British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Playoff dates

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

So fans and riders of the 4 teams now are probably not going to find out till next Thursday now which semi they in, home or away first, which team are against with possibly only 4 days notice. 

The NBA playoffs often have game 7s arranged at the last minute. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

As yet, don't know who will finish top and get to choose opponent. 

After the Panthers win at monmore, it is clear they will top the table. Of their choices:-

Belle Vue      Avoid like the plague, haven't beaten them at home in 2 attempts (and Bewley track record holder)

Wolves          Could choose them and be fairly untroubled as we are no threat at Alwalton

Sheffield       A tangential choice in the hope that Wolves knock out Belle Vue and then an easy final against Wolves 

Of the choices, to me the logical one is Sheffield.

Edited by Beowulf

33 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

After the Panthers win at monmore, it is clear they will top the table. Of their choices:-

Belle Vue      Avoid like the plague, haven't beaten them at home in 2 attempts (and Bewley track record holder)

Wolves          Could choose them and be fairly untroubled as we are no threat at Alwalton

Sheffield       A tangential choice in the hope that Wolves knock out Belle Vue and then an easy final against Wolves 

Still not mathematically certain yet. Sheffield logical choice. Weak at reserve with Nielsen out, and Batchelor having been poor for Tigers. 

49 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

If they finish top they will definitely pick Sheffield, i just can't see any other decision being being made.

Holder/Troy/Ellis/Howarth and Pickering COULD score for fun around our place, I'd avoid in fairness and pick Wolves. 

Still work to do if we're to finish top. 

If Wolves finish on top they could pick Belle Vue.  That should get them to the final, but they'll face bogey team Peterborough in the final.       

Alternatively, they could pick Sheffield, which also gets them to the final, and then they may well face Belle Vue which would be easier for Wolves.

If Peterborough finish top they could pick Sheffield, which gets them into the final where they would likely face Wolves, (but with Andersen no longer at reserve in the final).

Alternatively, they could gamble and pick wolves for the semi while they still have Andersen at reserve, but then they would likely face Belle Vue in the final.

I reckon semis will be

Peterborough v Sheffield

Wolves v Belle Vue.

46 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Holder/Troy/Ellis/Howarth and Pickering COULD score for fun around our place, I'd avoid in fairness and pick Wolves. 

Still work to do if we're to finish top. 

And I could win the lottery lol

not going to happen 

we are not good enough Nielsen getting injured put paid to what little chance we had  still carrying batchelor 

• Like 3

I think the play off result might come down to selection of guests.

No rider can represent more than one team in the play offs so that only leaves those from Ipswich or Kings Lynn or CL riders not with a PL team of course the RR option is available buit only for one rider in a team.

The 2 meetings between Peterborough and Sheffield Thursday and Monday will most likely see were the land lies with if Peterborough finish top and who they might pick, Peterborough can afford to lose at Sheffield but must pick up the point , then hopefully win there 2 remaining home matches .

Last time Panthers went to Sheffield Holder was missing and Harris was reserve so its not the foregone conclusion of a win for Panthers this time around as has been said theres still work to be done to reach the top for Panthers. .

Of  course all the fun would start if any of the Panthers 3 remaining matches fall foul to the weather as it would leave little time to rearange a meeting.

23 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

The 2 meetings between Peterborough and Sheffield Thursday and Monday will most likely see were the land lies with if Peterborough finish top and who they might pick, Peterborough can afford to lose at Sheffield but must pick up the point , then hopefully win there 2 remaining home matches .

Last time Panthers went to Sheffield Holder was missing and Harris was reserve so its not the foregone conclusion of a win for Panthers this time around as has been said theres still work to be done to reach the top for Panthers. .

Of  course all the fun would start if any of the Panthers 3 remaining matches fall foul to the weather as it would leave little time to rearange a meeting.

Or overturn the race-points deficit over the three meetings

2 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

If they finish top they will definitely pick Sheffield, i just can't see any other decision being being made.

Why do you say that when they have beaten Wolves both times on aggregate, beaten them comfortably twice at home and lost by 4 and won at Monmore. 
Only ridden Sheffield twice and Sheffield made changes since then. Obviously they will see how the 2 meetings against Sheffield this week go. 

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

Why do you say that when they have beaten Wolves both times on aggregate, beaten them comfortably twice at home and lost by 4 and won at Monmore. 
Only ridden Sheffield twice and Sheffield made changes since then. Obviously they will see how the 2 meetings against Sheffield this week go. 

But the important change we made is now injured, and the change we really needed to make is still there

• Like 3

If Wolves finish top i think they will pick Sheffield hoping BV knock out Peterborough as we have fared better on aggregate against them and i cant see us beating Wolves over two legs as we dont seem able to impose ourselves on teams at the NSS in the manner we will have to do in the final, its looking like Sheffield could be the pick for whoever finishes top.

14 hours ago, Rob B said:

Because boro won't want Belle Vue, so they will almost certainly put us against Wolves for them to knock us out.