Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

Just now, crumpiefan said:

Yes, you're right, there are options and thankyou for explaining them, same as Ove Fundin Fan, it is appreciated.

I don't have Sky Q and in all honesty I have to admit I've reached the point where I just think its not worth it to buy a firestick or a Chromecast purely to watch the GPs, my feeling now is somewhat 'oh I can't be bothered any more, why not just broadcast the damn thing in an 'orthodox' way.

As I've mentioned earlier, the new promoters seem to be making it less and less accessible, or at least less 'in your face' which I find puzzling........it will make a marginal sport even more marginalised.

But genuinely, thanks for all the help.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, crumpiefan said:

I don't have Sky Q and in all honesty I have to admit I've reached the point where I just think its not worth it to but a firestick or a Chromecast purely to watch the GPs

The thing to remember is that the cost of a Chromecast is minimal, and you can actually use it for a lot more than just the GP's. Possibly the best $35 I've ever spent!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chunky said:

The thing to remember is that the cost of a Chromecast is minimal, and you can actually use it for a lot more than just the GP's. Possibly the best $35 I've ever spent!

I'm sure it is, but as speedway is (now) the sole reason, its just too much of a pallava to be perfectly honest.

I might then need another adaptor or another splitter as my HDMI ports are all being used and I just think oh stuff this, too much trouble for 20 odd heats, I'll watch highlights days or weeks later.

9 hours ago, chunky said:

I agree, we have 4 Chromecasts and each one is used a lot!

• Like 1

I have Sky Q and a Sony top of the range TV with built in Play store etc etc, so explain to me I have Eurosports channels as they are free on my package I also have BT Sports package, Netflix and all that shizzle!

So I have the Discovery app on my TV,  so are we saying then that all live Speedway is going to be shown on this Discovery streaming channel and that current Sky Q customers can get 12 months free but doesn't include the sport? If not what is the cost of this?

Also I saw someone mention Eurosport as airing the live Speedway as well as that is free to me does no one no what this is going to be on for definite as it all seems a little vague and stupid to me, I cannot see this attracting anyone new to the sports if you have to jump through hoops and pay more just for Speedway.

Appreciate any replies thanks.

On 3/16/2022 at 8:27 AM, chris4gillian said:

There's a whole host of other ways you could watch the GP's on your older tv...

The app can be downloaded to a PS4 or PS5 (and Xbox I assume).  The app is on Sky Q.  Download the app to a mobile device (such as an IPad or iPhone) and cast it to your telly by way of a Chromecast.  Buy a Firestick (from Amazon or Argos) and download the app.  Download the app to your laptop and cast it to your telly by way of a Chromecast.

Surely you can do one of those!

I would go the extra expense and go for a Nvidia shield pro and never have a problem with streaming. If you go down the firestick route do not overload it and do your maintenance.A good app is Def Squid for cleaning etc.Good Luck

53 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

I have Sky Q and a Sony top of the range TV with built in Play store etc etc, so explain to me I have Eurosports channels as they are free on my package I also have BT Sports package, Netflix and all that shizzle!

So I have the Discovery app on my TV,  so are we saying then that all live Speedway is going to be shown on this Discovery streaming channel and that current Sky Q customers can get 12 months free but doesn't include the sport? If not what is the cost of this?

Also I saw someone mention Eurosport as airing the live Speedway as well as that is free to me does no one no what this is going to be on for definite as it all seems a little vague and stupid to me, I cannot see this attracting anyone new to the sports if you have to jump through hoops and pay more just for Speedway.

Appreciate any replies thanks.

As far as i can ascertain the Premiership will remain on Eurosport but the GP`s/SON will be live on the  Discovery  plus streaming Channel but highlights might appear on Eurosport later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I Think lot of speedway fans around the world will get more popular, news on websites every and lot on YouTube as well.

and young kids think like see speedway on the game like F1 & MotoGP.

Hello gang, I don’t make a habit of posting here these days but I thought my input ‘might’ hopefully be useful to a few of the visitors to this site to help clarify..

