seemed totally innocent party.   One of not too many correcct decisions.  Shades of Heat 15 in 2019 although later race with Etheridge

17 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

To be honest the starts throughout were generally very poor inc heat 1 when Craig Cook jumped from Gate 4

Some wierd decisions?

Take my hat off to Berwick though   They seem to be one of not too many clubs who look to be holding there own crowd wise.  It not always top drawer racing but it is what it is so we live with it. A lot regulars on here complain about the track but it not going to change anymore?  Looked a very good attendance last night as expected   All of PL clubs would have liked that.

Craig Cook for sure was going to get that inside dive in Heat 15, no matter who was there, but Leon Flint seemed totally innocent party.   One of not too many correcct decisions.  Shades of Heat 15 in 2019 although later race with Etheridge

they widened the track to give cookie more room lol