British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Bears take 3 08/08

Now having had some sleep I feel I can reflect on last night with clear and rational reasoning.

All I know is that as a spectator I watched the first heat being won be a reserve in a very reasonable time and I never expected that 10 minutes later the meeting would grind to a halt.

So with that in mind I can only concluded that last night summed up the problems we as a society are all facing, in as much that the mainstream media are constantly pushing a left-wing Marxist agenda and turning the millennial generation into a group that believe everything should be “just so” and how they “want it to be”, and if it isn't they will “scream and scream and scream”

I'm of a generation who believes in “just get on with it” and enough with the jibba-jabba.

You may consider that to be old fashioned thinking, however can I remind you that the first thing I did on getting home (early) last night was to put out the recycling a very progressive action. We all have to think of the children and the children's children and the Blue whales, what happens when the whales stop singing; what then?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Do you not think that is the reason why the fans have disappeared,nobody wants to watch that nowadays.Better things to do with their cash.

If course and riders “on strike” is sending a good message.

im done with this now fortunately like many before me I can choose where my cash goes. If the Brummies fold I’ll just be another one lost.

7 minutes ago, Pirio Barre said:

Now having had some sleep I feel I can reflect on last night with clear and rational reasoning.

All I know is that as a spectator I watched the first heat being won be a reserve in a very reasonable time and I never expected that 10 minutes later the meeting would grind to a halt.

So with that in mind I can only concluded that last night summed up the problems we as a society are all facing, in as much that the mainstream media are constantly pushing a left-wing Marxist agenda and turning the millennial generation into a group that believe everything should be “just so” and how they “want it to be”, and if it isn't they will “scream and scream and scream”

I'm of a generation who believes in “just get on with it” and enough with the jibba-jabba.

You may consider that to be old fashioned thinking, however can I remind you that the first thing I did on getting home (early) last night was to put out the recycling a very progressive action. We all have to think of the children and the children's children and the Blue whales, what happens when the whales stop singing; what then?

Tofty even had his "Vote Corbyn" t-shirt on under his race suit

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Pirio Barre said:

You could be onto something. I’ve noticed Speedway riders turning left for years.

I’m sick of the mainstream media advocating slick tracks too. #defundtheBSPA

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

I think the track at Poole has been awesome for years. Just look at the old stuff and you’ll realise that no one had a smooth track and yet nowadays everyone wants something like a supermarket car park. You have to ride hard and fast to score well at Poole. You only have to ride fast at the NSS. I know which one I prefer

If you are saying you'd prefer to watch speedway at Poole over Belle Vue I'd suggest you are very much in the minority.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

You could be onto something. I’ve noticed Speedway riders turning left for years.

I’m sick of the mainstream media advocating slick tracks too. #defundtheBSPA

It's being debated in parliament today. I'm just hoping the deeper tracks brigade win the day!

Dont know why folks are wittering on about the track ? It was perfectly raceable no different to last week  or the week before, the real  issue was the win at all cost attitude of the Bears manager who no doubt will be finacially advantaged as they are confirmed for the play offs. Both Kerr and Wright were on track ready to go for ht5 until their manager pulled the plug, I do not believe the Bears riders refused to ride  (Why were they on track ready to go) I do not blame the Bears riders who were just doing as told by their manager.  Bears were losing and looked unlikly to win, in desperation their manager complained about the track. and got it graded to suit his riders. Does anyone really think they would have complained had they been in the lead.  The action of the Bears management showed a total disregard for the paying public and inflicted  for the 2nd time enormous damage on B'ham speedway but far worse they did huge damage to the image of British speedway  and should be brought before a tribunal and charged with bringing British Speedway into disrepute, fined and points deducted.                                   

I should like to point out that riders are free to choose what risks they are prepared to take or otherwise, the answer is in their right hand (no jokes please) its called a Throttle and as Eric Boocock once said it works in both directions

Also, riders are always complaining about track conditions,  when dont they??? especially after a poor performance.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Historian said:

The action of the Bears management showed a total disregard for the paying public and inflicted  for the 2nd time enormous damage on B'ham speedway but far worse they did huge damage to the image of British speedway  and should be brought before a tribunal and charged with bringing British Speedway into disrepute, fined and points deducted.                                   

