British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

10.09 - Scunny v Poole

As a neutral, seems that the weather ruined the entertainment. Wet track, and first away first home ( even more than usual) Seen a few meetings like that in my time after travelling hundreds of miles , losing , then long drive home. 

With p offs and KO cup finals in October the weather is ever more likely to ruin the entertainment. 

Poole had nothing to prove, already in p offs, Scunthorpe desperate for every point to keep p off chances alive. Probably the difference in the 2 sides attitude last night.

Poole deserve a pat on the back for booking a decent gust in place of Schlein, to field a competitive team, when they could have just said stuff it and used r/r. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Wow, didn't realise I upset people so much they would threaten me on a public forum. Didn't also , realise you had been made forum police pinhead. Welshman wanting to fight, who knew:D

How is hoping someone gives you a slap threatening you? Your nearly as thick as the people you target on here every week. 

29 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

As a neutral, seems that the weather ruined the entertainment. Wet track, and first away first home ( even more than usual) Seen a few meetings like that in my time after travelling hundreds of miles , losing , then long drive home. 

With p offs and KO cup finals in October the weather is ever more likely to ruin the entertainment. 

Poole had nothing to prove, already in p offs, Scunthorpe desperate for every point to keep p off chances alive. Probably the difference in the 2 sides attitude last night.

Poole deserve a pat on the back for booking a decent gust in place of Schlein, to field a competitive team, when they could have just said stuff it and used r/r. 

Think you've hit the nail on the head there!

Clearly with a track like that, the Pirates decided to stay safe rather than risk an injury. It just wasn’t worth it. We have already lost Stefan which makes us much weaker at reserve and to lose another rider in a frankly meaningless meeting would have been foolhardy. We are already top and will finish there so the team did the right thing and came away in one piece.

18 minutes ago, Pinny said:

How is hoping someone gives you a slap threatening you? Your nearly as thick as the people you target on here every week. 

Says the one with lager as an interest.

Just now, Trackrat said:

Says the one with lager as an interest.

Cider man are you?

By the way I thought the Scunthorpe fans where we stood were a very friendly bunch, up for a bit of banter. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Clearly with a track like that, the Pirates decided to stay safe rather than risk an injury. It just wasn’t worth it. We have already lost Stefan which makes us much weaker at reserve and to lose another rider in a frankly meaningless meeting would have been foolhardy. We are already top and will finish there so the team did the right thing and came away in one piece.

Redcar could still take top spot! Only team that can

3 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Have to win at Poole and beat Leicester though. Or win at Poole by 7 and draw at home to Leicester (but that would be down to points difference?)

Not going to be easy! 

As long as we can hold on to top 2, that's enough for me. 

4 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Fans   from the opposition going on about how poor the track was etc here is evidence to prove that the Poole camp were beaten before they went out on track and simply didn’t want to race .

Scunthorpe v Poole  heat 1 winning time 58.71 on as Poole fans saying a track which was dangerous and needed work doing to it before they would race 

Scunthorpe v Leicester the week previous heat 1 winning time 58.63 , not a lot of difference on a track that Poole didn’t want to race on and whose team manager was totally inept on the night and in fact embarrassed himself .

Just because race times may be similar it doesn't always mean the track is as safe as the week before. I'm saying this for any track/meeting and not directly at this meeting as I wasn't there last night. Holes/bumps etc..... may occur on a line which a rider is using to pass but the race leader is not on that line so still posts a fast time.

Think I've proved my point.

Edited by PirateShip

21 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Glasgow or Leicester could still top the table if they take every point available to them.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Adds a little spice to Pirates last ‘regular season’ home fixture then!

3 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

They did say stuff it originally only got Ryan as Redcarr was called off 

35 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Glasgow or Leicester could still top the table if they take every point available to them.

My mistake! Would also take Redcar to beat Poole still mind

1 minute ago, Marshall07 said:

My mistake! Would also take Redcar to beat Poole still mind

Not going to happen. Even though Purates are weaker with the loss of Stefan, we are still too strong for Redcar to turn us over at Poole.