British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

No change next year?

1 hour ago, M.D said:

Well my contacts are telling me this..

Who is your contact, Fred Karno?

Whats the need for change - its been a highly succesful season, the p.offs got record crowds , and after the challenges of operating with limited crowds due to COVID restrictions, every club has enjoyed a wonderful season. ......

In the  fantastic Championship League ......sadly Eastbourne closed, Birmingham suffered financial problems, Newcastle  are looking for new owners, Poole are in discussions over the continued use of their stadium, but other than that it has been a wonderful season with entertainment from the top drawer.

The stand out "Premiership" tier  has once again delivered first class entertainment, and goes from strength to strength, with the BSPL once again struggling to decide who to admit to this "elite" division of racing.

This season we had 6 clubs fighting tooth and nail for the coveted 4 play off spots. The qualifiers for the 4 spots were in doubt until early May and this made for some top quality racing of the highest standard that England can offer.

Of particular note in 2021 has been the huge success of the rising star programme which has developed so many new potential world champions for English speedway. None of the rising stars were known in the sport at the beginning of the season, and all are truly the product of the rising star programme.  Next season will see twice as many rising stars in teams , and England will once again have top calibre riders to challenge the worlds top  Speedway Grand Prix stars.   

• Haha 8

21 minutes ago, iainb said:

Who is your contact, Fred Karno?

The BSPL

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Whats the need for change - its been a highly succesful season, the p.offs got record crowds , and after the challenges of operating with limited crowds due to COVID restrictions, every club has enjoyed a wonderful season. ......

In the  fantastic Championship League ......sadly Eastbourne closed, Birmingham suffered financial problems, Newcastle  are looking for new owners, Poole are in discussions over the continued use of their stadium, but other than that it has been a wonderful season with entertainment from the top drawer.

The stand out "Premiership" tier  has once again delivered first class entertainment, and goes from strength to strength, with the BSPL once again struggling to decide who to admit to this "elite" division of racing.

This season we had 6 clubs fighting tooth and nail for the coveted 4 play off spots. The qualifiers for the 4 spots were in doubt until early May and this made for some top quality racing of the highest standard that England can offer.

Of particular note in 2021 has been the huge success of the rising star programme which has developed so many new potential world champions for English speedway. None of the rising stars were known in the sport at the beginning of the season, and all are truly the product of the rising star programme.  Next season will see twice as many rising stars in teams , and England will once again have top calibre riders to challenge the worlds top  Speedway Grand Prix stars.   

Think that’s how they will see it judged by previous seasons.:P

What Year it’s been ,They are having a new trophy this season,Rider of the Year with most Guest Appearances.It’s a close with many still in contention.

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think that’s how they will see it judged by previous seasons.:P

What Year it’s been ,They are having a new trophy this season,Rider of the Year with most Guest Appearances.It’s a close with many still in contention.

Well you can guarantee Scunthorpe will win track of the year again , it’s in the rule book now.

1 hour ago, M.D said:

The BSPL

You are joking aren't you? Please tell me you are joking!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, M.D said:

Well my contacts are telling me this..

It will be one league next season with a fluid rider system for all tracks, an example below

Eastbourne will return so

Tom Brennan will revert to Eastbourne on his CMA

This is not fair on Glasgow so Tom can take his place in their line up too

Tom can also ride for Belle Vue as a rising star as they had first dibs

When Glasgow face Belle Vue, then Glasgow must use a guest for Tom up to his CMA as he is a rising star and that takes priority for Belle Vue

When Glasgow face Eastbourne, then the home team has the use of Tom with R/R used by the away team in the interest of the sport

And so forth..

Very simple and well thought out.

I was told that this was a secret document...

They wont be happy you have launched their plan...

At least you didnt mention the new rule for next season that states at each meeting the first two riders to turn up will be the captains, and that the first 12 riders to turn up after them will be given out numbers by the ref, (1 to 12), whilst the captains of the two teams look away...

A coin will then be tossed between the two captains to see who can call out the first number...

Whatever number they shout, the rider given that number by the ref then goes and stands behind them..

After all twelve are selected the 14 riders take to the track..

There has though been an addendum to the rule this week...

It has been decreed that after all the numbers have been given out, each rider swaps places, so the captains wont be able to  work out,  just by going left to right, what number each rider is, and therefore pick all the best riders first.. 

Making the rubbish ones feel upset and sad...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I was told that this was a secret document...

They wont be happy you have launched their plan...

At least you didnt mention the new rule for next season that states at each meeting the first two riders to turn up will be the captains, and that the first 12 riders to turn up after them will be given out numbers by the ref, (1 to 12), whilst the captains of the two teams look away...

A coin will then be tossed between the two captains to see who can call out the first number...

Whatever number they shout, the rider given that number by the ref then goes and stands behind them..

After all twelve are selected the 14 riders take to the track..

There has though been an addendum to the rule this week...

It has been decreed that after all the numbers have been given out, each rider swaps places, so the captains wont be able to  work out,  just by going left to right, what number each rider is, and therefore pick all the best riders first.. 

Making the rubbish ones feel upset and sad...

Almost, but its a little more complex than we both have said

• Haha 1

people people people all sensible rules but your all missing the most important decision to be made this year 

so will the green helmet colour return lets face it its the only thing broken in uk speedway 

• Haha 3

Nothing sums up the current state speedway finds itself in is the situation at Edinburgh tonight. Birmingham rider Jack Thomas, who has chased gust bookings and meeting all of the past week, and credit to him for doing that. But he misses his clubs meeting tonight for, and this is his own words, he needs a night off and Birmingham are allowed a guest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, screm said:

Nothing sums up the current state speedway finds itself in is the situation at Edinburgh tonight. Birmingham rider Jack Thomas, who has chased gust bookings and meeting all of the past week, and credit to him for doing that. But he misses his clubs meeting tonight for, and this is his own words, he needs a night off and Birmingham are allowed a guest.

I might try that. I'll work all weekend and then phone my employer up on Monday sick because I'm too knackered to go in.

On a serious note are the promotors ever going to wake up to the shambles that is UK speedway.

20 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I might try that. I'll work all weekend and then phone my employer up on Monday sick because I'm too knackered to go in.

On a serious note are the promotors ever going to wake up to the shambles that is UK speedway.

No would be the answer to your Question.Last man standing win soon be the Champions.

13 hours ago, cityrebel said:

With Richard Lawson signing for Plymouth and King's Lynn next season, it looks like more of the same for next year. If something is broke, why try and repair it!

Think Lawson is going to also sign for Mildenhall.(just in case).:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

Never underestimate the power of a dose of Hawkinsitis.....:D

14 hours ago, blueherb777 said:

Yes....looks like same old...same old...I despair!!!

What were the you expecting, no league racing, free for all, challenges every week?

• Sad 1