British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

10.09 - Scunny v Poole

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I had heard this track was meant to be good but sorry to say I was completely unimpressed. Awful stuff. 

It's one of the best in the country, would be a bit silly to judge it on a wet night don't you think.

• Like 8

3 ways to beat Poole

1;add dirt and flood track 

2;Pray Havvy is the team manager

3;Pray Havvy is the team manager again

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Track was good until rain hit prior to start and was probably the worst meeting I have seen for several years at scunny . However only one team wanted to race the majority of the other just rode . Tac sub heat 8 :rofl: 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, M.D said:

It would be better if you are funny but your not, thats from an Eastbourne fan too

Yeh, your right, I'm not coming on the forum anymore.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well what a shame to travel so far for what was the worst meeting of the season. 14 heats and not one pass. I witnessed the Brum meeting a couple of weeks ago but this surpass that.  I will say Rob Peasley said there was one pass on the third bend of lap one but I dont recall it  

A river running over the first bend on our arrival showed what the track was like and it was a snooze fest of gate and go. Riders who missed the gate were plastered in dirt had no vision and tailed off. 

Scunthorpe were quicker out the tapes and it was over on the second bend. When a Poole rider tried to make a pass like Basso, the Scunthorpe rider fell off. I had heard this track was meant to be good but sorry to say I was completely unimpressed. Awful stuff. 

The Ref was useless. Allowed Ellis and Jorgensen massive rollers unpunished.  Havvy was useless. Decided to do a t/r in heat ten against Ellis when heat nine he left Gilkes in for what would have been an easier race. Got lucky when Ellis fell when well clear. 

Basso, Cook and Hume struggled badly in the treacherous conditions. 

Congrats to Scunthorpe though. They had their bikes setup to gate and go and thats what they did. 

Basso rode well  , I’m as afraid Poole we’re beat before they started they didn’t fancy it from the start . Also people calling our guest but Kasper was quality from the start so much so I went into the pits on the way out and shook his hand and you could tell he enjoyed his self out there 

well done Kasper and all the Scorpions Tommy 4 ride maximum and Simon a load of points from reserve the Pirates ship definitely sunk tonight

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, False dawn said:

To move the conversation on. Do you not think that meetings like tonight's (and no, I wasn't there) are more a product of the perennial poor fixture planning than poor track preparation? There is a complacency every year during the early months of the season and then late on we're almost forced to run meetings that no one in the right mind would run.

The meeting wouldnt have survived under normal circumstances. A shame I never photoed the track but clearly they didn’t want anyone on it before the first race. Pressure of the cutoff date clearly influenced Scunthorpe who knew running the meeting would favour them and they took full advantage of it. But all it really did was gift them the three points and seriously short change the paying public by serving up garbage. 

Perhaps if there was no pressure of cutoff the meeting would have been pulled. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The meeting wouldnt have survived under normal circumstances. A shame I never photoed the track but clearly they didn’t want anyone on it before the first race. Pressure of the cutoff date clearly influenced Scunthorpe who knew running the meeting would favour them and they took full advantage of it. But all it really did was gift them the three points and seriously short change the paying public by serving up garbage. 

Perhaps if there was no pressure of cutoff the meeting would have been pulled. 

In fairness the track prior to the start was only slightly wetter than it would be for a meeting on a hot summers evening. Poole were the ones who short changed the public with there lack of drive to race. Remember the ref makes the call if it's fit to race and fair play to him . Could of been a better meeting but not everyone is a classic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Hello 4 5kin. Trouble is you have to ride away from that dump in Poole to win the play offs, not looking good is it glug glug.

How do you think Ipswich will do in the play offs?…..oh dear!!….:rofl:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Obviously wasn't there but times are comparable to the week before up until heat 14. If was so bad wouldn't expect that. End of day we're heading into a British autumn weather not going to get any better so if the track is safe then meeting should go ahead. Can't expect to turn up every week to a car park

2 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

How do you think Ipswich will do in the play offs?…..oh dear!!….:rofl:

Not an Ipswich fan, anyway they're in the top league.

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Obviously wasn't there but times are comparable to the week before up until heat 14. If was so bad wouldn't expect that. End of day we're heading into a British autumn weather not going to get any better so if the track is safe then meeting should go ahead. Can't expect to turn up every week to a car park

Only thing I would say is it wasn't a 'must win' for Poole, someone has said Poole riders complained about the track. So they obv didn't feel safe on it. With playoffs coming up in both leagues they are not going to risk it. Esp when Stef's injury fresh in their minds. 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Only thing I would say is it wasn't a 'must win' for Poole, someone has said Poole riders complained about the track. So they obv didn't feel safe on it. With playoffs coming up in both leagues they are not going to risk it. Esp when Stef's injury fresh in their minds. 

Being in Scotland I've seen my share of wet meetings. While not ideal or as exciting I appreciate it's a necessary evil of an outdoor sport reliant on the Scottish weather. Not that I condone it but if that bad why not "do a Redcar?"

Times were fine for the leading rider who was often half a straight or more in front riding three feet from the fence. The riders behind had no vision and were filled in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Or maybe not, good work Kasper.

Yeah got that wrong he was very very good and looked fast 

• Like 2