British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

as an interested onlooker...are MONSTER still sponsoring as there seems a noticeable lack of their logo around the events ?

On 2/6/2022 at 7:55 AM, OveFundinFan said:

I really pleased with the quality of viewing with Discovery+, bveen watching 2021 lay off BV v Peterborough, the Winter Olympics through a Roku box to my non smart bedroom Tv. Unfortunately lining to my LG smart tv in the living room is problematic, a known problem to Discovery that they wi hopefully sort in the future, just a heads up for those with LG tvs.

For a busy family, up to 5 devices can be used simultaneously. Discovery must recognise the Wi-Fi, so inside a home a mixture of tv, iPad, tablets, phones, laptop, pc all can be used at the same time, u to 5 units.

The £29.99 per year offer runs out 20 th February, then it is £59.99

What I did is join for £29,99. Then cancelled, then won't get charged £59.99 next year. As I'm with bt I'm hoping there will be a deal done by next season. Do we known if discovery plus are showing polish or swedish league ? And is all British league pn discovery plus ? 

I am similar to you in that my contract with BT will be up in January 2023. It’s going to be difficult, BT are one of the most expensive broadband providers and to have tv but only seriously watch MotoGP/2/3 makes it an expensive package.  With the increase in gas, electricity, council tax, petrol, food etc life’s choices are going to be under pressure.  If Discovery+ join with BT and the BT price doesn’t increase then having MotoGP and speedway GP on the same platform might be ok.

Today I am watching Discovery+ via Roku in my bedroom live Olympic skating and also got up on my iPad Discovery+ App showing Olympic curling, still in my bedroom.  Both devices showing very clear sports events. 
Half price annual offer ends tomorrow 20th Feb

18 hours ago, Beercellar1966 said:

Lucky I've a Samsung tv that has the discovery plus app. Olympics is good. Great picture

i use xbox one i always use app on there, i hope discovery plus will have that???

On 2/19/2022 at 9:04 AM, Beercellar1966 said:

What I did is join for £29,99. Then cancelled, then won't get charged £59.99 next year. As I'm with bt I'm hoping there will be a deal done by next season. Do we known if discovery plus are showing polish or swedish league ? And is all British league pn discovery plus ? 

How did you cancel? I've just gone into account and it's asked for email and password but says incorrect so I can't turn off auto renew. It's still letting me watch stuff. Thanks

Does it tell you which is incorrect….. your email or password. Of those two it’s usually the password (assuming you know your email) me usually allows you to reset the password…. After pressing a button.  Or have you used an email address you don’t usually use and forgot.?

As our smart LG tv in the lounge won’t accept Discovery app tonight I connected the ROKU box I use on the bedroom non smart tv onto the LG tv. The ROKU box has the Discovery+ app on it and it worked ok on the LG, so I am going to buy one of the latest ROKU boxes that does 4K to get the best out of the TV ROKU combination.

Edited by OveFundinFan

19 hours ago, bruno said:

How did you cancel? I've just gone into account and it's asked for email and password but says incorrect so I can't turn off auto renew. It's still letting me watch stuff. Thanks

If you go to the Discovery+ site on a web browser, click on your account and "Manage your account", then press "cancel".

I have done this as I'm not sure what is happening next year. Also, if they are showing speedway next year then it is easy to re-subscribe. If they do another £29.99 deal (or similar) for the Australian Open again then it is probably easy to re-join on another email.

I can get it on my main TV but not on other TVs as I have Now TV USB sticks which don't get Discovery+. I'm thinking of getting a Roku stick, although at the moment I do have a rather good excuse to say that I need to watch the big telly in the front room!

As I went to cancel my Eurosport Player subscription yesterday, they offered me another 12 months for £19.99 so I have done that.   Not sure when they are turning it off but if it's during the next 12 months hopefully they will port me over to Discovery Plus.

Do you get Speedway GP on Eurosport Player?  I know you get World Superbikes. MotoGP/2/3 is on BTSport, and Discovery+ has SpeedwayGP. That’s how I see it.

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Do you get Speedway GP on Eurosport Player?  I know you get World Superbikes. MotoGP/2/3 is on BTSport, and Discovery+ has SpeedwayGP. That’s how I see it.

The 'sport' in Discovery's Entertainment & Sport package is the same content as Eurosport Player.  At the moment the apps co-exist but eventually Discovery will turn off Eurosport Player.  New subscribers can only subscribe to Discovery Plus but it seems legacy subscribers to Eurosport Player can still renew with that, which I was surprised about. 

Togliatti GP must be doubtful now and still no word of the Oceania GP. Could be down to 10 rounds, 4 of which are in Poland, not a good look for a world series but I guess money talks.

1 hour ago, eric i said:

Togliatti GP must be doubtful now and still no word of the Oceania GP. Could be down to 10 rounds, 4 of which are in Poland, not a good look for a world series but I guess money talks.

My contacts in Aussie said absolutely no chance...interesting that nothing has been said..I would surmise that 2023 will see something..but its a problem where to hold it and with the travel costs being so high I would think that any possible destination would have to be combined with at least 2 other venues....its a huge gamble and thus far I would doubt that no event has washed its face

Edited by spiegal

I fear we may be in for a tough time trying to watch our sport this coming year. Its obvious that there are significant issues with Discovery + as a service, with very mixed results on their output and support. Its noticeable, as mentioned previously, that there is no sports offering on the SKY version of the Discovery + app and it doesn't appear to be coming to that any time soon, if at all. I was quite interested to read the reviews of the Discovery + service on Trustpilot that were relating to the Australian Open tennis that has recently been on, and the issues that were encountered in terms of lack of broadcast, lack of graphics and lack of commentary. I cannot believe that Discovery + won't take some of that criticism on board given that their current rating on trust pilot is 86% Bad, and hopefully that may help us in the not too distant future. (these reviews are for the UK service - not sure if its the same elsewhere)

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.discoveryplus.co.uk

Think I will stick with my Iptv.