British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

10.09 - Scunny v Poole

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well what a shame to travel so far for what was the worst meeting of the season. 14 heats and not one pass. I witnessed the Brum meeting a couple of weeks ago but this surpass that.  I will say Rob Peasley said there was one pass on the third bend of lap one but I dont recall it  

A river running over the first bend on our arrival showed what the track was like and it was a snooze fest of gate and go. Riders who missed the gate were plastered in dirt had no vision and tailed off. 

Scunthorpe were quicker out the tapes and it was over on the second bend. When a Poole rider tried to make a pass like Basso, the Scunthorpe rider fell off. I had heard this track was meant to be good but sorry to say I was completely unimpressed. Awful stuff. 

The Ref was useless. Allowed Ellis and Jorgensen massive rollers unpunished.  Havvy was useless. Decided to do a t/r in heat ten against Ellis when heat nine he left Gilkes in for what would have been an easier race. Got lucky when Ellis fell when well clear. 

Basso, Cook and Hume struggled badly in the treacherous conditions. 

Congrats to Scunthorpe though. They had their bikes setup to gate and go and thats what they did. 

Always awful when you get smashed ginge, glug glug. 

8 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Most irrelevant comment ever.

Not really. I just disproved your point. But if you mean your original point was irrelevant, then yes I agree.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

What a win for the Scorpions Poole tried all they could before the meeting complaining about the track but fair play to the ref he was having non of it! Cracking performance from all of the scorpions play offs here we come ! 

The track was very bad but I had no idea Pirates wanted it off. Completely understandable though as it could have caused serious injury. It was unfit for racing. And so it proved as there wasnt any. 

Perhaps Danny said to the riders to stay safe and come away in one piece. Wasn’t worth risking an injury. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not really. I just disproved your point. But if you mean your original point was irrelevant, then yes I agree.

What are you on about??? Ha ha ha ha .

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The track was very bad but I had no idea Pirates wanted it off. Completely understandable though as it could have caused serious injury. It was unfit for racing. And so ot proved as there wasnt any. 

Perhaps Danny said to the riders to stay safe and come away in one piece. Wasn’t worth risking an injury. 

Yes I'm sure the Brum meeting would have been fresh in their minds if it was as wet as you say.

If one of them picked up an injury, it wouldn't just affect us, could affect Wolves, BV or Sheffield as well.  

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The track was very bad ....... It was unfit for racing. And so it proved as there wasn't any. 

Sorry to say Steve, but you could have been quoting me after the Poole Leicester match

2 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

What are you on about??? Ha ha ha ha .

Your point you made. But I'm not surprised you don't know what it is! Lol

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The track was very bad but I had no idea Pirates wanted it off. Completely understandable though as it could have caused serious injury. It was unfit for racing. And so it proved as there wasnt any. 

Didn't know you was a qualified referee, every day a school day, glug glug.

"Trackrat", obviously has a reason for not liking Poole. Why, though. Is Avatar showing a Poole Suppoters Club Badge.

Edited by mikebaker

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

Sorry to say Steve, but you could have been quoting me after the Poole Leicester match

May be so. As you know I have been critical of the Poole track. Tonight it was drenched by heavy rain and deep. No parade or intro of riders. No chance of a rider to do a lap before the meeting. Riders behind were visibly slowing and trying to see, coming out of the second bend. 

A shame as it was the biggest crowd this season at Scunthorpe. 

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well what a shame to travel so far for what was the worst meeting of the season. 14 heats and not one pass. I witnessed the Brum meeting a couple of weeks ago but this surpass that.  I will say Rob Peasley said there was one pass on the third bend of lap one but I dont recall it  

A river running over the first bend on our arrival showed what the track was like and it was a snooze fest of gate and go. Riders who missed the gate were plastered in dirt had no vision and tailed off. 

Scunthorpe were quicker out the tapes and it was over on the second bend. When a Poole rider tried to make a pass like Basso, the Scunthorpe rider fell off. I had heard this track was meant to be good but sorry to say I was completely unimpressed. Awful stuff. 

The Ref was useless. Allowed Ellis and Jorgensen massive rollers unpunished.  Havvy was useless. Decided to do a t/r in heat ten against Ellis when heat nine he left Gilkes in for what would have been an easier race. Got lucky when Ellis fell when well clear. 

Basso, Cook and Hume struggled badly in the treacherous conditions. 

Congrats to Scunthorpe though. They had their bikes setup to gate and go and thats what they did. 

Think you’ve got to consider the torrential rain many people say it’s one of the best tracks in the country and so saying it isn’t after one rain affected meeting is a bit unreasonable on a night like tonight come back in a dry evening and witness some great racing ( I realise you probably can’t given your distance ) but it was one of those nights that the meeting just had to get through 

The track was bad. Clearly calling it off to come back would have been sensible and fair. No visiting team could have coped with that. And I say that with a 11 hour round trip. 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

May be so. As you know I have been critical of the Poole track. Tonight it was drenched by heavy rain and deep. No parade or intro of riders. No chance of a rider to do a lap before the meeting. Riders behind were visibly slowing and trying to see, coming out of the second bend. 

A shame as it was the biggest crowd this season at Scunthorpe. 

To move the conversation on. Do you not think that meetings like tonight's (and no, I wasn't there) are more a product of the perennial poor fixture planning than poor track preparation? There is a complacency every year during the early months of the season and then late on we're almost forced to run meetings that no one in the right mind would run.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Didn't know you was a qualified referee, every day a school day, glug glug.

It would be better if you are funny but your not, thats from an Eastbourne fan too

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

To move the conversation on. Do you not think that meetings like tonight's (and no, I wasn't there) are more a product of the perennial poor fixture planning than poor track preparation? There is a complacency every year during the early months of the season and then late on we're almost forced to run meetings that no one in the right mind would run.

This was already a restaging, I guess they are worried about  not doing it before the cut off. No one got hurt, that is the main thing.

• Like 1