British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

10.09 - Scunny v Poole

35 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not going to happen. Even though Purates are weaker with the loss of Stefan, we are still too strong for Redcar to turn us over at Poole.

you don't know it won't happen. I appreciate people support their team. But, there is supporting and arrogance 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, justathought said:

you don't know it won't happen. I appreciate people support their team. But, there is supporting and arrogance 

It should be close I think. Redcar stronger now with Lewis Kerr. All of their top 5 have had quite a few meetings at Poole with other teams when we were in the prem. Jordan Jenkins also had one meeting at Poole in 2019 i think and had a few practices there, so only Ryan Kinsley who would be their first time. 

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Have to win at Poole and beat Leicester though. Or win at Poole by 7 and draw at home to Leicester (but that would be down to points difference?)

Not going to be easy! 

As long as we can hold on to top 2, that's enough for me. 

Its not enough for me. Top is the only place to be. 

35 minutes ago, justathought said:

OK it would take a monumental effort from Redcar to win at Poole, who haven’t lost at home this season. Poole are a better and stronger team than Redcar. Whilst there is a chance, it’s a slim one and Poole would be well up for it if it means the difference between finishing top or not. I will be the first to congratulate Redcar if they win at Wimborne Road. But even though we are now weaker, we still have enough through the rest of the team. 

It’s not arrogance. It’s belief in the team.

Pirates will win everything so that's about it really. 

Burrrrrrrrp, whoops :blush: sorry I just had a can of coke :D

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not going to happen. Even though Purates are weaker with the loss of Stefan, we are still too strong for Redcar to turn us over at Poole.

Unless it rains... then anyone can beat Poole.  Tail is far too vulnerable when track is wet ;) 

Second easiest win of the season for Scunny last night, after a thrashing of Kent, before Batchelor joined the team. Pirates nothing special and can be beaten!  No one clear favourite in this league - if I was forced to pick one, I'd pick Leicester. 

Good to see you last night and hope to see you back in the play-offs, so you can get a proper appreciation of the superb Scunny track.

Edited by lucifer sam

15 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Complain about the track as much as you like simple fact is in the most part Poole were utter crap!!!

Douglas scored more than Schlein would of, Basso and Cook were terrible and the rest were about what you would expect them to be 

Probably have bigger fish to fry and as a neutral it was a poor meeting as Poole where not going to risk any injuries.

17 minutes ago, soupy said:

Probably have bigger fish to fry and as a neutral it was a poor meeting as Poole where not going to risk any injuries.

It was but that was because Poole were awful out of the gate and not fast enough on track!! It was a poor meeting because Poole were rubbish… Basso, Cook would still be a mile behind no matter what the track 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

OK it would take a monumental effort from Redcar to win at Poole, who haven’t lost at home this season. Poole are a better and stronger team than Redcar. Whilst there is a chance, it’s a slim one and Poole would be well up for it if it means the difference between finishing top or not. I will be the first to congratulate Redcar if they win at Wimborne Road. But even though we are now weaker, we still have enough through the rest of the team. 

It’s not arrogance. It’s belief in the team.

But if it rains, will Poole take the safe option?

You hate me, don't you?

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

It was but that was because Poole were awful out of the gate and not fast enough on track!! It was a poor meeting because Poole were rubbish… Basso, Cook would still be a mile behind no matter what the track 

LMAO!! That's hilarious. 

Oooh 87-87 on agg, so Scunthorpe just as bad as us :D lol

Edited by lisa-colette

3 hours ago, soupy said:

Common sense tbf

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Its not enough for me. Top is the only place to be. 

The only advantage for being top is choosing what team to face in the SF's. But what if you choose the wrong one!

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

LMAO!! That's hilarious. 

Oooh 87-87 on agg, so Scunthorpe just as bad as us :D lol

You werent there so you literally have no idea…. Poole were terrible… dress it up about the track as much as you like but it wouldnt of made much odds and considering we cant shut you up about how good Poole are it was embarrassing  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

You werent there so you literally have no idea…. Poole were terrible… dress it up about the track as much as you like but it wouldnt of made much odds and considering we cant shut you up about how good Poole are it was embarrassing  

But you weren't talking just about last night. You said about them being rubbish at other tracks which obviously is nowhere near the truth and is what I was replying to, considering Redcar fans raved about Basso when we were there and also Cook at Glasgow, those have been their stand out tracks for each of them. Also Hume was good at Edinburgh. All tracks that will be in the playoffs too, so that helps. 

Excuse me but if you are top of the league then you must be quite good! Sorry if you don't like it but not really my problem. 

My first meeting for 2 years less 2 days due to, reasons, spoiled by wet weather quite a bit but still enjoyed it.  Hye, it's speedway !  So, with some EWR speakers still a bit hit & miss half heard Rob Godfrey say something to effeect of "our local MP who has helped us before & will help us with this also............."  Anyone know what he was referring to, methinks possibly a visa issue with Tero Aarnio ?...