British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Sheffield 09/09/21

Although the results state that they have performed poorly this year, the management feels that, with bargain averages, we will keep the septet in 2022.

2 hours ago, NSS1 said:

And all bewleys  have been in top 5 also better polish average than Lambert!! also finished in top 5 of euro championship ahead of Lambert so its likely Dan will end up winning the league with wroclaw he has clearly had a better season than Lambert and with SON at NSS he clearly deserves is place in the team ahead of Lambert who knows next season Lambert may be better but this season Dan has been better Lambert hasn't  rode NSS for 3 years I think Dan has got better knowledge of NSS anyway let's see thier choice  ?

No idea what you are banging on about as nobody has said that its shouldn't be Woffy and Bewley at BV in the SoN, the discussion is about Lambert's season, in which incidentally he averaged more than Bewley in Poland without 'easier' rides.

Anyway back to the meeting. Sheffield managed a draw after dominating the meeting from the start. Josh Pickering was excellent value. Falls for Ellis and Howarth proving costly late on. Thanks to jack Thomas for stepping in   He was on the pace but blew his engine at the start of his 3 rd ride. The injury to Nielsen has killed our chances in the play offs now we are vulnerable at reserve and trying to cover for the under par bachelor. Decent meeting but one we should have won 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

What’s the big announcement about next season ?

Lawson and Jorgensen have signed for next season.

I have had time to digest this now and whilst it's nice to make early signings,are the rules sorted for next season.

If we all had to name two riders to keep it would probably be those two.But unfortunately Lawson is saddled with a high average now,can he improve on that,probably not but worth a gamble as he has earnt his place for this year's performances.

Jorgensen I think I would have let go now.Whilst exciting to watch at the NA away from home he is still poor.I spoke to him at the end of 2019 and said this to him.He said he knew he had to sort his away form out,but he hasn't delivered.Will 2022 be the same.

Anyway tonight's meeting was decent. MPT and Kerr rode well,Barker all effort and scored well,Jorgensen not what we normally get from him,Riss poor again and the reserves done their jobs.Connor hopefully will be retained next year as a rising star.

Over and out roll on 2022 and hopefully a big signing in the pipeline:rolleyes:

I think TJ is ok .Needs to up his away ave by 1.5..Last chance for me. The fans love him. We know he's nailed on. Lawson on a 7.20ish, is a top rider in this watered down league, also signed. Kerr is on a 2 year deal, but we need to move on i feel. Barker only at reserve. .Lets see how the 2022 rules pan out

We don't know if it's 1 league or 2,  if it's either we are ok so far, with TJ and Lawson.

Edited by Bald Bloke

18 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think TJ is ok .Needs to up his away ave by 1.5..Last chance for me. The fans love him. We know he's nailed on. Lawson on a 7.20ish, is a top rider in this watered down league, also signed. Kerr is on a 2 year deal, but we need to move on i feel. Barker only at reserve. .Lets see how the 2022 rules pan out

We don't know if it's 1 league or 2,  if it's either we are ok so far, with TJ and Lawson.

Plymouth have also announced that Lawson will be riding for them next year. Good to know that everything has been sorted for next year like the number of leagues, the teams in these leagues, the number of riders in each team, the number of riders allowed to double up or down per team, the points limit for each team, etc. 

2 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Plymouth have also announced that Lawson will be riding for them next year. Good to know that everything has been sorted for next year like the number of leagues, the teams in these leagues, the number of riders in each team, the number of riders allowed to double up or down per team, the points limit for each team, etc. 

Not sure, but deffo 2 top leagues

7 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Pickering would be his weight in gold if we could get him.

Think is we should have nabbed him when he was on a 4.89 average.Would think that will be higher than that when he gets a new average.A friend said to me before Pickering went to Sheffield we should go out and get him.Just imagine where we would have been with him instead of Wells.

Thing is with Dale it's the same old riders,it seems he is scared to try new blood.

Edited by tellboy

8 hours ago, tellboy said:

Lawson and Jorgensen have signed for next season.

I have had time to digest this now and whilst it's nice to make early signings,are the rules sorted for next season.

If we all had to name two riders to keep it would probably be those two.But unfortunately Lawson is saddled with a high average now,can he improve on that,probably not but worth a gamble as he has earnt his place for this year's performances.

Jorgensen I think I would have let go now.Whilst exciting to watch at the NA away from home he is still poor.I spoke to him at the end of 2019 and said this to him.He said he knew he had to sort his away form out,but he hasn't delivered.Will 2022 be the same.

Anyway tonight's meeting was decent. MPT and Kerr rode well,Barker all effort and scored well,Jorgensen not what we normally get from him,Riss poor again and the reserves done their jobs.Connor hopefully will be retained next year as a rising star.

Over and out roll on 2022 and hopefully a big signing in the pipeline:rolleyes:

I wouldn’t hold much hope for a big signing remember who puts our teams together  lol 

• Like 1

Has it been announced that Brady and Allitt are the new promoters and Buster isnt involved for next season ?

9 minutes ago, semion said:

Has it been announced that Brady and Allitt are the new promoters and Buster isnt involved for next season ?

Buster owns the clubs, others will run them unless he finds a buyer 

8 hours ago, tellboy said:

Think is we should have nabbed him when he was on a 4.89 average.Would think that will be higher than that when he gets a new average.A friend said to me before Pickering went to Sheffield we should go out and get him.Just imagine where we would have been with him instead of Wells.

Thing is with Dale it's the same old riders,it seems he is scared to try new blood.

Yeah, bit of a shame. He is still on 4.89 at the moment, but has averaged 6.59 so far for Sheffield (8 meetings). He sure likes the AFA though. 27 points here this season from 10 rides, for a 10.80 average over his 2 meeting here:blink:

16 hours ago, tellboy said:

Was there an issue with Pickering's visa or something?