British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

Doesn't look like the GP next weekend is being shown on Eurosport 2 as suggested. They have PGA golf from Mexico starting at 7.30pm with replays of Motocross and Formula E before that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Doesn't look like the GP next weekend is being shown on Eurosport 2 as suggested. They have PGA golf from Mexico starting at 7.30pm with replays of Motocross and Formula E before that. 

Can’t wait for Skidder to post 

Edited by racers and royals
  • Haha 1

Who is surprised? We all know EUROSPORT and how "reliable" they have been with their Speedway coverage in the past. 

However, if you look on Discovery+ listings it does show it being on Eurosport 2, however it doesn't say which particular Eurosport 2 channel, it doesn't actually specify the British Eurosport 2. I guess it will be a surprise on the day....

image.thumb.png.ef3da2085cece251302c3a4b27c1453a.png

38 minutes ago, rusky said:

However, if you look on Discovery+ listings it does show it being on Eurosport 2, however it doesn't say which particular Eurosport 2 channel, it doesn't actually specify the British Eurosport 2. I guess it will be a surprise on the day....

image.thumb.png.ef3da2085cece251302c3a4b27c1453a.png

Checking again I think perhaps this could be correct. 

I was looking at Eurosport's website which is different to Eurosport UK. Going by today's schedule, the Eurosport website says that Eurosport 2 is showing Golf from 9.30pm whereas Eurosport UK is showing replays of Superbikes and Cycling. The golf is on Sky in the UK so I assume only they have the rights which would leave Eurosport 2 free to show the GP. 

4 hours ago, The Cheese said:

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/watch/speedway/

Looks like the GP will be on Eurosport 2 with qualifying and 15 minutes extra coverage at the end available on Discovery+

Yeah i fast forwarded 7 days to next Saturday on the Eurosport 2 planner and it's now showing on there :t:

• Like 2

Following the very sad passing of Nigel 'the voice of speedway' Pearson, has there been any news regarding who will be commentating?

I sincerely hope Kelv stays on, but he may not wish to continue without his dear friend Nigel.

I can't find anything on the web...

3 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Following the very sad passing of Nigel 'the voice of speedway' Pearson, has there been any news regarding who will be commentating?

I sincerely hope Kelv stays on, but he may not wish to continue without his dear friend Nigel.

I suspect nothing will be announced in advance, find out on Saturday. My guess would be Chris Louis but purely a guess.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

We might have a stand in on Saturday ahead of a formal announcement after Nigel's funeral has taken place.

But if anyone is listening, what about our own Dave Goddard? Very knowledgeable, personable and engages with his audience well.

• Like 2

On 4/21/2022 at 11:25 AM, PragueMagpie said:

For those of us in a country where there’s no television broadcaster, does anyone know if it will still be available to watch on YouTube ?

I would certainly hope so! For a while, it was done via the SGP website, and then switched to YouTube, so I have no reason to suspect that we would be deprived of it this year.