British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

23 minutes ago, SPD444 said:

Just Googled this from Sky

We've partnered exclusively with Discovery to offer all Sky Q customers access to the new discovery+ streaming service at no extra cost for 12 months.

This doesn’t include sports, so I cancelled mine and took out the full service for £29.99 when the offer was on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim G said:

This doesn’t include sports, so I cancelled mine and took out the full service for £29.99 when the offer was on.

and I am not with Sky anyway. I joined BT because they put fast fibre to the house where I live. I went from 1.3mbps (max) to 150mbps. They had sole distribution for 12+months plus some I think. Contract expires end of Jan 2023. Of course last year BT did the Speedway gp’s.

2 hours ago, Tim G said:

Yes. Sport not included.

Thankyou for the replies, doesn't it sound a faff! Looks like I'll miss out then, if it means having to get a new/different Sky box I'll probably pass.......happy to pay the £59.99 per year but don't want to start messing with new Sky products/subscriptions.

They don't make it particularly accessible do they!

Amazon fire stick is hardly a massive upgrade.

plug into your tv,  that will give you access to Discovery sports app.

then £59.99 all gp’s  and more.

as for your sky subs your not touching that.

Edited by AndySwindon

You say you are happy to pay £59.99 per year.......... do you mean you would pay that to get Discovery+ ????  You dont need Sky subscription to get DIscovery+, nor BT, nor Now

4 hours ago, crumpiefan said:

Thankyou for the replies, doesn't it sound a faff! Looks like I'll miss out then, if it means having to get a new/different Sky box I'll probably pass.......happy to pay the £59.99 per year but don't want to start messing with new Sky products/subscriptions.

They don't make it particularly accessible do they!

If you have a smart TV download the Discovery Plus app, alternatively buy a Firestick or Roku.

2 hours ago, Noodles said:

If you have a smart TV download the Discovery Plus app, alternatively buy a Firestick or Roku.

Hopefully I don't sound thick (too late!) but I have no idea if my TV is a smart TV or not, I looked on my PS4 for the Discovery Plus app but couldn't see anything. 

Edit.....just playing around with my TV so see how that goes!

Edited by crumpiefan

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

You say you are happy to pay £59.99 per year.......... do you mean you would pay that to get Discovery+ ????  You dont need Sky subscription to get DIscovery+, nor BT, nor Now

Yes I'd be prepared to pay that to watch the GP's, just finding it less than easy to actually do it. Can't find the app anywhere on my TV or PS4 so its the actual getting it I'm finding a struggle.

Edit......having a play with my TV so see how we go with that!

Edited by crumpiefan

What make tv is it?  I got my Disc+ then found out it’s not compatible with LG television.           
You may have to add the app to your tv, don’t know anything about PS4.             
if you get the app you will be able to have a week trial but then it’s pay for.           
Other ways to get it, still have to pay for it though……….          
If you got a smart phone or tablet you can get Discovery+ app, it will play but a bit small so you can cast it to the tv with Chromecast device that plugs into HDMI on your tv. Chromecast device is about £35. Plus you still need to pay for Disc+.    
Or                
buy a Roku box. I got one off eBay “unused but open box” for £32 instead of about £60. You can get the Disc+ app on that, but still need to pay. If you decide on Roku I can tell you which Roku box to get.   Having Roku box gives you access to loads of apps which you may, or may not, find good.    

Not seen any free way, sorry

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

What make tv is it?  I got my Disc+ then found out it’s not compatible with LG television.           
You may have to add the app to your tv, don’t know anything about PS4.             
if you get the app you will be able to have a week trial but then it’s pay for.           
Other ways to get it, still have to pay for it though……….          
If you got a smart phone or tablet you can get Discovery+ app, it will play but a bit small so you can cast it to the tv with Chromecast device that plugs into HDMI on your tv. Chromecast device is about £35. Plus you still need to pay for Disc+.    
Or                
buy a Roku box. I got one off eBay “unused but open box” for £32 instead of about £60. You can get the Disc+ app on that, but still need to pay. If you decide on Roku I can tell you which Roku box to get.   Having Roku box gives you access to loads of apps which you may, or may not, find good.    

Not seen any free way, sorry

Thanks, its a Sony smart TV. Just been playing with the TV, found some apps on it like Youtube (previously I did everything through my PS4) so I linked my wifi to the smart tv and Youtube works fine.

I believe Sony is a compatible brand judging by the Discovery plus website so that shouldn't be a problem. The problem I have is as simple as how to get it onto my TV as the app list on it doesn't seem to have an 'add' facility.

Tbh I don't want to play it on my phone or tablet, nor get a box/device (though thanks for info).

I can see how to sign up through Google Play (ie the free 7 day trial) but its the accessing it on the TV I'm struggling with.

If it is literally a case of me needing add ons or plug in devices to watch it on the TV I'll probably admit defeat.

Maybe ask the question on Google or ask on YouTube…… “How do I add an app on my Sony (model) tv”

22 minutes ago, crumpiefan said:

Thanks, its a Sony smart TV. Just been playing with the TV, found some apps on it like Youtube (previously I did everything through my PS4) so I linked my wifi to the smart tv and Youtube works fine.

I believe Sony is a compatible brand judging by the Discovery plus website so that shouldn't be a problem. The problem I have is as simple as how to get it onto my TV as the app list on it doesn't seem to have an 'add' facility.

Tbh I don't want to play it on my phone or tablet, nor get a box/device (though thanks for info).

I can see how to sign up through Google Play (ie the free 7 day trial) but its the accessing it on the TV I'm struggling with.

If it is literally a case of me needing add ons or plug in devices to watch it on the TV I'll probably admit defeat.

I have a Sony Bravia Smart TV.

Hit the Home button on your remote control and scroll down to your apps.  You will see an app called Google Play Store .  Hit that and you'll find all the apps available for your TV (which is android not Apple).  You may need to 'search' for Discovery+ but it's on there as I've downloaded the app onto my telly no problem.

Simples innit :t:

p.s. you could've also just looked up how to do it by using the Help which is shown as a rather large '?' at the bottom of the Home screen.

Edited by chris4gillian

4 minutes ago, chris4gillian said:

I have a Sony Bravia Smart TV.

Hit the Home button on your remote control and scroll down to your apps.  You will see an app called Google Play Store .  Hit that and you'll find all the apps available for your TV (which is android not Apple).  You may need to 'search' for Discovery+ but it's on there as I've downloaded the app onto my telly no problem.

Simples innit :t:

p.s. you could've also just looked up how to do it by using the Help which is shown as a rather large '?' at the bottom of the Home screen.

I'd already done that, there are only 10 apps on there and Google Play isn't on there unfortunately, neither is there a search facility nor the '?' on the Home screen.