British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Bears take 3 08/08

8 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Whatever you think you believe, maybe have a read of this posted by MPT earlier this morning.

"It should have been 3rd time lucky was far from it. 3 times we have been to Birmingham and seen how track surface is far from race able. All the crap about tactics from bears side is absolutely not true! I came in after my first ride and said i refuse to ride on a dangerous track like that! They then bladed the track and yes it did make it a little bit better but far from race able. This should not keep going on at any track. Its unacceptable! We turn up with immaculate bikes and are expected to present ourselves professionally to then turn up to a track thats far from ideal. And then have an ex rider as a promoter saying we should just get on with it and hes rode worse. Its the sport there is suffering from bad promoting and publicity and an absolute farse of a track is definitely not helping or encouraging people to come and watch! A real shame as it can be an absolute great track with plenty of passing when prepared properly!"

Not a very good ex rider at that!

19 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

If you are saying you'd prefer to watch speedway at Poole over Belle Vue I'd suggest you are very much in the minority.

On the basis of who attracts the better crowds, I think Poole win that hands down. 
TBH, I find the speed at the NSS exhilarating, the racing less so. Last Monday’s meeting was a good case in point, in my view. 

10 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Not a very good ex rider at that!

If u know when driving that their is a bump in the road do u drive round it? Does that not apply to speedway tracks??the throttle works both ways !

59 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

On the basis of who attracts the better crowds, I think Poole win that hands down. 
TBH, I find the speed at the NSS exhilarating, the racing less so. Last Monday’s meeting was a good case in point, in my view. 

Poole and Manchester are very different areas and demographics so difficult to compare really. Each to their own and I respect your views, but for me the NSS is second to none as a race track with P'boro, Scunny and Redcar next in line. All great shaped tracks with multiple racing lines and most importantly smooth surfaces which riders trust and can race on with confidence. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Poole and Manchester are very different areas and demographics so difficult to compare really. Each to their own and I respect your views, but for me the NSS is second to none as a race track with P'boro, Scunny and Redcar next in line. All great shaped tracks with multiple racing lines and most importantly smooth surfaces which riders trust and can race on with confidence. 

You obviously haven't been to Glasgow recently then

38 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

If u know when driving that their is a bump in the road do u drive round it? Does that not apply to speedway tracks??the throttle works both ways !

Throttle on a speedway bike works very differently to that of a car!! Shut off to avoid a hole and you're going straight towards the fence.

It's only ever people that have never ridden a modern day speedway bike that use that line.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cookiefan said:

You obviously haven't been to Glasgow recently then

I haven't been since Lynn were PL but by all accounts and by what I've seen on YouTube it's a fantastic track too nowadays so probably could have added them to the list too in fairness.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Yes, if there is a bump you can avoid it and the track is RIDEABLE  not RACEABLE.  The guys would like to try and entertain and race their bikes, not just stay alive

2 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I haven't been since Lynn were PL but by all accounts and by what I've seen on YouTube it's a fantastic track too nowadays so probably could have added them to the list too in fairness.

Since sorted the dip on the 3rd bend out it's such a better racetrack. The fim qualifier probably one of the best meetings I've ever seen. Tbh it's not dissimilar to the NSS now in that it's pretty much flat out with wide corners and banking

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Throttle on a speedway bike works very differently to that of a car!! Shut off to avoid a hole and you're going straight towards the fence.

It's only ever people that have never ridden a modern day speedway bike that use that line.

Plus there are 3 other riders all trying to avoid the bump!!

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Since sorted the dip on the 3rd bend out it's such a better racetrack. The fim qualifier probably one of the best meetings I've ever seen. Tbh it's not dissimilar to the NSS now in that it's pretty much flat out with wide corners and banking

It looks twice as wide as it was when I was last there too! Which would have been 2009.

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

It looks twice as wide as it was when I was last there too! Which would have been 2009.

Yeah back then were renting off the football club so track dimensions couldn't really be altered. Now our owners own the stadium they reduced the football pitch to widen the track

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

I'd report it to whoever was responsible for the surface and ask them to fix it. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just one last point about riders refusing to race if they're not happy with the track ? riders these days seem very fickle to me...

Kenny Carter never complained....just got on with it....even won a British Final on a rain soaked track at Brandon...'with a broken leg'....lifted on and off his bike before/after each race!!!

Just makes me laugh when I think of Redcar the other night.....

Edited by GiveusaB

6 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Just one last point about riders refusing to race if they're not happy with the track ? riders these days seem very fickle to me...

Kenny Carter never complained....just got on with it....even won a British Final on a rain soaked track at Brandon...'with a broken leg'....lifted on and off his bike before/after each race!!!

Just makes me laugh when I think of Redcar the other night.....

Yeh what was Jordan Stewart thinking...he should have strapped that spinal stretcher board he was laid on onto his bike and just got on with racing...tish fickle or what?...:rolleyes:

Edited by Bear_Bottom
  • Like 2