British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

10.09 - Scunny v Poole

On 9/9/2021 at 2:56 PM, eric i said:

Is Andersen the best choice of guest? I was wrong about Mountain but I think it would be safer option to go with Busk Jacobsen, who always scores at the EWR. If Scunny do make the playoffs I guess we won't see Aarnio, seen as his Visa issues have been known about for ages.

4. Kasper Andersen (G) - 3, 2, 2, 3 = 10    

:rofl:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

With the two Ben's first time there, was gonna be tough.

Damn it missed that one.

You mean you missed an actual legitimate reason! I can believe it :D

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

You mean you missed an actual legitimate reason! I can believe it :D

You can tell we lost, trackprat is all over the forum 

• Like 1

Just now, Arthur54 said:

You can tell we lost, trackprat is all over the forum 

Ha, yeah. Quicker than Ussain Bolt on here when we lose! Lol. Scunthorpe were just the much better team tonight. Need to beat Redcar on 22nd now to make sure we stay top 2. 

4 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Playoff semi finals here we come glug glug :party:

Hello 4 5kin. Trouble is you have to ride away from that dump in Poole to win the play offs, not looking good is it glug glug.

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Ha, yeah. Quicker than Ussain Bolt on here when we lose! Lol. Scunthorpe were just the much better team tonight. Need to beat Redcar on 22nd now to make sure we stay top 2. 

If Glasgow lose at Berwick tomorrow we definitely finish top 2 

Just now, Trackrat said:

Hello 4 5kin. Trouble is you have to ride away from that dump in Poole to win the play offs, not looking good is it glug glug.

Okay TP. Go through the fixture list and see who we haven't beaten over 2 legs. I'd say it's looking okay. Glasgow and Leicester main threats imo. 

2 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

You obviously have seen our playoff record :t:

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

If Glasgow lose at Berwick tomorrow we definitely finish top 2 

I'd expect Glasgow to win but I have learnt this season not to underestimate Berwick!

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Okay TP. Go through the fixture list and see who we haven't beaten over 2 legs. I'd say it's looking okay. Glasgow and Leicester main threats imo. 

No, not that sad, cheers, glug glug.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Havvy is to team managing what colonel gadaffi  was to peace and tranquility.

Excuse me?

Just now, Trackrat said:

No, not that sad, cheers, glug glug.

Haha. Yeah, because you know we have beaten most teams over two legs. Doesn't mean  we will in the playoffs, but will give the riders confidence. 

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Haha. Yeah, because you know we have beaten most teams over two legs. Doesn't mean  we will in the playoffs, but will give the riders confidence. 

Most irrelevant comment ever.

What a win for the Scorpions Poole tried all they could before the meeting complaining about the track but fair play to the ref he was having non of it! Cracking performance from all of the scorpions play offs here we come ! 

Well what a shame to travel so far for what was the worst meeting of the season. 14 heats and not one pass. I witnessed the Brum meeting a couple of weeks ago but this surpass that.  I will say Rob Peasley said there was one pass on the third bend of lap one but I dont recall it  

A river running over the first bend on our arrival showed what the track was like and it was a snooze fest of gate and go. Riders who missed the gate were plastered in dirt had no vision and tailed off. 

Scunthorpe were quicker out the tapes and it was over on the second bend. When a Poole rider tried to make a pass like Basso, the Scunthorpe rider fell off. I had heard this track was meant to be good but sorry to say I was completely unimpressed. Awful stuff. 

The Ref was useless. Allowed Ellis and Jorgensen massive rollers unpunished.  Havvy was useless. Decided to do a t/r in heat ten against Ellis when heat nine he left Gilkes in for what would have been an easier race. Got lucky when Ellis fell when well clear. 

Basso, Cook and Hume struggled badly in the treacherous conditions. 

Congrats to Scunthorpe though. They had their bikes setup to gate and go and thats what they did.