British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Bears take 3 08/08

3 minutes ago, Col said:

But has riders that refuse to ride if a track isn't to their liking, no thanks.  As I said Wright was on track ready for heat 5, Kerr won heat 4 by a mile, MPT gave Riss a race in heat 4.  Who complained?  My first visit to PB this year was that disastrous KO cup clash and tonight will probably be my last visit.

Your just believing the Birmingham hype. If you were in the pits you would have heard the two home riders complaining .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluejam said:

Sorry bud I was just checking how many games i could make at the Ricoh Arena this coming season:lol:

Ooh yes, not long now, Allez x3 

3 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Your just believing the Birmingham hype. If you were in the pits you would have heard the two home riders complaining .

What Birmingham hype?  What the centre-green chap was saying or Dave Rowe in the box?  Nope, couldn't hear them, the tractors were drowning them out.  If there was a problem with the track I'd expect Thomas to be cautious entering the corners, as he has been when that is the case all year, but tonight he wasn't - won heat 2, kept MPT honest in heat 4.

That is some result for Redcar. 
King Charles and Lewis Kerr outstanding.

Edited by Robinh88

2 minutes ago, Col said:

What Birmingham hype?  What the centre-green chap was saying or Dave Rowe in the box?  Nope, couldn't hear them, the tractors were drowning them out.  If there was a problem with the track I'd expect Thomas to be cautious entering the corners, as he has been when that is the case all year, but tonight he wasn't - won heat 2, kept MPT honest in heat 4.

So one rider rides better than you expect and therefore everything is hunky dorie ? 
The club would not have done the extensive track work if it was only Redcar complaining. The ref also agreed to the track work being done. The biggest complainers were the amateurish Birmingham promoters who have proved their ineptitude once again. If you can’t prepare a half decent , safe, race track , because of “ lack of time “, then don’t try and promote speedway !

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bellers101 said:

Good with for Redcar at Birmingdump tonight.

But your team were refusing to race after heat 4:blink:So it's all ok cos you took the points:rolleyes:

Edited by bluejam

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Even Poole ???!!!

Has anyone ever said that before??! :unsure::D

NEVER!!!!!!:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

So one rider rides better than you expect and therefore everything is hunky dorie ? 

The best indication I have of track conditions at Perry Barr, other than those visible to me (dust, soggy patches, ruts - none of those before I left) is the attitude of Thomas entering the turns.  It's consistent, he rides the track week-in, week-out, I see him every match.  What do you want me to do, get Tatum's dirt-o-metre out and and go check the track myself.

2 minutes ago, bluejam said:

NEVER!!!!!!:lol:

First time for everything.  *borrows nephews Pirate hat* but only after I've borrowed his Tiger onesie :)

• Haha 1

The Birmingham track is just terrible . Birmingham fans will complain that Redcar won the match because they got the track how they like it. When in reality Birmingham were only winning because the track was damn right dangerous as soon as it was made safe Redcar ran away with it & showed what a poor quality team Birmingham are . They have got away with it for so many weeks having a dangerous track & now they have been caught out. 

3 minutes ago, Col said:

The best indication I have of track conditions at Perry Barr, other than those visible to me (dust, soggy patches, ruts - none of those before I left) is the attitude of Thomas entering the turns.  It's consistent, he rides the track week-in, week-out, I see him every match.  What do you want me to do, get Tatum's dirt-o-metre out and and go check the track myself.

Surely the best indication is that that track work was carried out, I’m assuming with the referees approval. 

If it wasn’t necessary then it wouldn’t have been sanctioned.

1 minute ago, Yearbyred said:

Surely the best indication is that that track work was carried out, I’m assuming with the referees approval. 

Ref hardly going to say no! I get the feeling sometimes it is done to pacify the other team.

1 minute ago, Yearbyred said:

Your team won after threatening to refuse to ride,so what exactly is the problem?Something Brum need to fix not Redcar:blink: