British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Bears take 3 08/08

2 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Your reply is what's wrong with British speedway. It's all about self interest. So what if Eastbourne, Birmingham and Newcastle close, as long as Redcar are all right. In the end you won't have hardly any opponents left to race against. The sport is in a perilous position, all clubs and fans need to stick together and put their petty rivalries aside.

Then you've read my reply wrong. I was responding to us needing a GoFundMe because of the loss of Newcastle. It is very hard to find sympathy for tracks that don't seem to operate properly though. We quickly learned at Redcar that the track prep was paramount. And with that we have upped crowds massively and shown some positivity in speedway amongst the doom and gloom.

I'd like to think struggling teams might actually access what teams like Redcar are doing right which in turn would potentially boost their own crowds

4 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Then you've read my reply wrong. I was responding to us needing a GoFundMe because of the loss of Newcastle. It is very hard to find sympathy for tracks that don't seem to operate properly though. We quickly learned at Redcar that the track prep was paramount. And with that we have upped crowds massively and shown some positivity in speedway amongst the doom and gloom.

I'd like to think struggling teams might actually access what teams like Redcar are doing right which in turn would potentially boost their own crowds

As I've said before. The track is the most important part of a promoters business. Get that right and you've got a chance.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Toto said:

No need our crowds are way up unlike Brum .As I said who has the bad mangerment ? Brum have to beg people to come and watch them on a track that is now like a moto cross circuit.

Fair comment, but it’s a very short term view. Redcar have come close to folding under previous promotion/s.

I’ve been around this sport for a good 40 years and seen speedway on many different circuits. Many far worse than last night, many where riders can’t turn or even slide too well. But they’ve got on with it.

• Like 2

Just now, Deano said:

Fair comment, but it’s a very short term view. Redcar have come close to folding under previous promotion/s.

I’ve been around this sport for a good 40 years and seen speedway on many different circuits. Many far worse than last night, many where riders can’t turn or even slide too well. But they’ve got on with it.

Does that make it right? Is that how the sport should move forward? Or should tracks be prepared to a standard so both teams can race safely and entertain a nationally dwindling crowd?

• Like 1

Birmingham have been a farce this season on the whole but going off some Redcar fans comments anyone would think they have had the perfect club for years on end, have they forgotten they were the laughing stock of the middle tier under Havelock????

3 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

To be fair, Redcar's track shape is one that can deliver first class racing..

Maybe those teams with tracks that dont lend themselves to great racing (no matter how well prepared), would be better off riding at a lower level?

Meaning a few more 'thrills and spills' as less talented riders take to the track...

And of course much cheaper too..

2 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Birmingham have been a farce this season on the whole but going off some Redcar fans comments anyone would think they have had the perfect club for years on end, have they forgotten they were the laughing stock of the middle tier under Havelock????

We certainly haven't forgotten. What we have done though is addressed the issues brought to us and not blamed every other club.

We aren't the only team to complain about Birmingham's track this season. Last night sparked many riders to speak out about it.

Even Poole have received criticism for their track this year, took it on board and relayed the track that same week

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

To be fair, Redcar's track shape is one that can deliver first class racing..

Maybe those teams with tracks that dont lend themselves to great racing (no matter how well prepared), would be better off riding at a lower level?

Meaning a few more 'thrills and spills' as less talented riders take to the track...

And of course much cheaper too..

Birmingham has been a great race track in the past and can be again! Even the current track curator had it right back in 18.

15 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

As I've said before. The track is the most important part of a promoters business. Get that right and you've got a chance.

Like Poole who has the biggest crowds you mean .

10 minutes ago, Toto said:

Like Poole who has the biggest crowds you mean .

The track has been poor at Poole for years. If the locals are prepared to put up with that, it's their choice. I've seen at least one meeting a season at Wimborne road since 1978. To be fair, when i saw Kent there in June, the track was ok.

13 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

The track has been poor at Poole for years. If the locals are prepared to put up with that, it's their choice. I've seen at least one meeting a season at Wimborne road since 1978. To be fair, when i saw Kent there in June, the track was ok.

I think the track at Poole has been awesome for years. Just look at the old stuff and you’ll realise that no one had a smooth track and yet nowadays everyone wants something like a supermarket car park. You have to ride hard and fast to score well at Poole. You only have to ride fast at the NSS. I know which one I prefer

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

Thats why i thought eastbourne would always survive 

Could anyone enlighten me, and it's a genuine question, why fans seem to be very concerned about riders safety when it comes to the new tyres but not when it comes to a track being safe?

Ashley Morris had issues with a tyre last night and vented his anger over social media. I'm struggling to find the "it's the same for all 14 riders" or "just get on with it you diva" comments.

When other riders also take to social media to back up their frustrations the fans seem to back them?!

They seem very similar situations to me yet are treated totally differently by those watching?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deano said:

Do you not think that is the reason why the fans have disappeared,nobody wants to watch that nowadays.Better things to do with their cash.

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

We certainly haven't forgotten. What we have done though is addressed the issues brought to us and not blamed every other club.

We aren't the only team to complain about Birmingham's track this season. Last night sparked many riders to speak out about it.

Even Poole have received criticism for their track this year, took it on board and relayed the track that same week

Fair comment. Blaming Redcar if Brum close next season is ridiculous on their part.

The current promotion and management there this year have been dreadful in all honesty. 

• Like 2