British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

14 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

from BT 

Following a detailed process to identify the best way to generate investment and strengthen our Sports business, BT Group today announced that it has entered exclusive discussions with Discovery, Inc.  on a deal to create a new sport and entertainment offering for customers in the UK.

The new business would be a 50/50 joint venture, bringing together BT Sport with Eurosport UK. The new combined business would remain committed to retaining BT Sport’s existing major sports broadcast rights while BT Sport customers would get access to Discovery’s sport and entertainment content, including the discovery+ app.

BT Group are aiming to conclude the exclusive discussions with Discovery, Inc. in early Q1 for the new company to be operational later this year, subject to completion of the deal and approval by the relevant competition authorities.

Marc Allera, CEO BT Consumer, said: “The proposed joint venture with Discovery, Inc. would create an exciting new sports broadcasting entity for the UK and would act as a perfect home for our BT Sport business. With a shared ambition for growth, as well as the combination of our world class sports assets along with Discovery’s premium sports and entertainment content, our customers will benefit from even more content in more places.”

All   with an extra cost to  cost to consumers of course.

If that is referring to todays news it says “for the new company to be operational later this year” (3rd para).

Just joined up with Discovery+ for the next 12 months at the £29.99 price.

It's a good deal at £2.50 per month, picture quality on my iPad is great, I will try on my tv via Roku later.

I really pleased with the quality of viewing with Discovery+, bveen watching 2021 lay off BV v Peterborough, the Winter Olympics through a Roku box to my non smart bedroom Tv. Unfortunately lining to my LG smart tv in the living room is problematic, a known problem to Discovery that they wi hopefully sort in the future, just a heads up for those with LG tvs.

For a busy family, up to 5 devices can be used simultaneously. Discovery must recognise the Wi-Fi, so inside a home a mixture of tv, iPad, tablets, phones, laptop, pc all can be used at the same time, u to 5 units.

The £29.99 per year offer runs out 20 th February, then it is £59.99

Edited by OveFundinFan

Thank you for the info. Do you know if it can be moved between WiFi networks as we would want to watch either at home or when we go to our caravan? Cheers

Just been on the Discovery+ and it seems you ok logging into a Wi-Fi away from home in the uk. You will need your account details with you. Also showed a comprehensive list of what is compatible. For phones, tablets, pc, there is an app. I use the Rocku box I have, get a Roku Express for about £28.

• Like 1

I was very dubious about Discovery+ but I'm quite impressed with it.

I got it for the 29.99 annual deal and watched the Australian Open with it. I was able to select whichever match I wanted and watch either Live or from the beginning. Plus there is live Eurosport on there and some film and documentaries for good measure.

It also has all last season's live Speedway from Eurosport on there to watch again.

I'd definitely choose it over just having Eurosport.

Should I be able to get discovery + app on my Amazon fire ok? Been reading some are having problems with different devices and TVs. I'm quite happy watching on the fire if I can get it on there

1 hour ago, bruno said:

Should I be able to get discovery + app on my Amazon fire ok? Been reading some are having problems with different devices and TVs. I'm quite happy watching on the fire if I can get it on there

Yes no problem. I already have it downloaded on Cube and Stick. 

• Like 1

I used to have the firestick 4K but since I went to nvidia shield it has been money well spent and can watch in 4 k with no buffering whatsoever. I also use my I pad when out and about to watch live sport with my cellular connection at £16 a month unlimited but not as good as a hard wired wi fi.Good if you are in a caravan with no Wi-Fi available and out and about.

For those interested watching the 2022 Speedway GP’s on Discovery+ do remember the £29.99 pa offer ends 20th February, then it returns to its normal £59.99 pa.

What I have noticed whilst watching Olympics on Discovery+ is the commentary can get way ahead of the actual vision.      
Typically in Ski X and Short Track Speed Skating. The races can be 2-3 minutes in length, but the commentary declares fallers/winners sometimes as much as 20 seconds ahead of the viewer seeing it. Weird.            
Hope that doesn’t happen in speedway, I don’t want to know the winner when they still on the second corner of lap 4.

Edited by OveFundinFan

Just downloaded apps on phone and tablet, just building the courage up to sign up. I've read bad reviews about the app but at £29.99 it's worth a go I think

On 10/10/2021 at 7:04 PM, f-s-p said:

BSI/IMG

:approve: