British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Bears take 3 08/08

Lets sort this.

1.......... COL    We have 2 fixtures left , not 4, Newcastle Home 22nd and Glasgow Away 24th do not count as are past cut off date the 19th.

2 ......... I  believe Mr Wright started all this ,as he had a tire removed from his bike before the meeting by the machine examiner, and was not happy ?,told to me and my mate by someone that came out of pits, ( We stand on bend 2 by pits gate). Saw said tire being rolled out of pits.

3..........Mr Wright got biggest Boo,s from the crowd for waving at the home fans!,.........not on.

4 ......... Mr Sarjeant was seen by us with his fist up ready to clobber some poor soul,but he suddenly stopped,did not see if anybody put him off doing it !?.

5.......... Past >>   Nielsen ran in to the back of one of our riders to cause his accident.

6 ......... Past >>   Plain racing accident Stewert / Grobauer , 3rd bend.

THE MAIN POINT TONIGHT IS.   That as in the last home meetings a young lad with 777 on his back did 6 pre-meeting laps on a 250 ?, i spoke to him before he left and asked how was the track, he said  "no problem", ...............i have never rode a bike myself but i would have thought he would of had more problems  with a lower power engine,can somebody put me right please.....................................K   R   O

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

I guess for the footie. If I paid to get in, no way I'm leaving after 4 heats, want my moneys worth, so to speak. 

I was one of them that left after heat 4, well not straight after heat 4 as that would have been a strange thing to do. I left after the announcement of the track review, tonight is bin night and the prospect of wheeling out the recycling seemed more enticing then hanging around watching a tractor(s) for however long.

This is by far not the first time time I've walked out early indeed on the reopening night of Perry Barr in 2007 I lasted till about heat 8 before jacking it in. That night they spent ages faffing around trying to get the starting gate to work and the track was so perfectly prepared it was like a billiard table (Zzz)

I've walked out of Poole a couple of times the first being back in the days of the Poole Wildcats so its nothing new, and my first visit to the NSS (albeit for a colts meeting) last about 6 heats before I thought this is just boring and off I trotted.

Edited by Pirio Barre
typo

Damming quote on FB after tonight's match from soon to be retired & former Birmingham rider, Aaron Summers:-

"track is the worst I've ridden in the UK and I use to love Birmingham being 1 of my home tracks was like a billiard table then. Now you need a mx bike to ride it"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluenose said:

Lets sort this.

1.......... COL    We have 2 fixtures left , not 4, Newcastle Home 22nd and Glasgow Away 24th do not count as are past cut off date the 19th.

2 ......... I  believe Mr Wright started all this ,as he had a tire removed from his bike before the meeting by the machine examiner, and was not happy ?,told to me and my mate by someone that came out of pits, ( We stand on bend 2 by pits gate). Saw said tire being rolled out of pits.

3..........Mr Wright got biggest Boo,s from the crowd for waving at the home fans!,.........not on.

4 ......... Mr Sarjeant was seen by us with his fist up ready to clobber some poor soul,but he suddenly stopped,did not see if anybody put him off doing it !?.

5.......... Past >>   Nielsen ran in to the back of one of our riders to cause his accident.

THE MAIN POINT TONIGHT IS.   That as in the last home meetings a young lad with 777 on his back did 6 pre-meeting laps on a 250 ?, i spoke to him before he left and asked how was the track, he said  "no problem", ...............i have never rode a bike myself but i would have thought he would of had more problems  with a lower power engine,can somebody put me right please.....................................K   R   O

Wrights tyre stayed on his spare bike, so I'd maybe ignore your informant from now on

4 hours ago, cyclone said:

Damming quote on FB after tonight's match from soon to be retired & former Birmingham rider, Aaron Summers:-

"track is the worst I've ridden in the UK and I use to love Birmingham being 1 of my home tracks was like a billiard table then. Now you need a mx bike to ride it"

As I posted even a billiard table of a track doesn't stop something else happening to turn speedway (Zzz) It's just always gone on.

Also we can't forget that speedway is not a smooth velodrome it is ridden on different size tracks, different types of surfaces and in different weather. As a fan that's one of its great attractions and I would think as a rider too testing your abilities against other riders but also the track, every meeting and every race being a new challenge. And sometimes if you don't fancy it than so be it; you just have to back off and run a third or forth place and let the riders with the all-round skills and passion take the win.

I've been to Berwick (not Shielfield) on a lovely clear day only to find from out of nowhere a underground spring had appeared under the track near the fence on one the straights, meeting abandoned.

I've been to Berwick after heavy rainfall and a lot of the track had been moved up to the edges of the football pitch and if I remember correctly had even had white markings around it making the track only ¾ of its normal size on the straights and certainly not a billiard table but the meeting went successfully ahead.

I've seen a 65-0 at Peterborough and a cup final at Coventry in shocking condition when Poole wanted out but the ref said get on with it and Poole from wishing to go home and pack there kit away, really did get on with it and turned the meeting around and won.

Clearly I would never wish out and out dangerous track conditions on anyone, however the mind set of riders (management) really does come into play.

All of which doesn't help Joe Public standing there thinking I've seem them ride in worse than this.

Edited by Pirio Barre
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Deano you clearly don't know what you're talking about so it's easier for you to just stop talking..

Love too. Biting off the hand that feeds you is how I’d put tonight’s shinnanigans.

I’ve seen speedway in far far far worse conditions over the years. I guess we just have a different rider these days.

If that’s the case today’s speedway isn’t for me. If Birmingham fold that’s the last £20 any promoter or rider get from me.

• Like 1

Lost all respect for the Redcar management last night after they threw their toys out of the pram basically because they were getting outgated and beat early on. They appeared to have an agenda which goes back to the first meeting between the teams. Nothing to report on the track walk, didn't hear anything about the track from the first few heats and then the manager decided he wanted to speak to the referee. Even his own riders looked miffed. By this point, no rider had struggled with the track, nobody had fell off and Kerr had posted one of the fastest times of the year. 

So the referee had to come down because the team manager said his riders wouldn't ride. The manager insisted on the grading taking place. A stronger referee would have told them to crack on but once she agreed to walk the track they were always going to get what they wanted. It's these sort of childish shenanigans that's killing speedway and it was sad to see. 

The way Birmingham started, it was set up to be a really good meeting, Kerr was superb and showed everyone how to ride a track. The delay did enhance the crowd participation and produced a great atmosphere, something that a lot of meetings sadly lack. 

If the meeting had just carried on, it had the potential to be a classic but Redcars management had other ideas. Can only think it's a bit of payback from previously. I'm not bothered about the result too much but the way we got there, I do have an issue with. Yes Birmingham have had problems with the track this year but last night wasn't really one of them but Redcar made it a problem. 

Redcar are a good side with some excellent fans but the management side are quite frankly pathetic. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Col said:

Funny man, you obviously haven't endured the M6 junction 10 after 21:00 recently.

Well you started it ;).

I’ve heard all about how difficult it is getting in an out of the stadium due to roadworks, Commonwealth games works etc after listening to the Radio WM commentary a number of times this season. Must have put a lot of casual fans off from attending.

7 hours ago, Bluenose said:

Lets sort this.

I saw a guy with 666 on his head I think it was down to him .

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Well you started it ;).

I’ve heard all about how difficult it is getting in an out of the stadium due to roadworks, Commonwealth games works etc after listening to the Radio WM commentary a number of times this season. Must have put a lot of casual fans off from attending.

The A34 is stop & start due to traffic lights, regardless of roadworks, that isn't really the issue especially that late.  If the M6/M54 are clear I can get home in 20 minutes from Perry Barr, the roadworks at M6 junction 10 are the issue, it's taken me nearly 2 hours to get home recently.  I'll deal with it if the meeting ends at 21:15 as normal but any later and the build up of traffic crawling towards junction 10 is far worse, it's been a crawl from just after the M5 junction a couple of times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Lost all respect for the Redcar management last night after they threw their toys out of the pram basically because they were getting outgated and beat early on. They appeared to have an agenda which goes back to the first meeting between the teams. Nothing to report on the track walk, didn't hear anything about the track from the first few heats and then the manager decided he wanted to speak to the referee. Even his own riders looked miffed. By this point, no rider had struggled with the track, nobody had fell off and Kerr had posted one of the fastest times of the year. 

