British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

and now Roman Abramovich has handed over “stewardship and care” of Chelsea football club to its charitable foundation.

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Now Sweden have refused to play football World Cup round with Russia.

Along with Poland,

Just got to wait and see how much Russia give to FIFA, to see if Russia get a bye now to the finals

Apparently the F.A. have stated that they will not play against Russia in any competition for the foreseeable future. :approve:

Good for them. :approve:

• Like 3

On 2/26/2022 at 8:12 PM, The Third Man said:

Along with Poland,

Just got to wait and see how much Russia give to FIFA, to see if Russia get a bye now to the finals

So it looks like Russia will be allowed to play football under another name with no national anthem or flags

It looks like FIFA are still getting money from Russia for giving them the world cup, and looking at Sweden's, Poland's and the Czech Republics decision not to play against Russia this gives Russia a bye into the finals

All the worlds Football Associations need to come out as one and say that they will not play Russia

Hopefully this will be the end of FIFA in its present state

Edited by The Third Man
  • Like 2

4 out the 10 GPs in Poland and his 2 main rivals out the running Zmarzlik will have one hand on the trophy. Series has gone flat before its started.

• Like 2

Confirmed field with riding numbers

95. Bartosz Zmarzlik (Polska)
71. Maciej Janowski (Polska)
66. Fredrik Lindgren (Szwecja)
108. Tai Woffinden (Wielka Brytania)
30. Leon Madsen (Dania)
46. Max Fricke (Australia)
69. Jason Doyle (Australia)
505. Robert Lambert (Wielka Brytania)
105. Anders Thomsen (Dania)
54. Martin Vaculik (Słowacja)
323. Pawel Przedpelski (Polska)
155. Mikkel Michelsen (Dania)
692. Patryk Dudek (Polska)
25. Jack Holder (Australia)
99. Dan Bewley (Wielka Brytania)

On 3/7/2022 at 5:24 PM, eric i said:

4 out the 10 GPs in Poland and his 2 main rivals out the running Zmarzlik will have one hand on the trophy. Series has gone flat before its started.

I don’t think Freddie and Leon would agree with you. Freddie has struggled with the after-effects of Covid but now feeling better, and Leon reckons his injuries affecting him last year have subsided. Tai may wake up too.

Edited by OveFundinFan

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

I don’t think Freddie and Leon would agree with you. Freddie has struggled with the after-effects of Covid but now feeling better, and Leon reckons his injuries affecting him last year have subsided. Tai may wake up too.

I hope your right but Zmarzlik finished 60points in front of his next rival and his beloved Gorzow is back on the calendar.

I think Jack Holder and Dan Bewley will be steady in the GPs, maybe upset someone’s Apple cart on occasion, but for sure they not going to set the world on fire in their first year. It took Anderson Thomson until the last few rounds to get some consistency, and Robert Lambert too… and he has had some experience before last year.

The cries go out “we want new riders in the series”, well you got them, two youngsters who are the future, albeit the future come a bit sooner due to some mad person on Moscow.

At least Dan and Jack won’t have to face the World number 1 and 3. That’s a couple of extra points maybe.

Has there been any further news on the broadcasting of the SGP series?

As it stands I have Sky but I think its Sky+ not Sky Q.......I've downloaded Eurosport Player just in case although logging into that ******* is a nightmare.

Any updates?

1 hour ago, crumpiefan said:

Has there been any further news on the broadcasting of the SGP series?

As it stands I have Sky but I think its Sky+ not Sky Q.......I've downloaded Eurosport Player just in case although logging into that ******* is a nightmare.

Any updates?

You missed the Discovery+ half price offer….. £29.99 for 12 months.

38 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

You missed the Discovery+ half price offer….. £29.99 for 12 months.

My understanding is that if you subscribe to Sky Q then Discovery+ is included for the first 12 months.  Don't  know after that.

Just Googled this from Sky

We've partnered exclusively with Discovery to offer all Sky Q customers access to the new discovery+ streaming service at no extra cost for 12 months.