British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MartinBSN

Redcar Vs Leicester 10/09

18 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The home tac sub strikes again.

Really need to scrap the TS rule, if it’s to keep meetings close then their should be no limit to how many you can have if you go 8 points behind, but if clubs cannot afford to do that then scrap it, let’s be fair it favours the top heavy teams with out and out no 1’s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Great meeting,  well worth the £9.99 for the stream, I will buy again. 

Obviously the referee doesn't have any access to the video or he wouldn't have got the heat 12 wrong. You would think at most tracks it would be easy enough to have some from of photo finish available. It could be something as simple as a tripod mounted mobile photo videoing the finish line.

UK Speedway would have a man on the centre green, in line with the tapes, with an easel, some flip paper, and some 2B pencils to draw the finish....:D

18 hours ago, Berry9 said:

Redcar really do need to sort the track out before heat one,  it is so obvious to home supporters that the track preparation is affecting the teams performances, it's akin to scoring own goal every match.  Right now the home advantage is virtually non existent and even Jake Allen took to the centre green last night to have a dig about it.  I think Jamie Swales prepares a great looking  racing surface but I wonder if the team have any input beforehand, last night we were treated a wonder wheel extravaganza throughout the meeting that eventually altered the racing line just in time to salvation point

Another keyboard track curator with no credentials telling an experienced and highly regarded track man how to do his job. One rider out of 14 makes a comment, after he s had a very bad night and all of a sudden the track is crap ? A track that produces top class racing week in and week out and gets rave revues from both home and away riders every week. We have a team of racers who, unfortunately can’t seem to gate to save their lives, it makes for fantastic ‘ speedway ‘ hence why we have such a healthy crowd but if you want a home track advantage, go to Newcastle !

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Berry9 said:

Redcar really do need to sort the track out before heat one,  it is so obvious to home supporters that the track preparation is affecting the teams performances, it's akin to scoring own goal every match.  Right now the home advantage is virtually non existent and even Jake Allen took to the centre green last night to have a dig about it.  I think Jamie Swales prepares a great looking  racing surface but I wonder if the team have any input beforehand, last night we were treated a wonder wheel extravaganza throughout the meeting that eventually altered the racing line just in time to salvation point

What a crazy post from someone who knows nothing about doing tracks, nothing wrong with the track,  just not getting out of the gate with the away riders. Before you ask yes I do understand the art of track preparation.  Having done it for years.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Another keyboard track curator with no credentials telling an experienced and highly regarded track man how to do his job. One rider out of 14 makes a comment, after he s had a very bad night and all of a sudden the track is crap ? A track that produces top class racing week in and week out and gets rave revues from both home and away riders every week. We have a team of racers who, unfortunately can’t seem to gate to save their lives, it makes for fantastic ‘ speedway ‘ hence why we have such a healthy crowd but if you want a home track advantage, go to Newcastle !

Oh dear 4038, I fear you may need a trip to Spec savers, you obviously didn't read my post correctly.  I don't recall making disparaging remarks about the quality of the track preparation or the racing.  I was merely pointing out that it appears that it is prepared without the Input of the home riders.  I made my assumption due to the fact that unlike you my eyes do not deceive me as I saw members of the team pointing out to Jonathan Swales from the pit wall where they wanted the track altered throughout the meeting.  I was pointing out that it would be a good idea to have the track to their liking before racing commenced and not during the proceedings.  As for a home track advantage, I think it's rather essential when almost every other team enjoy it especially Leicester who only grade the inside line and they were the opposition after all. Finally let's discuss Newcastle and their home advantage.... did Jonathan Swales ever curate their track?, I don't know, you tell me

Edited by Berry9

5 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

What a crazy post from someone who knows nothing about doing tracks, nothing wrong with the track,  just not getting out of the gate with the away riders. Before you ask yes I do understand the art of track preparation.  Having done it for years.  

Please read my response to Fortythirtyeight.... I can't be arsed writing it again

Edited by Berry9

7 hours ago, Berry9 said:

Oh dear 4038, I fear you may need a trip to Spec savers, you obviously didn't read my post correctly.  I don't recall making disparaging remarks about the quality of the track preparation or the racing.  I was merely pointing out that it appears that it is prepared without the Input of the home riders.  I made my assumption due to the fact that unlike you my eyes do not deceive me as I saw members of the team pointing out to Jonathan Swales from the pit wall where they wanted the track altered throughout the meeting.  I was pointing out that it would be a good idea to have the track to their liking before racing commenced and not during the proceedings.  As for a home track advantage, I think it's rather essential when almost every other team enjoy it especially Leicester who only grade the inside line and they were the opposition after all. Finally let's discuss Newcastle and their home advantage.... did Jonathan Swales ever curate their track?, I don't know, you tell me

The riders are at the track over 2 hours before the meeting starts , some even more. Do you think they don’t talk to the track curator ? Just because you saw riders pointing doesn’t mean they were pointing out any specific ‘issues’ or where they ‘ wanted the track altered ‘, it’s quite normal that riders and track curators chat during a meeting and everyone has an opinion on how they would like it but it’s a club decision on track issues and it’s preparation and weather conditions come into play. Redcar have very rarely had any home track advantage especially as for the last 4 years they have had great track curators.

As for Newcastle it’s the shape that gives an advantage not the surface.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Berry9 said:

Birmingham have a really good home advantage , A track that's dangerous and one that might not see them come to the tapes next season . I must be in the minority because I have really enjoyed  having a fair race  track with no home advantage at Redcar especially this season where both teams can give it a go !! I'd rather watch close competitive meetings than see meetings that are basically over by heat 10 because of home advantage.                 Maybe british speedway wouldn't be in the state its in if all tracks were as fair.

• Like 1