So the referee had to come down because the team manager said his riders wouldn't ride. The manager insisted on the grading taking place. A stronger referee would have told them to crack on but once she agreed to walk the track they were always going to get what they wanted. It's these sort of childish shenanigans that's killing speedway and it was sad to see. 

The way Birmingham started, it was set up to be a really good meeting, Kerr was superb and showed everyone how to ride a track. The delay did enhance the crowd participation and produced a great atmosphere, something that a lot of meetings sadly lack. 

If the meeting had just carried on, it had the potential to be a classic but Redcars management had other ideas. Can only think it's a bit of payback from previously. I'm not bothered about the result too much but the way we got there, I do have an issue with. Yes Birmingham have had problems with the track this year but last night wasn't really one of them but Redcar made it a problem. 

Redcar are a good side with some excellent fans but the management side are quite frankly pathetic. 

Tofty has openly admitted he refused to ride the dangerous track after his first race. "Even his own riders looked miffed" is clearly a wrong observation.

The big difference here is the Redcar management are prepared to back their riders to the hilt. Birmingham riders are just threatened with the sack if they refuse to ride.

Edited by Marshall07
  • Like 1

Redcar riders 'especially' Charles Wright are a bunch of whinging whimps! They need to man up!

Wright is a posing pu##y! He was the top-hat that caused the delay in the opening meeting.....'grow a pair'!

Wright only complained because he was beaten by a B'ham reserve in Heat 1!

This was planned imo....especially after the KOC match....probably cost us our status!

How can the track be bad, if Kerr clocks one of the fastest time of the season? (Redcar manager forgot to tell him to slow down).

I certainly hope Redcar dont win the League.....c'mon 'POOLE'!

• Like 1

I'm not convinced Wright was the rider to complain, he was already on the back straight ready for heat 5 (along with Shanes & Morris) when the Dave Rowe asked the clerk of the course to speak to the referee over the PA (which I could hear as the tractor wasn't going around).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

The A34 is stop & start due to traffic lights, regardless of roadworks, that isn't really the issue especially that late.  If the M6/M54 are clear I can get home in 20 minutes from Perry Barr, the roadworks at M6 junction 10 are the issue, it's taken me nearly 2 hours to get home recently.  I'll deal with it if the meeting ends at 21:15 as normal but any later and the build up of traffic crawling towards junction 10 is far worse, it's been a crawl from just after the M5 junction a couple of times.

While the traffic issues continue on the M6 J10 why don't you find an alternative route? You can easily avoid the motorway by using the A34 to the Scott Arms Junction , take the A4041 to West Brom & then join the A41 to Wolverhampton, this will take you to the M54 if you need to go that far.:t:

6 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Redcar riders 'especially' Charles Wright are a bunch of whinging whimps! They need to man up!

Wright is a posing pu##y! He was the top-hat that caused the delay in the opening meeting.....'grow a pair'!

Wright only complained because he was beaten by a B'ham reserve in Heat 1!

This was planned imo....especially after the KOC match....probably cost us our status!

How can the track be bad, if Kerr clocks one of the fastest time of the season? (Redcar manager forgot to tell him to slow down).

I certainly hope Redcar dont win the League.....c'mon 'POOLE'!

So then, Aaron Summers, Ricky Wells, Nick Morris, Palm Toft...are these riders all pussies too?!

When will Birmingham see that it is THEIR doing?!

Its not much to ask from riders that a track is prepared safely for them to ride. Dust would have been acceptable on a hot day like yesterday. A patchy rutty track, soaked in places and dry in others is never acceptable.

For me, if Harris says "it's fair enough" that Redcar challenged the track conditions then that says a lot about how bad they were as he'll ride anything!

• Like 3