British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

10.09 - Scunny v Poole

50 minutes ago, eric i said:

Is Andersen the best choice of guest? I was wrong about Mountain but I think it would be safer option to go with Busk Jacobsen, who always scores at the EWR. If Scunny do make the playoffs I guess we won't see Aarnio, seen as his Visa issues have been known about for ages.

Aarnio only just having problems, not ages ago, unless you know more?

Is NBJ still injured?

12 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Aarnio only just having problems, not ages ago, unless you know more?

Is NBJ still injured?

Godfrey said last Friday at the meeting the problem occurred when the season started however he had 3 months to get it sorted and 3 months is up and they’ve declined his visa on the grounds he didn’t work here last year however since then the rules have changed meaning he will be accepted so just waiting on it being accepted 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Busk Jakobsen isn't riding at the moment. Think Pearson said on Eurosport at BV the other night he had a few personal issues.

That's unfortunately the case.     

Berwick have pulled a rabbit out the hat this Saturday by "signing up" Jason Crump as a guest #1 in his spot against Glasgow.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

4 meetings on Friday, so will have to be a guest from Berwick, Newcastle or Kent. 

And you won't be at any of them glug glug

31 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

You won't be either glug glug 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

You won't be either glug glug 

And how do you know this 45kin?

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Which is a shame as the Scunthorpe track sounds alright by the 'wide open spaces..' It would need to be a 2 hour drive for me to get there in time.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Ah yes Danny King and Steve Worrall 16 and 14 points respectively!!:t:

awkward track prep then. Less dirt for Steve & more dirt for Danny is how they like it.

Really think after Kings lynn announcement tonight that it’s going to be two leagues again then the championship needs a tweak . The last month there has been 4 home teams riding on a Friday ,which is leaving teams with injuries or riders missing due to other reasons a massive shortage of guest riders. Something has to change  ie 

1- limit the amount of teams that can ride on a set race night 

2- allow riders from the top league to have a conversion average so they can cover absent riders in the lower league

There will be more options I’m Sure that we will need to explore

8 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Really think after Kings lynn announcement tonight that it’s going to be two leagues again then the championship needs a tweak . The last month there has been 4 home teams riding on a Friday ,which is leaving teams with injuries or riders missing due to other reasons a massive shortage of guest riders. Something has to change  ie 

1- limit the amount of teams that can ride on a set race night 

2- allow riders from the top league to have a conversion average so they can cover absent riders in the lower league

There will be more options I’m Sure that we will need to explore

Number 2. Already exists. See Hans for Poole at the very beginning of the year