Yes it’s Redcar who are damaging the image of British Speedway. Utter tosh (apparently I can’t say bollocks)

If Birmingham are so convinced they have been wronged they would be putting in a formal protest rather than saying on their website “It just wasn’t going our way, but we’ve got to forget today now, start again and go to Edinburgh and get a win in the KO Cup”

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Yes it’s Redcar who are damaging the image of British Speedway. Utter tosh (apparently I can’t say bollocks)

If Birmingham are so convinced they have been wronged they would be putting in a formal protest rather than saying on their website “It just wasn’t going our way, but we’ve got to forget today now, start again and go to Edinburgh and get a win in the KO Cup”

You are  entitled to your opinion but you are not entitled to be rude, No you cant say bol******s but at least you spelt it right

I said they damaged  speedways image in this instance not in general

I dont speak for B'ham Speedway

Edited by Historian

The problem nowadays of course is that it simply isnt worthwhile taking any undue risks as a rider as they will lose out on lots or rides for their two teams over here and, for some, the team they ride for in their own country and possibly Poland..

One injury equates to up to four teams impacted...

One bad race over here in either division where three or four heat leaders riders get injured and both leagues would struggle to fill their positions..

Laurence Rogers sums it it up for me,he says there was little wrong with the track,a few bumps and bits but nothing the experienced riders should find troublesome.REALLY ,tell that to Stewart,Neilsen and Grobulaur and the fans standing around while the are carted off to hospital.No wonder the sport if failing in Birmingham.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Laurence Rogers sums it it up for me,he says there was little wrong with the track,a few bumps and bits but nothing the experienced riders should find troublesome.REALLY ,tell that to Stewart,Neilsen and Grobulaur and the fans standing around while the are carted off to hospital.No wonder the sport if failing in Birmingham.

Amazed that Laurence Rogers still gets a gig in speedway. How many clubs has he been involved with now? And how many have been successful?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Historian said:

Dont know why folks are wittering on about the track ? It was perfectly raceable no different to last week  or the week before, the real  issue was the win at all cost attitude of the Bears manager who no doubt will be finacially advantaged as they are confirmed for the play offs. Both Kerr and Wright were on track ready to go for ht5 until their manager pulled the plug, I do not believe the Bears riders refused to ride  (Why were they on track ready to go) I do not blame the Bears riders who were just doing as told by their manager.  Bears were losing and looked unlikly to win, in desperation their manager complained about the track. and got it graded to suit his riders. Does anyone really think they would have complained had they been in the lead.  The action of the Bears management showed a total disregard for the paying public and inflicted  for the 2nd time enormous damage on B'ham speedway but far worse they did huge damage to the image of British speedway  and should be brought before a tribunal and charged with bringing British Speedway into disrepute, fined and points deducted.                                   

I should like to point out that riders are free to choose what risks they are prepared to take or otherwise, the answer is in their right hand (no jokes please) its called a Throttle and as Eric Boocock once said it works in both directions

Also, riders are always complaining about track conditions,  when dont they??? especially after a poor performance.

Whatever you think you believe, maybe have a read of this posted by MPT earlier this morning.

"It should have been 3rd time lucky was far from it. 3 times we have been to Birmingham and seen how track surface is far from race able. All the crap about tactics from bears side is absolutely not true! I came in after my first ride and said i refuse to ride on a dangerous track like that! They then bladed the track and yes it did make it a little bit better but far from race able. This should not keep going on at any track. Its unacceptable! We turn up with immaculate bikes and are expected to present ourselves professionally to then turn up to a track thats far from ideal. And then have an ex rider as a promoter saying we should just get on with it and hes rode worse. Its the sport there is suffering from bad promoting and publicity and an absolute farse of a track is definitely not helping or encouraging people to come and watch! A real shame as it can be an absolute great track with plenty of passing when prepared properly!"

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Redcar just lucky they didn’t get their match cancelled at a few days notice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Redcar just lucky they didn’t get their match cancelled at a few days notice.

They did. As the Brummies did not want to be up against the Euros.

• Like 1