British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Bears take 3 08/08

7 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

While the traffic issues continue on the M6 J10 why don't you find an alternative route? You can easily avoid the motorway by using the A34 to the Scott Arms Junction , take the A4041 to West Brom & then join the A41 to Wolverhampton, this will take you to the M54 if you need to go that far.:t:

I haven't tried that route, I have got on the M6, got on the M5, got off next junction and Black Country Routed from West Brom it to Willenhall (which is not great but bearable) after that it gets awful!  I don't know Walsall at all, but Sat Nav has tried taking me further along the A34, which is possibly a better option I just don't know the route.

39 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Tofty has openly admitted he refused to ride the dangerous track after his first race. "Even his own riders looked miffed" is clearly a wrong observation.

The big difference here is the Redcar management are prepared to back their riders to the hilt. Birmingham riders are just threatened with the sack if they refuse to ride.

No Birmingham rider has ever been threatened with the sack under any circumstances. MPT only moaned about the track after the manager decided he was going to complain because things wasn't going his way. 

5 minutes ago, Col said:

I haven't tried that route, I have got on the M6, got on the M5, got off next junction and Black Country Routed from West Brom it to Willenhall (which is not great but bearable) after that it gets awful!  I don't know Walsall at all, but Sat Nav has tried taking me further along the A34, which is possibly a better option I just don't know the route.

You shouldn't need to go through Willenhall. Once on the A41 go through Wednesbury & Bilston , that will take past Monmore Green & I bet you will know your way home from there.:D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Dog said:

No Birmingham rider has ever been threatened with the sack under any circumstances. MPT only moaned about the track after the manager decided he was going to complain because things wasn't going his way. 

You must know best then, crack on!

• Haha 1

I don't know her name but she also had a trainee ref who accompanied her during her track inspection so she must be experienced enough to train future refs

4 minutes ago, Argos said:

Just out of interest who was the ref last night 

It was Barbara Horley according to the programme. With a trainee that wasn't named.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Lost all respect for the Redcar management last night after they threw their toys out of the pram basically because they were getting outgated and beat early on. They appeared to have an agenda which goes back to the first meeting between the teams. Nothing to report on the track walk, didn't hear anything about the track from the first few heats and then the manager decided he wanted to speak to the referee. Even his own riders looked miffed. By this point, no rider had struggled with the track, nobody had fell off and Kerr had posted one of the fastest times of the year. 

So the referee had to come down because the team manager said his riders wouldn't ride. The manager insisted on the grading taking place. A stronger referee would have told them to crack on but once she agreed to walk the track they were always going to get what they wanted. It's these sort of childish shenanigans that's killing speedway and it was sad to see. 

The way Birmingham started, it was set up to be a really good meeting, Kerr was superb and showed everyone how to ride a track. The delay did enhance the crowd participation and produced a great atmosphere, something that a lot of meetings sadly lack. 

If the meeting had just carried on, it had the potential to be a classic but Redcars management had other ideas. Can only think it's a bit of payback from previously. I'm not bothered about the result too much but the way we got there, I do have an issue with. Yes Birmingham have had problems with the track this year but last night wasn't really one of them but Redcar made it a problem. 

Redcar are a good side with some excellent fans but the management side are quite frankly pathetic. 

Bad loser. Brum are going bust so who has the pathetic management 

17 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

You must know best then, crack on!

We will. Enjoy your hollow victory, well earned. 

14 minutes ago, Toto said:

Bad loser. Brum are going bust so who has the pathetic management 

Interesting. Let’s hope a Just Giving page doesn’t appear with Redcars name on it at some point. With no local derby where’s your cash cow coming from

ive said it before, anyone who supports last night Shenanigans really needs a hard look at how not to bite the hand that feeds them.

Edited by Deano

3 minutes ago, The Dog said:

We will. Enjoy your hollow victory, well earned. 

I'll enjoy it along with the other 15 points on the road this season...all the way to the play offs!

Just now, Deano said:

Interesting. Let’s hope a Just Giving page doesn’t appear with Redcars name on it at some point. With no local derby where’s your cash cow coming from.

Newcastle haven't brought fans to a local derby at Redcar for years. The extra 300 we've put on our average attendance this year will be what keeps us going, don't worry!

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

Newcastle haven't brought fans to a local derby at Redcar for years. The extra 300 we've put on our average attendance this year will be what keeps us going, don't worry!

Your reply is what's wrong with British speedway. It's all about self interest. So what if Eastbourne, Birmingham and Newcastle close, as long as Redcar are all right. In the end you won't have hardly any opponents left to race against. The sport is in a perilous position, all clubs and fans need to stick together and put their petty rivalries aside.

6 minutes ago, Deano said:

Interesting. Let’s hope a Just Giving page doesn’t appear with Redcars name on it at some point. With no local derby where’s your cash cow coming from

ive said it before, anyone who supports last night Shenanigans really needs a hard look at how not to bite the hand that feeds them.

No need our crowds are way up unlike Brum .As I said who has the bad mangerment ? Brum have to beg people to come and watch them on a track that is now like a moto cross circuit.

5 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Your reply is what's wrong with British speedway. It's all about self interest. So what if Eastbourne, Birmingham and Newcastle close, as long as Redcar are all right. In the end you won't have hardly any opponents left to race against. The sport is in a perilous position, all clubs and fans need to stick together and put their petty rivalries aside.

Correct.The point is when you a run  speedway club as bad as Brum has been I dont think you should be  calling out Redcar as having bad mangerment when they are  bucking  the trend when it comes to crowds.just plan stupid.

Edited by Toto
  • Like 2