British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

No change next year?

With Richard Lawson signing for Plymouth and King's Lynn next season, it looks like more of the same for next year. If something is broke, why try and repair it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

With Richard Lawson signing for Plymouth and King's Lynn next season, it looks like more of the same for next year. If something is broke, why try and repair it!

Yes....looks like same old...same old...I despair!!!

• Like 1

Hold on a minute though, it's early days yet... I don't know how they're going to do it yet but I'm sure the BSPL can do something that will make things worse, just give them time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I doubt anything is set in stone just yet but Plymouth may have jumped the gun on this one..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, M.D said:

I doubt anything is set in stone just yet but Plymouth may have jumped the gun on this one..

The master plan is, all riders can ride for two clubs in the same league. It makes perfect sense to me!

• Like 1

One league, 5 riders per team of which one must be a rising star, 15 heats,

I'm thinking this will give riders more rides per meeting (minimum 6 rides for the top 4 each + the no.5 minimum 4 rides, then the nominated heat) therefore cutting out the need to race for 2 teams. 

Those who are riding for 2 teams at the moment, which is most riders, will still have the same number of meetings under the new system (depending upon which clubs start next season). 

And have a handicap style cup competition. 

Keep the NDL. 

Edited by PirateShip

2 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Yes....looks like same old...same old...I despair!!!

Didn't they make up a 5 year plan for the Rising Stars so surely they should see it through although I have not seen anything in print about what happens in year 2, then year 3, etc.

They are not going to change the rules year after year just to confuse us.

This year, most posters were saying that this year was about getting started & getting through this difficult period but now it is the business end, their views have changed.

Just now, IronScorpion said:

Didn't they make up a 5 year plan for the Rising Stars so surely they should see it through although I have not seen anything in print about what happens in year 2, then year 3, etc.

They are not going to change the rules year after year just to confuse us.

This year, most posters were saying that this year was about getting started & getting through this difficult period but now it is the business end, their views have changed.

They supposed to be having 2 rising stars per team next year but how can this possibly happen. 

Even if they managed to fill approx 36 positions what happens when it comes to injuries? 

The competive ability of young riders to completey fill these positions just isn't there and they will be half a lap behind if not more by the end of the race. 

The last time they had 2 rising stars & injuries occurred the replacements were way behind even in the reserves race. Not the rider's fault, just the stupid rules! 

Exactly my point. They (BSP Ltd or SCB) make the rules, do not explain them clearly with grey areas found in the RS process this year alone never mind dodgy signings on false averages & team changes.

Even though we are now in to September, there will have been a few Promoter meetings at Rugby around the AGM & rules for 2022 & it would not surprise me that Plymouth & Kings Lynn are not the only ones to have made signings in readiness for 2022 just not announced.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Exactly my point. They (BSP Ltd or SCB) make the rules, do not explain them clearly with grey areas found in the RS process this year alone never mind dodgy signings on false averages & team changes.

Even though we are now in to September, there will have been a few Promoter meetings at Rugby around the AGM & rules for 2022 & it would not surprise me that Plymouth & Kings Lynn are not the only ones to have made signings in readiness for 2022 just not announced.

No different to any other season!

5 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Must be tempting..

No headaches arranging fixtures, even rearranging fixtures, due to all pretty much domiciled over here, and race nights being fixed... 

No flights to pay for, and no hotels to pay for commuting overseas riders..

No over inflated heat leader type contracts to pay out for the next foreign 4 point averaged "wunderkind" to ride at reserve. Instead you will be paying RS's..

And riders (heat leaders in particular) getting plenty of rides (and opportunity to make money), in both divisions, potentially,  given the Div One fixed race nights, being able to ride seven meetings a week, five or even six races a night, with a fair few of the races having an RS up against them..

A win, win for all...

Why  change something so "good"...:rolleyes::D

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Well my contacts are telling me this..

It will be one league next season with a fluid rider system for all tracks, an example below

Eastbourne will return so

Tom Brennan will revert to Eastbourne on his CMA

This is not fair on Glasgow so Tom can take his place in their line up too

Tom can also ride for Belle Vue as a rising star as they had first dibs

When Glasgow face Belle Vue, then Glasgow must use a guest for Tom up to his CMA as he is a rising star and that takes priority for Belle Vue

When Glasgow face Eastbourne, then the home team has the use of Tom with R/R used by the away team in the interest of the sport

And so forth..

Very simple and well thought out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

59 minutes ago, M.D said:

Well my contacts are telling me this..

It will be one league next season with a fluid rider system for all tracks, an example below

Eastbourne will return so

Tom Brennan will revert to Eastbourne on his CMA

This is not fair on Glasgow so Tom can take his place in their line up too

Tom can also ride for Belle Vue as a rising star as they had first dibs

When Glasgow face Belle Vue, then Glasgow must use a guest for Tom up to his CMA as he is a rising star and that takes priority for Belle Vue

When Glasgow face Eastbourne, then the home team has the use of Tom with R/R used by the away team in the interest of the sport

And so forth..

Very simple and well thought out.

Makes sense to me! :D 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result is the definition of madness, its clear to most that the current structure and plan just isnt working.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result is the definition of madness, its clear to most that the current structure and plan just isnt working.

Absolutely.