British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

10.09 - Scunny v Poole

Oh dear, a lot of fair weather whingers on here. Weather in Scunthorpe was dry all day and 24c. Light spits and spots at around 6.30pm, track was looking good. Start was delayed due to lots of people sitting in their cars pondering to go or not into the stadium and heavy rain to the West- where the travelling fans were coming from.  The track was heavy for first 4 heats and was drying out fast after that. It started raining again at heat 13, when match result was in no doubt. Heavy rain during and after heat 14, so match wound up. Basically one team wanted to race and other beaten before a wheel was turned.

TJ was immaculate blasting around the track, Lambo great at reserve, a good guest In Kasper, and the rest all chipped in just where needed. Scunthorpe's ex captain Worrall and ex Scorpion Douglas kept us lively and the rest were pretty average. Your manager made a pratt of himself too!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Complain about the track as much as you like simple fact is in the most part Poole were utter crap!!!

Douglas scored more than Schlein would of, Basso and Cook were terrible and the rest were about what you would expect them to be 

14 hours ago, pvm said:

4. Kasper Andersen (G) - 3, 2, 2, 3 = 10    

:rofl:

I never said Kasper Andersen was a bad choice just busk Jacob was a safer option, thankfully Kasper turn out to be good.

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well what a shame to travel so far for what was the worst meeting of the season. 14 heats and not one pass. I witnessed the Brum meeting a couple of weeks ago but this surpass that.  I will say Rob Peasley said there was one pass on the third bend of lap one but I dont recall it  

A river running over the first bend on our arrival showed what the track was like and it was a snooze fest of gate and go. Riders who missed the gate were plastered in dirt had no vision and tailed off. 

Scunthorpe were quicker out the tapes and it was over on the second bend. When a Poole rider tried to make a pass like Basso, the Scunthorpe rider fell off. I had heard this track was meant to be good but sorry to say I was completely unimpressed. Awful stuff. 

The Ref was useless. Allowed Ellis and Jorgensen massive rollers unpunished.  Havvy was useless. Decided to do a t/r in heat ten against Ellis when heat nine he left Gilkes in for what would have been an easier race. Got lucky when Ellis fell when well clear. 

Basso, Cook and Hume struggled badly in the treacherous conditions. 

Congrats to Scunthorpe though. They had their bikes setup to gate and go and thats what they did. 

One of the worst meetings I've seen at the EWR in terms of racing but what can you do when you get a down pour before the start of the meeting. I hope you can return in better weather to see what fine racing it can produce.

Edited by eric i
  • Like 4

Well done to the Scorpions tonight. They We're clearly fired up for this meeting after losing at home to Leicester Lions a week ago and throwing away a lead at Kent on Tuesdsy.

The rain clearly affected Poole and I was disappointed in the performance. 

Scunthorpe were quicker out of the starts and had more speed and importantly didn't let the conditions put them off.

I have been lucky to have seen some cracking meetings at the Eddie Wright Raceway over the years unfortunately the late rain ruined that.

You beat us fair and square  but just a note of warning to some Scorpians fans.

Don't think  for one moment that Poole will ride as badly as this come the playoffs and next time if we do meet we won't make it easy for you.

Anyway  congratulations and good luck In the playoffs. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shaleshifter said:

Well done to the Scorpions tonight. They We're clearly fired up for this meeting after losing at home to Leicester Lions a week ago and throwing away a lead at Kent on Tuesdsy.

The rain clearly affected Poole and I was disappointed in the performance. 

Scunthorpe were quicker out of the starts and had more speed and importantly didn't let the conditions put them off.

I have been lucky to have seen some cracking meetings at the Eddie Wright Raceway over the years unfortunately the late rain ruined that.

Don't think  for one moment that Poole will ride as badly as this come the playoffs and next time if we do meet we won't make it easy for you.

Anyway  congratulations and good luck In the playoffs. 

Cheers Shaleshifter - good to see you last night.

When you're next coming up, get off the M1 at junction 21A and then go to Scunny via the A46 and A15.  Will save you loads of time rather than staying on the M1, especially when travelling up on Friday. Glad you and Shovvy made it in time for Heat 1 tonight. Hope you had a decent trip home. 

Been home since just before 1.30am (didn't leave the stadium until 10.30pm - like to have a chat in the bar afterwards), and just finished writing the match report for the website.  

Edited by lucifer sam

Matt Ford would've got away with heat 8 if he was team manager! :party:

Edited by PirateShip
  • Haha 2

Fans   from the opposition going on about how poor the track was etc here is evidence to prove that the Poole camp were beaten before they went out on track and simply didn’t want to race .

Scunthorpe v Poole  heat 1 winning time 58.71 on as Poole fans saying a track which was dangerous and needed work doing to it before they would race 

Scunthorpe v Leicester the week previous heat 1 winning time 58.63 , not a lot of difference on a track that Poole didn’t want to race on and whose team manager was totally inept on the night and in fact embarrassed himself .

Said I would pop back in to see SS excuses.He didn't fail on that account.He has said before when a team has been at Poole on a wet track how it is a leveller.Why wasn't it a leveller last night:blink:.

He also said about racing 3ft from the fence, every time I have been to Poole or seen it on tv the applies.

Well done Scunny by the way,never see that coming at all,wet track or not.Thought SS said his team are better than most Premier league sides didn't show that tonight in their application or desire by the looks of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikebaker said:

"Trackrat", obviously has a reason for not liking Poole. Why, though. Is Avatar showing a Poole Suppoters Club Badge.

Because he's a dick 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Fans   from the opposition going on about how poor the track was etc here is evidence to prove that the Poole camp were beaten before they went out on track and simply didn’t want to race .

Scunthorpe v Poole  heat 1 winning time 58.71 on as Poole fans saying a track which was dangerous and needed work doing to it before they would race 

Scunthorpe v Leicester the week previous heat 1 winning time 58.63 , not a lot of difference on a track that Poole didn’t want to race on and whose team manager was totally inept on the night and in fact embarrassed himself .

Yes they prob wanted to stay safe so didn't race. I don't think any Poole fan is disputing that. 

However what makes me laugh is one scunny fan saying spits and spots before the meeting and one saying a downpour. There is quite a big difference between the two!! 

5 hours ago, Shaleshifter said:

Wouldn't be to sure on that reckon the track could be exactly the same plenty of water on before :rofl:

9 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Yeh, your right, I'm not coming on the forum anymore.

Hooray 

Shovlar again doing himself no favours, got whacked just admit it and move on. 

Shame someone doesn’t whack Trackrat come to think of it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Shovlar again doing himself no favours, got whacked just admit it and move on. 

Shame someone doesn’t whack Trackrat come to think of it. 

Wow, didn't realise I upset people so much they would threaten me on a public forum. Didn't also , realise you had been made forum police pinhead. Welshman wanting to fight, who knew:D