British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Bears take 3 08/08

I gave up...it was a warm and muggy evening, and then they stop the meeting to test out everyone's patience. 

I went home before my frustration boiled over into something nasty. Not sure if or when I'll be wanting to go back again either. No wonder everyone's falling out of love with the sport...Poole put on a pantomime last week then Redcar put on a farce this week. Next week, they'll stage a comedy, and one day there'll be a real drama. The problem is that they want us to paying to see speedway the sport not these theatrical performances.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, bluejam said:

Too right:t:Get it sorted and maybe folk will start coming back to watch;)

What would these riders have made of the Wheels, 1986 vintage? :blink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bluejam said:

Haven't the riders from the two teams done a track walk before the meeting commenced?

Yes. 

But there is a big difference between walking a track and racing on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

I gave up...it was a warm and muggy evening, and then they stop the meeting to test out everyone's patience. 

I went home before my frustration boiled over into something nasty. Not sure if or when I'll be wanting to go back again either. No wonder everyone's falling out of love with the sport...Poole put on a pantomime last week then Redcar put on a farce this week. Next week, they'll stage a comedy, and one day there'll be a real drama. The problem is that they want us to paying to see speedway the sport not these theatrical performances.

Have you ever thought of moving house? :lol:

• Like 1

Left after heat 4 after watching various tractors going around, with the A34 roadworks & M6 junction 10 an absolute disaster I can't afford to be leaving Perry Barr close to 22:00.  Whoever was wearing a Redcar top walking the track waving at the crowd was enough for me. I'd like to know which Redcar rider complained, Wright was out on track ready for heat 5, Kerr had won heat 3 by a mile and MPT gave Riss a decent race in heat 4.  If the Perry Barr track is bad, you can usually tell by how cautious Thomas is entering the turns, not the case tonight he was keeping pace with Riss & MPT in heat 4.

Just now, OGT said:

What would these riders have made of the Wheels, 1986 vintage? :blink:

I absolutely loved the place on a Friday night,:rofl:

7 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Ah so it’s the visiting teams that are the problem, not the track prep?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Ah so it’s the visiting teams that are the problem, not the track prep?

You're 2 pts down with 5 heats to go:blink:The Bears should take all 4 pts;)

7 minutes ago, bluejam said:

You're 2 pts down with 5 heats to go:blink:The Bears should take all 4 pts;)

Well done to them, I'll be supporting the other 5 teams in the playoffs.  Even Poole!

16 minutes ago, bluejam said:

I absolutely loved the place on a Friday night,:rofl:

Friday night was Motocross night :party:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Col said:

Well done to them, I'll be supporting the other 5 teams in the playoffs.  Even Poole!

Even Poole ???!!!

Has anyone ever said that before??! :unsure::D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Col said:

How about supporting a team that produces a good race track……week, after week, after week ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

How about supporting a team that produces a good race track……week, after week, after week ?

Glasgow then? :D

Just now, Fortythirtyeight said:

But has riders that refuse to ride if a track isn't to their liking, no thanks.  As I said Wright was on track ready for heat 5, Kerr won heat 4 by a mile, MPT gave Riss a race in heat 4.  Who complained?  My first visit to PB this year was that disastrous KO cup clash and tonight will probably be my last visit.

12 minutes ago, OGT said:

Friday night was Motocross night :party:

Sorry bud I was just checking how many games i could make at the Ricoh Arena this coming season:lol: