British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MartinBSN

Redcar Vs Leicester 10/09

The home tac sub strikes again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MD said:

Do Redcar always gate so poorly or were Leicester made to look good? MPT was sleeping at the tapes, one of the worst gating performances I've seen at this level, a couple more points from him would have given Redcar a win. Good stream though :t:!

First time I have tried streaming and thought it  good value @ £9.99 - I know Glasgow and Edinburgh do this also but more expensive - If this is the way forward for those living away from the track then I would be happy to pay for 3 meetings each week @ £9.99 a pop - Maybe others have ideas about the whole issue? - Getting back to the meeting Leicester much quicker out of the blocks for the first half but a good comeback from Redcar and really good close racing throughout - Pleased that  home teams can use a tactical substitute as it made this meeting more exciting for this neutral  individual and also in the event of a draw the away team gets a bonus point - Thank you Redcar :t:

• Like 3

Just now, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

First time I have tried streaming and thought it  good value @ £9.99 - I know Glasgow and Edinburgh do this also but more expensive - If this is the way forward for those living away from the track then I would be happy to pay for 3 meetings each week @ £9.99 a pop - Maybe others have ideas about the whole issue? - Getting back to the meeting Leicester much quicker out of the blocks for the first half but a good comeback from Redcar and really good close racing throughout - Pleased that  home teams can use a tactical substitute as it made this meeting more exciting for this neutral  individual and also in the event of a draw the away team gets a bonus point - Thank you Redcar :t:

Ha, I love that this post is right underneath Bagpuss' one! Two opposing views :D

• Like 1

Thought it was a cracking meeting and would have said the same even if the Lazarus Bears hadn’t pulled off another miraculous comeback.

Leicester were electric out of the starts early on and stormed into a 12 point lead after 8 heats.Thought Ht 14 had scuppered our chances but 5-1 in Heat 15 squared it all up.

Wrighty back to his best and Kerr fantastic. MPT had a rare off night and Allen struggled more than usual (not through lack of effort). Great last ride from Jenkins too.

For Leicester - Howarth, Morris, Kennedy, Douglas all showed they like the Redcar track and contributed to some good races.

Bears continue to struggle early in meetings and it will be their downfall in the playoffs but it was another good, entertaining speedway meeting in front of a large crowd.

A good night out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BEATTHEBOOKIEBOB said:

Thank you Bob! Really good to hear such feedback from a neutral!

• Like 1

How tight was the finish of heat 12? From my limited view on the livestream it looked as if Andersen got 2nd :blink:

EDIT: Added picture below, scandalous decision as I thought.

ht12.png

Edited by Cerro

6 minutes ago, Cerro said:

How tight was the finish of heat 12? From my limited view on the livestream it looked as if Andersen got 2nd :blink:

You can watch it back every minute for the next 47 hours left on your ticket and you'll still see Andersen 2nd haha!

3 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

You can watch it back every minute for the next 47 hours left on your ticket and you'll still see Andersen 2nd haha!

It's even worse now after watching it back :rolleyes:

Disgraceful not even close. 

Redcar really do need to sort the track out before heat one,  it is so obvious to home supporters that the track preparation is affecting the teams performances, it's akin to scoring own goal every match.  Right now the home advantage is virtually non existent and even Jake Allen took to the centre green last night to have a dig about it.  I think Jamie Swales prepares a great looking  racing surface but I wonder if the team have any input beforehand, last night we were treated a wonder wheel extravaganza throughout the meeting that eventually altered the racing line just in time to salvation point

Great meeting,  well worth the £9.99 for the stream, I will buy again. 

Obviously the referee doesn't have any access to the video or he wouldn't have got the heat 12 wrong. You would think at most tracks it would be easy enough to have some from of photo finish available. It could be something as simple as a tripod mounted mobile photo videoing the finish line.

7 minutes ago, Berry9 said:

Redcar really do need to sort the track out before heat one,  it is so obvious to home supporters that the track preparation is affecting the teams performances, it's akin to scoring own goal every match.  Right now the home advantage is virtually non existent and even Jake Allen took to the centre green last night to have a dig about it.  I think Jamie Swales prepares a great looking  racing surface but I wonder if the team have any input beforehand, last night we were treated a wonder wheel extravaganza throughout the meeting that eventually altered the racing line just in time to salvation point

It seems to be a regular occurence that Redcar start slowly and finish strongly so presumably the track is set up similarly each week. You would think the home riders could find the right setup to begin the meeting.

Jake Allen probably wants it smooth and slick but then you end up with gate and go, not what the fans want.

It provides great entertainment all the time, so I would say Jamie keep doing what you're doing. Best race track in England! 

1 hour ago, gmarsbar2 said:

It seems to be a regular occurence that Redcar start slowly and finish strongly so presumably the track is set up similarly each week. You would think the home riders could find the right setup to begin the meeting.

Jake Allen probably wants it smooth and slick but then you end up with gate and go, not what the fans want.

It provides great entertainment all the time, so I would say Jamie keep doing what you're doing. Best race track in England! 

You have hit the nail on the head. Too many riders, ( Allen Sergeant and even Charles Wright, but he seems to be close to sorting it ) seem to be set up, with fast engines, for slick tracks and spinning up and going backwards, in the first half of the meeting. When the track slicks off, then they come to the fore, but you cannot, keep going 10 and 12 points behind and pulling it out of the fire. You would think, they could come up, with a set up to suit this. As you say, we either, alter the track ( go super slick ), or combat it with a set up. I know which way I would go. Bears   were exposed last night, with MPT and Jake Allen having off nights.