racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

6 minutes ago, CrazyMadTom said:

Anybody know if SGP2 is going to be live on eurosport, nothing down anywhere

Doesn’t look like it, tennis is on instead 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, CrazyMadTom said:

Anybody know if SGP2 is going to be live on eurosport, nothing down anywhere

It's being shown live on a bonus channel via the app. 

1 hour ago, Noodles said:

It's being shown live on a bonus channel via the app. 

When you say available via the app..... is that the Discovery+ app or what ?????

35 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

When you say available via the app..... is that the Discovery+ app or what ?????

Yes it looks like Eurosport are showing it live on one of their bonus channels which you can get via Discovery Plus/Eurosport Player.  

15 hours ago, Noodles said:

Yes it looks like Eurosport are showing it live on one of their bonus channels which you can get via Discovery Plus/Eurosport Player.  

Basically that means it is the same as last year's SEC, where those of use who pay for Eurosport as part of a TV package will not be able to watch unless we pay them twice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, someone said:

Basically that means it is the same as last year's SEC, where those of use who pay for Eurosport as part of a TV package will not be able to watch unless we pay them twice.

I am expecting the Cardiff round 2 to be live  on Eurosport 

I was in Barcelona at the weekend and the hotel had German Eurosport on the TV stations available. Throughout  all the cycling coverage there was a lot of Speedway promos for Prague and Teterow

23 minutes ago, Watkins said:

Sky q box says live speedway Saturday eurosport 2

No one doubted it- it`s the GP 2 which isn`t live on Eurosport UK tomorrow evening.

Well, that's the first season of the "new era" under Discovery Sports Events... and I'm far from impressed. They seem to have taken the sport back about 20 years! They've lost most of their major sponsors, crowds appear to be amongst the lowest we've ever seen for a GP series, some badly prepared tracks, they've almost killed Cardiff, the racing has generally been, I'll be polite, forgettable, series wrapped up before the final GP, incomprehensible scoring system, no Aussie GP and Russian GP (understandable), neither were replaced in the calendar. Terrible TV coverage often missing the racing when there was some, inaccurate and random captions, horrible noise over EVERY replay.

Still the pits look nice and some people have said they've enjoyed the post meeting fireworks!

• Like 5

They promised a lot, but delivered very little. My interest in the SGP series has never been less than this year.

• Like 1

They're doing a great job in getting us back to the one off World Final :D

26 minutes ago, Lefty said:

They're doing a great job in getting us back to the one off World Final :D

Suits me sir 

• Like 2

I'm beginning to realise that "speedway fans" actually aren't interested in "speedway". They just want everything their way - the way it was 60 years ago... :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chunky said:

I'm beginning to realise that "speedway fans" actually aren't interested in "speedway". They just want everything their way - the way it was 60 years ago... :(

Please don’t include me in your not interested in speedway group. I am very interested in speedway but just found it more enjoyable in the 60’s and 70’s. I am not alone in holding this view.

• Like 1