British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Bears take 3 08/08

4 minutes ago, bluejam said:

In what way do I need to calm down?:unsure:Good to hear you have your track issues sorted:t:

Well, you were kinda swearing so I thought you were getting stressed a bit! ;)

Not sure what the issue is at Brum, sounds like it is too grippy? Poole completely relaid the top half of the track, but the issues might be completely different. 

28 minutes ago, Deano said:

So you are biased like me then.

hope you are proud.

Deano you clearly don't know what you're talking about so it's easier for you to just stop talking.

The track work had no influence from Redcar other than us wanting a safe track to ride. The only way to make it safe was to make it slick and dusty.

The main problem with Birmingham, and it was the same in our first visit, is the inconsistent surface. It is soft in places and like concrete elsewhere. This not only creates ruts but also throws riders around as the bike grips/spins with the changing surface.

Harris even admitted it was "fair enough" that Redcar complained. He also struggled with his practice laps to okay the surface, being thrown about on bends 1 & 2 particularly.

Redcar have nothing to be sorry for if Birmingham don't come to the tapes next season. It's purely down to an inadequate promotion who have consistently blamed everything/everyone but themselves.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well, you were kinda swearing so I thought you were getting stressed a bit! ;)

Not sure what the issue is at Brum, sounds like it is too grippy? Poole completely relaid the top half of the track, but the issues might be completely different. 

Blood pressure is ok so I'm told:t:Something that Barry the Cat mentioned that were no issues until this season.Led to believe as I mentioned earlier that Brum now have a very experienced track person in John Priest so don't know why ardent supporters are heading for the exits after 4 heats:neutral:

Actually reading Marshall07 post seems to make a lot of sense!

Edited by bluejam

1 hour ago, Deano said:

I think Redcar just killed any chance of Birmingham running next season.

Thanks be proud.

The Birmingdump promotion have done it to themselves this season. Shambolic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bluejam said:

Blood pressure is ok so I'm told:t:Something that Barry the Cat mentioned that were no issues until this season.Led to believe as I mentioned earlier that Brum now have a very experienced track person in John Priest so don't know why ardent supporters are heading for the exits after 4 heats:neutral:

I guess for the footie. If I paid to get in, no way I'm leaving after 4 heats, want my moneys worth, so to speak. 

55 minutes ago, Deano said:

Seemed okay from the terraces, normal close fast racing.

after ... dusty and drawn out.

loads walked out after heat four. 

Thanks Redcar. Be proud.

Blame the Birmingdump promotion or lack of it!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Deano said:

We’re you there tonight?

Redcar wanted it dusty, not damp and grippy.

So the Brummies can’t ride the track if it’s dusty? Seemed to do ok when they beat Leicester a few weeks ago when according to updates it was a complete dust bowl.

Same dust bowl conditions when you beat Redcar by 20 points in the KOC meeting which shouldn’t have been re-run anyway.

So by your theory the Bears wanted to get the track back to how it was when they lost by 20 points?

• Like 1

Because of the poor track preparation way back in June. The Perry Barr track ended Jordan  Stewarts season. We are now into September, and the Birmingham Promotion still haven't sorted out the track. I am still waiting for a reimbursement from that cancelled meeting. If Birmingham do survive for 2022. Hope that this joke of a Promotion. Are out of the equation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'd still like to know which riders weren't prepared to ride the track.  Sure it wasn't Wright, Kerr or MPT.  Surely a home team have the privilege of preparing their track to their liking?  Anyway that'll be my last live speedway for the season, next year it looks like every meeting I attend will be a 70+ mile round trip.  Thanks Redcar Diva's!

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I guess for the footie. If I paid to get in, no way I'm leaving after 4 heats, want my moneys worth, so to speak. 

Folk such as UK Martin wouldn't give a flying fig for the footie on TV and leave a speedway meeting after 4 heats tbh;) There are life long supporters walking away:(There are obviously serious problems which aren't being addressed:unsure:

Edited by bluejam
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

So the Brummies can’t ride the track if it’s dusty? Seemed to do ok when they beat Leicester a few weeks ago when according to updates it was a complete dust bowl.

It wasn't dusty at all last week.  Brummies had obviously set their bikes up for the track as it was prepared 16-8 when I left.  Teeside Diva's hadn't.

9 minutes ago, Col said:

It wasn't dusty at all last week.  Brummies had obviously set their bikes up for the track as it was prepared 16-8 when I left.  Teeside Diva's hadn't.

Obviously.

Redcar and their team of notoriously good gaters just love it dusty and clicked their fingers and the ref caved in to their demands. Bears are always pulling this trick, go behind and complain about the track. Works every time.

That’s what happens when you’re a Diva. Although leaving after 4 heats could be described as “diva” like behaviour too. 

It’s Teesside by the way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deano said:

I think Redcar just killed any chance of Birmingham running next season.

Thanks be proud.

Unfortunateley Rather that ,Than any rider been killed on that track which is only a matter of time with the poor track preparation ! Which has been going on for most of the season .Only Redcar Complain?.Look on the Liecester speedway website what Nick Morris thought of it,after they rode there.

Edited by bororedlion
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Although leaving after 4 heats could be described as “diva” like behaviour too. 

Funny man, you obviously haven't endured the M6 junction 10 after 21:00 recently.