British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

Just now, Rob B said:

current website address will switch over to new promotion on 1 November.

New website is  fimspeedway.com and already working.

Anyone using the old url will be redirected to this after the handover.

Have they definitely said Discovery Plus is the broadcast channel ?…..I know they have signed the deal with Eurosport Events which has rebranded Discovery Sports Events but have they said that puts it exclusively on Discovery plus  

55 minutes ago, Bruiser said:

Have they definitely said Discovery Plus is the broadcast channel ?…..I know they have signed the deal with Eurosport Events which has rebranded Discovery Sports Events but have they said that puts it exclusively on Discovery plus  

The presentation said Discovery's free to air linear tv channels for regular linear tv. 

Edited by Ghostwalker

5 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You don’t need Sky TV to watch Discovery Plus. On your smart tv, go to Google Play and search for Discovery plus. Download the app and you re ready to go. Took me 30 seconds.

But the question is, what channel are they going to show the GPS on? There is no Discovery Plus Channel that I know of so it could be streaming service only for the live speedway GP, re shown in a highlights package on Eurosport afterwards.

You actually do get a ton of stuff to watch, like every episode of Salvage Hunters going back 15 years if that floats your boat. 18 channels in total for just over a quid a week.

Looking at my TV I have it there already on the recommended apps.. Still annoying though. I rarely watch a GP live from the beginning. I hope it has a "From the start" option.

There may be some good ideas being put forward, but this is another downgrade for speedway in my opinion in terms of profile.

Sky Sports to BT was slightly lower profile. Then the league went BT to Eurosport. Another downgrade.

Now we have Discovery plus. What the hell is Discovery Plus? At least I've heard of the other 3 chanels! Looking forward to the move to DMAX in a few years so I can record it again!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Two meetings at Cardiff ?

First mistake.  Should have the British GP at Belle Vue and dump boring Cardiff

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, R87 said:

First mistake.  Should have the British GP at Belle Vue and dump boring Cardiff

I think that around 40,000 people might hold a different opinion regarding Cardiff! ;)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I think that around 40,000 people might hold a different opinion regarding Cardiff! ;)

I have to be honest whenever I've done Cardiff I've thought I'll give that a miss the next year or two. Many do I know but I don't enjoy the whole experience, only bothered about the meeting.

I'm hoping this Discovery plus is a little more accessible than it sounds. If the highlights are definitely being shown on Eurosport I'll settle for that at the mo.

Get shot of BT Sport asap too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, crumpiefan said:

I'm hoping this Discovery plus is a little more accessible than it sounds. If the highlights are definitely being shown on Eurosport I'll settle for that at the mo.

Get shot of BT Sport asap too.

thats easy last one tonight i believe 

5 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Apart from SON this month

forgot that