British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MartinBSN

Redcar Vs Leicester 10/09

On 9/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, Elmo said:

Couldn’t hear fully what was said last night but think it was R/R for Dan & Jack Thomas for Joe.

Yes Elmo.  That's what the gaffer announced, much to my surprise!

1 hour ago, PowerfulPierre said:

You, me and quite a few around me also.
But then we went to Mildenhall yesterday and some of the talk was that the twins don't go all that well at Redcar anyway (?). So we might be better off. :blink:

47 minutes ago, False dawn said:

You, me and quite a few around me also.
But then we went to Mildenhall yesterday and some of the talk was that the twins don't go all that well at Redcar anyway (?). So we might be better off. :blink:

Both looked pretty good to me in the Under 21 at Redcar.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Where's the surprise? Twins have to ride in the national championship. R/R is the only option for Dan and Jack Thomas is the best 2* option!

50 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

Where's the surprise? Twins have to ride in the national championship. R/R is the only option for Dan and Jack Thomas is the best 2* option!

Why is R/R the only option for Dan?  I was under the impression that as he is in the main body of the team, a guest is allowed but I'm forever trying to get my head around the rule book so would appreciate you explaining why this doesn't apply in this case. As the saying goes, you learn something new every day!!!

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Has to be top 3 in averages or a reserve apparently for a guest booking. 

Guests are available at 4 and/or 5 in the averages under certain circumstances. It is theoretically possible to run with seven guests!

11 hours ago, PowerfulPierre said:

Why is R/R the only option for Dan?  I was under the impression that as he is in the main body of the team, a guest is allowed but I'm forever trying to get my head around the rule book so would appreciate you explaining why this doesn't apply in this case. As the saying goes, you learn something new every day!!!

Top 3 are allowed a guest. 4/5 are R/R unless you have more than one rider missing then you can choose who is R/R and who is guest (ie. You can run R/R in top 3 and have a guest for 4/5)

3 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Top 3 are allowed a guest. 4/5 are R/R unless you have more than one rider missing then you can choose who is R/R and who is guest (ie. You can run R/R in top 3 and have a guest for 4/5)

Thanks for the clarification.  As I previously said, you learn something new every day!

Never like having to operate R/R, particularly away. I think that Lions will do well to get a point against a strong Bears team. Zaine Kennedy's performance will be key here and will most likely be taking three of the R/R rides and Jack Thomas will have to take all of his programmed rides. Our big guns will subsequently need to be bang on it to keep us in the contest.

9 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Never like having to operate R/R, particularly away. I think that Lions will do well to get a point against a strong Bears team. Zaine Kennedy's performance will be key here and will most likely be taking three of the R/R rides and Jack Thomas will have to take all of his programmed rides. Our big guns will subsequently need to be bang on it to keep us in the contest.

The only team Bears have scored heavily against at home has been Plymouth , every team likes riding at Redcar and most have gained a point or come lose to wining only for the Bears to pull it out of the bag in the last race. I expect the same in this match.

Edited by Fortythirtyeight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

The only team Bears have scored heavily against at home has been Plymouth , every team likes riding at Redcar and most have gained a point or come lose to wining only for the Bears to pull it out of the bag in the last race. I expect the same in this match.

Totally agree with that. Most of the lions big guns, are very happy around Redcar. Hans Andersen, hasn't been before, but it will be like a " duck to water" and he should fit right in. The lower order could be the difference and even then it will be close, incidentally, Zaine Kennedy, has been to Redcar twice before, 6 rides for no points. I would expect him to do better this time.

Edited by sidewinder
incorrect data.

Do Redcar always gate so poorly or were Leicester made to look good? MPT was sleeping at the tapes, one of the worst gating performances I've seen at this level, a couple more points from him would have given Redcar a win. Good stream though :t:!