Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bald Bloke

King's Lynn v Sheffield 09/09/21

Does anybody know the protocol for entrance tickets tonight ? Do we just produce the ticket from the rain off meeting or do we need to refresh them at the office ? 

5 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Doesn't tell the full story when Riding at No.8 and taking extra rides in every meeting.

Extra rides don't give you a better average:blink:.He's still racing against top riders in every meeting.You are the only one that thinks He's performed poorly in Poland.He has had a very good season there.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

Sheffield must have had an 'OFF DAY' on Monday, abit like yourselves on Bank Holiday Monday.

we all know who is the better team tho don't we beat you over both legs twice :t:

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Extra rides don't give you a better average:blink:.He's still racing against top riders in every meeting.You are the only one that thinks He's performed poorly in Poland.He has had a very good season there.

I didn't say he's performed poorly in Poland at all.

I said he's taken a big step backwards this year which he has. 

Hasn't kicked on after winning the European Championship.

25 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

I didn't say he's performed poorly in Poland at all.

I said he's taken a big step backwards this year which he has. 

Hasn't kicked on after winning the European Championship.

Fully understand where you're coming from. Lambert has been good in Poland & also the few meetings he's had in Sweden. In Poland though, as the No8, Lambert has been given easier heats & ideal partners to try & get maximum points. The crunch will be when he's in the 1-5, will he cut it? 

With regards to Championship level he has been abysmal. Was so desperate for him to kick on this year but it just hasn't worked. He's just so far off the pace. I'll repeat what I said a few years ago, & I stand by it. Robert Lambert for me will just be another Chris Harris. Never has what it takes at World level. 

Simon Stead also has hinted at Dan Bewley being the likely partner to Woffinden at the SON. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Does anybody know the protocol for entrance tickets tonight ? Do we just produce the ticket from the rain off meeting or do we need to refresh them at the office ? 

You just turn up as usual. It will still be valid tonight on turnstiles

My problem is I was away for original staging so bought ticket this morning that's not yet come through. At least I took a screen shot of order number, so hoping I can get in!!

27 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Fully understand where you're coming from. Lambert has been good in Poland & also the few meetings he's had in Sweden. In Poland though, as the No8, Lambert has been given easier heats & ideal partners to try & get maximum points. The crunch will be when he's in the 1-5, will he cut it? 

With regards to Championship level he has been abysmal. Was so desperate for him to kick on this year but it just hasn't worked. He's just so far off the pace. I'll repeat what I said a few years ago, & I stand by it. Robert Lambert for me will just be another Chris Harris. Never has what it takes at World level. 

Simon Stead also has hinted at Dan Bewley being the likely partner to Woffinden at the SON. 

Having just looked at Roberts scores in Poland and his opponents in his races I wouldn't call them the easy heats.He has come up against all the top riders in every match.Think he was up against against the current world champion 3 times in their last meeting.

He has struggled in the GP's though mainly through poor gating or getting out foxed in the 1st and 2nd turns.Occassionally he has had speed but not often enough.He has even blitzed the world champion a couple of times and from behind.So you know he can do it just needs some consistency.

I too would expect Bewley to be in the SON.Whilst not quite as good as Robert yet imo I think with it being at Belle Vue he is a shoe in. He is like a rocket around there.

44 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You haven`t a clue about Lambert and Poland this season. All his rides have been to replace the "rabbit "in the top 5. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

You haven`t a clue about Lambert and Poland this season. All his rides have been to replace the "rabbit "in the top 5. 

And all bewleys  have been in top 5 also better polish average than Lambert!! also finished in top 5 of euro championship ahead of Lambert so its likely Dan will end up winning the league with wroclaw he has clearly had a better season than Lambert and with SON at NSS he clearly deserves is place in the team ahead of Lambert who knows next season Lambert may be better but this season Dan has been better Lambert hasn't  rode NSS for 3 years I think Dan has got better knowledge of NSS anyway let's see thier choice  ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NSS1 said:

And all bewleys  have been in top 5 also better polish average than Lambert!! also finished in top 5 of euro championship ahead of Lambert so its likely Dan will end up winning the league with wroclaw he has clearly had a better season than Lambert and with SON at NSS he clearly deserves is place in the team ahead of Lambert who knows next season Lambert may be better but this season Dan has been better Lambert hasn't  rode NSS for 3 years I think Dan has got better knowledge of NSS anyway let's see thier choice  ?

And you also haven`t a clue about Lambert`s and Bewley`s Polish average !!!!

https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/pge-ekstraliga/statystyki

• Like 2

R&R is 100% right. You guys don't have a clue how number 8/16 works for most Polish clubs. They put U24 riders at 8/16 to have more tactical options in case of injury. If meeting is injury free, they simply use rider like Bewley, Lambert or Patrick Hansen in a main body, replacing 'rabbit'. Average is 100% legit and Lambert did amazing job for Torun this year. End of story. 

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Anyway as for the meeting Sheffield to win due to Troy Batchelor's red hot form this year in the SGB Championship (BSF Lambet logic)

He just needs to wear his Kent body colour, that should improve his form

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

He just needs to wear his Kent body colour, that should improve his form

He won rider of the month for August, at Kent last Monday.