British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Sheffield 09/09/21

16 hours ago, tellboy said:

Think is we should have nabbed him when he was on a 4.89 average.Would think that will be higher than that when he gets a new average.A friend said to me before Pickering went to Sheffield we should go out and get him.Just imagine where we would have been with him instead of Wells.

Thing is with Dale it's the same old riders,it seems he is scared to try new blood.

Scared?  Christ on one hand old fans say there's no loyalty to riders, next, get rid of them all and get new blood!! Who'd be a bloody promoter!!

7 hours ago, Trees said:

Scared?  Christ on one hand old fans say there's no loyalty to riders, next, get rid of them all and get new blood!! Who'd be a bloody promoter!!

I'm not saying get rid of all of them.And I understand what you are saying you do want loyalty to some riders.But not 5 or 6 of them almost.We had loyalty from people like Tiddler,Betts,Topinka but most of those teams would change regularly.You can't  keep an underperforming side and be happy with it.Most fans don't want that.

8 hours ago, Trees said:

Was there an issue with Pickering's visa or something?

Don't know,I don't understand how visas etc work but surely if Sheffield got him we could have too.

9 hours ago, Trees said:

No, people have a problem because its usually the ones that should be kept that aren’t and vice versa. 

Lets be honest, Lynn have turned into a shambles of a club at the top level.  

20 minutes ago, Pinny said:

No, people have a problem because its usually the ones that should be kept that aren’t and vice versa. 

Lets be honest, Lynn have turned into a shambles of a club at the top level.  

I don't think it's any coincidence that its coincided with Buster buying P'boro and having to spread his £'s more thinly. Cheap options like Proctor, Lambert (S) and Kinsley and risky signings like Bridger are no good, we need freshening up a bit. They've done that through this season and eventually stumbled upon the basis of something a bit more competitive, one or two imaginative signings and it could be a half decent team next year if they get it right. The new team manager seems to have had a positive effect, sometimes some different personalities rather than the same old same old are required to freshen things up.

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I don't think it's any coincidence that its coincided with Buster buying P'boro and having to spread his £'s more thinly. Cheap options like Proctor, Lambert (S) and Kinsley and risky signings like Bridger are no good, we need freshening up a bit. They've done that through this season and eventually stumbled upon the basis of something a bit more competitive, one or two imaginative signings and it could be a half decent team next year if they get it right. The new team manager seems to have had a positive effect, sometimes some different personalities rather than the same old same old are required to freshen things up.

Peterborough got laughed at tho and apparently built on a budget, I always thought it looked a good side from day 1. Too much experience not to be. 

Granted they wont win the league but will go to the final I reckon. 

• Like 1

In hindsight Dale made mistakes with his initial signings yes but Bridger could've worked, Ty talked a great talk before the season started and Kinsley they wanted to give the chance to, I personally think Cookie would've been fine given the chance.

It's a pity we hadn't kept Cookie and got Rich in in Ty's place, that team would've been good.

For sure Alex has brought in money, sheer enthusiasm and ideas into the club and that's awesome and needed. 

Let's see what they come up with for 2022 .....

52 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Peterborough got laughed at tho and apparently built on a budget, I always thought it looked a good side from day 1. Too much experience not to be. 

Granted they wont win the league but will go to the final I reckon. 

I wouldn't rule them out beating wolves by 10-15 points at home, it's whether they are competitive at Monmore 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Totally agree Baggy. I've been saying that all season, that Lynn has suffered since Buster bought P'boro. Pederson, Scotty, Bomber and Hans will not ride on the cheap. I can't see that Rob Lyon would of been happy with the Stars starting 7 if he was our TM at the start of this season. Maybe he had more input/voice than Peter did in building his team.. It certainly looks that way to me. Whoever built Lynn's team cocked it up, and compared to the Panthers team ,it looked like it was built on the cheap, irrespective of how the teams have done this season.  

And to think if Buster had purchased Ipswich it could of been far worse 

Lynn wanted Bjarne he chose Peterborough whose to say that others preferred to ride at Peterborough also  Harris Nicholls or MPT

Buster may of allocated an equal budget to both teams but maybe it was sponsorship gained and not just Buster's cash that allowed.Peterborough to invest in the team they have had this year .

Edited by scoobydoo

55 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

And to think if Buster had purchased Ipswich it could of been far worse 

Lynn wanted Bjarne he chose Peterborough whose to say that others preferred to ride at Peterborough also  Harris Nicholls or MPT

Buster may of allocated an equal budget to both teams but it was sponsorship gained and not just Buster's cash that allowed.Peterborough to invest in the team they have had this year .

He has also kept riders where they have history and a fan connection, just happens that yours are a lot better than ours.

• Like 1