British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

10.09 - Scunny v Poole

33 minutes ago, martinmauger said:

My first meeting for 2 years less 2 days due to, reasons, spoiled by wet weather quite a bit but still enjoyed it.  Hye, it's speedway !  So, with some EWR speakers still a bit hit & miss half heard Rob Godfrey say something to effeect of "our local MP who has helped us before & will help us with this also............."  Anyone know what he was referring to, methinks possibly a visa issue with Tero Aarnio ?...

Yeah he was saying that they had to prove something about Tero’s visa and local MP holly mumby Croft has stepped in to help prove it and it’s sped the process up a lot and he also said she is a big supporter of speedway in Scunthorpe and supports the club 

Rob's speakers have been hit and miss for years now. His centre field microphone is also pretty poor, surprisingly we can hear the official result announcer ok. Just to compound the P.A system, the one in the clubhouse is also pants!

39 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Yeah he was saying that they had to prove something about Tero’s visa and local MP holly mumby Croft has stepped in to help prove it and it’s sped the process up a lot and he also said she is a big supporter of speedway in Scunthorpe and supports the club 

Unless I have missed something that would either imply that:

A] Tero's visa expired end of August, or

B] He's been riding on the wrong paperwork all year and just been found out.

Neither reflect well on the Scunny promotion

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Unless I have missed something that would either imply that:

A] Tero's visa expired end of August, or

B] He's been riding on the wrong paperwork all year and just been found out.

Neither reflect well on the Scunny promotion

I’m not an expert on this but Rob said that they’ve had issues since the start of the year and 3 months to sort it or something ?

Thanks, though it likely to be concering Aarnio....