British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Plymouth Friday 10 September 7.30pm

After traveling up for the original meeting only to be thwarted by a biblical monsoon just before tapes up I’ve decided to chance it & travel up again from Exeter! Still looking forward to it if the weather holds up but R/R to cover Richard Lawson isn’t going to get anywhere near the points you’d expect him to score. Reading the thread I now know why I couldn’t get a cheap hotel in the City! Staying in Motherwell instead. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Redflag said:

After traveling up for the original meeting only to be thwarted by a biblical monsoon just before tapes up I’ve decided to chance it & travel up again from Exeter! Still looking forward to it if the weather holds up but R/R to cover Richard Lawson isn’t going to get anywhere near the points you’d expect him to score. Reading the thread I now know why I couldn’t get a cheap hotel in the City! Staying in Motherwell instead. 

That night was beyond belief , hopefully it stays dry for you and the rest of us tomorrow 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Redflag said:

The rain forecast for today hasn't been as bad as predicted so if stops at 5pm tomorrow should be ok 

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing how Marcin goes, now that his visa has been approved, hopefully Broc can continue with the form that he has when guesting for other teams and that Cookie is still back to his brilliant best

I no there my team, but using r/r against Glasgow is not going to cut it.i fear this one might cost your promoters a shed load of points Money we will be lucky to score 30 points.

8 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I no there my team, but using r/r against Glasgow is not going to cut it.i fear this one might cost your promoters a shed load of points Money we will be lucky to score 30 points.

I think realistically your only guest options would've been summers or starke given amount of teams racing tonight. Neither of whom would likely score what the son of God would either

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I think realistically your only guest options would've been summers or starke given amount of teams racing tonight. Neither of whom would likely score what the son of God would either

Very true.

20 hours ago, Paulco said:

That night was beyond belief , hopefully it stays dry for you and the rest of us tomorrow 

The rain that evening was obscene. I didn’t bring my umbrella because the forecast was for light showers. I was on the back straight stand and talking to a couple that had come up from England. We talked about Rye House for ages (I’m from Hoddesdon originally) whilst the rain came down, but by the time the meeting was called off, I was soaked through every layer imaginable. Maryhill was flooded on the way home.

You get used to rain in Glasgow, but that was as bad as you’d ever see. And we had the same again on the Sunday!

Weather been dry since this morning, forecast now changed not expecting any more showers, should be set fair for a good night's entertainment. Looking forward to seeing Marcin

See Redcar Vs Leicester been called off and Douglas supposedly guesting for Poole at scunny now. Enough time for Plymouth to add Morris/ howarth/ Wright to replace Lawson and get there on time?

Enjoyed that again tonight. Score doesn't reflect the racing or effort Plymouth put in to the meeting. Ruml and Cook in particular can't have worked so hard for so few points. Nowak could just be a trump card going into the play offs

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Enjoyed that again tonight. Score doesn't reflect the racing or effort Plymouth put in to the meeting. Ruml and Cook in particular can't have worked so hard for so few points. Nowak could just be a trump card going into the play offs

Glad the meeting was entertaining, take a bow bjarne pedersen, Jason Crump hmmmmmmmm!

11 minutes ago, lewy said:

Glad the meeting was entertaining, take a bow bjarne pedersen, Jason Crump hmmmmmmmm!

Bjarne improved as meeting went on, still a class act could ride couple more seasons but can see why wants to go out on his terms. Sad to see crump getting passed by riders wouldn't be on same postcode as him in his prime. Jumped more starts than the sarj tonight ha