British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Playoff dates

28 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Bearing in mind they have won all four matches I would have thought Wolves will pick Belle Vue given the choice, it’s the nearest track to them and Belle Vue have a fairly healthy travelling fan base which means if they make the final two very healthy attendances to finish the season.

I'd agree that attendances could be at the forefront of any decision.  

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Bearing in mind they have won all four matches I would have thought Wolves will pick Belle Vue given the choice, it’s the nearest track to them.

Living a few miles out of Wolverhampton and having travelled to EoESg, Owlerton & NSS a few times this year, the commute to Owlerton is preferable to the others!

I also expect whoever tops the league to pick Sheffield, should be a guaranteed final spot.  Wolves would be hoping the Aces knock out the Panthers and Panthers will fear the Aces the most.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Col said:

I'm fairly sure if Wolves have a pick, they'll go for Aces.

Van Straten always will have an eye on the bottom line so this wouldn't surprise me if he's confident Wolves can beat BV it offers the option of the best crowd.

If Wolves get to the final that sells itself 

Edited by noaksey
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

All rather depends on the weather in early winter... good chance of dates being re arranged. 

Not sure why 2021  PL play off matches HAVE to be on a Monday or Thursday........ 

It might have something to do with Premiership racenights being Monday and Thursday as doubling up riders ride Championship matches on all the other nights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

All rather depends on the weather in early winter... good chance of dates being re arranged. 

Not sure why 2021  PL play off matches HAVE to be on a Monday or Thursday........ 

Well if you want a full team they have to be. Champ playoffs look way more interesting and no Champ promoter is going to give up a rider cos you want to use their race night!!

On 9/7/2021 at 11:08 PM, SUPERACE said:

If I was wolves I'd pick Sheffield.

Wolves would be clear favourites to beat both the Aces and Sheffield in the semi, the team Wolves will fear is boro as its their worst away track.

The team with the best chance of beating boro in semi is Belle Vue (already beat them twice on aggregate) which would suit wolves perfectly.

That makes perfect sense!

Oh dear, and there was me thinking that the BSPL could agree together on a set of p. off dates for both of "their" leaguesto maximise attendances at all tracks, in the interests of the sport.

I should know better . I am a silly old sod :-(

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Oh dear, and there was me thinking that the BSPL could agree together on a set of p. off dates for both of "their" leaguesto maximise attendances at all tracks, in the interests of the sport.

I should know better . I am a silly old sod :-(

It has been agreed, mon and thurs for the prem!! Although Sheffield rode on a Sunday the other day so that's an alternative. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It has been agreed, mon and thurs for the prem!! Although Sheffield rode on a Sunday the other day so that's an alternative. 

Sheffields home Sunday meeting v Kings Lynn isn't sheduled until September 26th as today is the 10th is Poole 15 days in the future down on the south coast 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, scoobydoo said:

Sheffields home Sunday meeting v Kings Lynn isn't sheduled until September 26th as today is the 10th is Poole 15 days in the future down on the south coast 

I am easily confused! I thought it was already done haha. Anyway point is Sunday is being used whatever the week!!

On 9/10/2021 at 8:37 PM, lisa-colette said:

I am easily confused! I thought it was already done haha. Anyway point is Sunday is being used whatever the week!!

We wont want to use Sunday, crowds were terrible in 2019, that's one of main reasons we switched to the PL

It is l utter madness (even given the late start) that despite only 10 home league meetings for each team we are talking about how to fit in play off matches in October.....

3 hours ago, The Third Man said:

We wont want to use Sunday, crowds were terrible in 2019, that's one of main reasons we switched to the PL

Just an alternative if needed! Or maybe Tuesday if Sweden is finishing up. As Kent and Plymouth ride Tuesday and assuming Kent aren't making the playoffs now, might still be possible though. Weds, Fri, and Saturdays will be used by Champ playoffs. Unless the prem really need to use a Weds and Poole possibly could do  a Sunday instead?