British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

I doubt anyone will be watching the Russian GP on discovery +. F1 have cancelled their Russian GP and Champions League final moved to Paris.

• Like 1

and Russia have been excluded from the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest.
Russia are so keen to win at sport, cheating has been rife, and even when Russian sports people cannot wear Russian colours etc (in the recent winter Olympics the Russians were representing “the Russian Olympic Committee”), and even then in the Ladies ice skating that young girl had been found of taking drugs (maybe not her fault). This shows even when banned they deem it worthwhile to cheat. For the “fatherland”.

Not only should the Speedway GP due in Togliatti be cancelled, but Russian riders should be excluded from all the 2022 world championship GP’s, and yes that means Artum and Emil.  What Poland speedway does will be interesting as well, I can see all Russians being excluded from the Polish league.

Edit…… just heard Manchester United cancelled sponsorship from Aeroflot, worth millions.

Edited by OveFundinFan
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

and Russia have been excluded from the 2022 Eurovision Song Contest.
Russia are so keen to win at sport, cheating has been rife, and even when Russian sports people cannot wear Russian colours etc (in the recent winter Olympics the Russians were representing “the Russian Olympic Committee”), and even then in the Ladies ice skating that young girl had been found of taking drugs (maybe not her fault). This shows even when banned they deem it worthwhile to cheat. For the “fatherland”.

Not only should the Speedway GP due in Togliatti be cancelled, but Russian riders should be excluded from all the 2022 world championship GP’s, and yes that means Artum and Emil.  What Poland speedway does will be interesting as well, I can see all Russians being excluded from the Polish league.

Wow, Putin will be so scared by that threat he will withdraw immediately

i am not bothered what country they represent, they didn't officially represent Russia last season, i just want to see the best riders perform

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

i am not bothered what country they represent, they didn't officially represent Russia last season, i just want to see the best riders perform

Don’t we all, that’s a natural viewpoint of speedway supporters, or indeed supporters of any sport.            
However, no single country, nor NATO, is going to put their army against Russia, but the people in Ukraine, ordainary people like you and me, are suffering and will suffer more for every one of them that dies.  So other means have to be taken to show that the world detests what they have done. Russia, and Putin, like their sporting heros, especially world beaters. Hence Olympic champions, World champions etc are highly prized. So just like all the other restrictions heaped upon Russia, it is hoped the effects the restrictions will get them to think is it worth it and change their ways.  Action now may prevent world war 3.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Don’t we all, that’s a natural viewpoint of speedway supporters, or indeed supporters of any sport.            
However, no single country, nor NATO, is going to put their army against Russia, but the people in Ukraine, ordainary people like you and me, are suffering and will suffer more for every one of them that dies.  So other means have to be taken to show that the world detests what they have done. Russia, and Putin, like their sporting heros, especially world beaters. Hence Olympic champions, World champions etc are highly prized. So just like all the other restrictions heaped upon Russia, it is hoped the effects the restrictions will get them to think is it worth it and change their ways.  Action now may prevent world war 3.

The correct action, against the correct people, i agree, just dont think these two are the correct people

UEFA have withdrawn the Champions League final from Russia, and stopped any more matches being played there.

FIA have cancelled the Russian F1 GP

The IOC has requested all governing bodies to withdraw events from Russia.

And what are the FIM doing apart from sitting on their thumbs? No news yet about the destiny of the SGP in Togliatti. Will it go ahead, or won't it? When will we ever know?

13 hours ago, The Third Man said:

The correct action, against the correct people, i agree, just dont think these two are the correct people

It is not an “attack” on any rider, it’s denying Putin the prestige he gets when a Russian does anything to boost Russia on any world stage.
 I wouldn’t be surprised if some top riders are uneasy, maybe the Poles, Swedish, Finnish, Chech, Slovak, Latvians. Some of those countries are deemed to be potential targets of Russia in a wider future long term plans.           

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

Just read on news…. Football…. Poland is refusing to play Russia in a World Cup qualifier.

It's not inconceivable that the Russian riders will be barred from racing in the SGP next season on that basis.  

• Like 1

I think a GP at BV would show amazing racing, overtaking galore.

Depends whether the low crowd capacity would be a stumbler.

1 hour ago, MattB said:

It's not inconceivable that the Russian riders will be barred from racing in the SGP next season on that basis.  

I would think that the PZM would be willing to give them Polish licences. I imagine that Russia will be banned from SoN and other FIM team competitions though.

35 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I would think that the PZM would be willing to give them Polish licences. I imagine that Russia will be banned from SoN and other FIM team competitions though.

They don't always turn up anyway.

19 hours ago, The Third Man said:

So do I but Countries need to stick together re sanctions against Russia.  I will be at Cardiff and would like to watch Sayfutinov and Laguta but in the circumstances if the war is still ongoing I don't think they should ride, if they do and should one of them win the GP I will not be cheering or staying for the presentations.

• Like 3

"In view of the tremendously sad and troubling events in Ukraine, the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM), the world governing body for motorcycle sport, together with Discovery Sports Events, promoter of the FIM Speedway Grand Prix series, confirm that in the current circumstances it is not possible to hold the FIM Speedway GP of MFR – Togliatti originally set to take place on July 9."

https://www.fimspeedway.com/statement-fim-speedway-gp-of-mfr-togliatti/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1