[Having historically been an Exeter and subsequently Somerset supporter I now find myself without a club again, **** happens right.]

For 2022

1. I’ve signed up for the BSN streaming service (£109) https://watch.britishspeedway.co.uk/ and can use the browser on my XBOX to view all of the Championship content on that service. I assume there’d be no issue doing the same from the web browser on a playstation. I’ve bookmarked the site and left it signed in. It works seamlessly as I’ve watched the rider interviews the BSN have posted pre-season. This gets me 35 or so Championship meetings, Live and Catch-Up in full on my TV. Yay.

2. I’ve bought a ‘Chromecast with TV’ dongle from Argos for £59.99 (which is about what I’d have spent on ONE night of Speedway at Somerset factoring in travel costs, alcoholic drinks -I wasn’t driving- entrance fees and a bag of chips). Once I’d plugged that into my TV’s HDMI port and then searched for the discovery+ app on the Play Store (tip: dictate ‘open play store’ in Chromecast) and downloaded that. I signed up for one year of Discovery+ which cost me £59.99 for the Annual Sub, signed into the Discovery+ app I downloaded on Chromecast and job done. This means I can watch Eurosport full coverage of the 2022 GP’s AND the Premiership meetings all-in (Live and Catch-Up in full on my TV).

Some of you will no doubt think this is excessive cost-wise but as mentioned I’m going to get WAAAAY more Speedway meetings to watch in 2022 and I’m feeling good about that despite losing my club and has turned my frown upside down. I think it’s a very good investment personally and am happy to be able to continue to support British Speedway.

Some/most of you might have access to the discovery+ app natively on your TV’s app store which will save you the £59.99 for the dongle For those of you that don’t there’s the ‘Chromecast with TV’.

I hope this provides a simple solution to those of you who find themselves in a similar situation to myself. Fill your boots.

Here’s to another great season! Best wishes to all.

Cameron

p.s. The Eurosport section within Discovery+ will show full meetings as part of your Discovery+ subscription not just highlights folks. 

Edited by 10mass
Clarity

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Think you have read that wrong TVN it is( owned by Discovery)

Thanks

Has the commentary team been announced?

sorry if it’s been asked before but I can’t plough thro the whole thread.

On 3/23/2022 at 3:05 PM, 10mass said:

Hello gang, I don’t make a habit of posting here these days but I thought my input ‘might’ hopefully be useful to a few of the visitors to this site to help clarify..

[Having historically been an Exeter and subsequently Somerset supporter I now find myself without a club again, **** happens right.]

For 2022

1. I’ve signed up for the BSN streaming service (£109) https://watch.britishspeedway.co.uk/ and can use the browser on my XBOX to view all of the Championship content on that service. I assume there’d be no issue doing the same from the web browser on a playstation. I’ve bookmarked the site and left it signed in. It works seamlessly as I’ve watched the rider interviews the BSN have posted pre-season. This gets me 35 or so Championship meetings, Live and Catch-Up in full on my TV. Yay.

2. I’ve bought a ‘Chromecast with TV’ dongle from Argos for £59.99 (which is about what I’d have spent on ONE night of Speedway at Somerset factoring in travel costs, alcoholic drinks -I wasn’t driving- entrance fees and a bag of chips). Once I’d plugged that into my TV’s HDMI port and then searched for the discovery+ app on the Play Store (tip: dictate ‘open play store’ in Chromecast) and downloaded that. I signed up for one year of Discovery+ which cost me £59.99 for the Annual Sub, signed into the Discovery+ app I downloaded on Chromecast and job done. This means I can watch Eurosport full coverage of the 2022 GP’s AND the Premiership meetings all-in (Live and Catch-Up in full on my TV).

Some of you will no doubt think this is excessive cost-wise but as mentioned I’m going to get WAAAAY more Speedway meetings to watch in 2022 and I’m feeling good about that despite losing my club and has turned my frown upside down. I think it’s a very good investment personally and am happy to be able to continue to support British Speedway.

Some/most of you might have access to the discovery+ app natively on your TV’s app store which will save you the £59.99 for the dongle For those of you that don’t there’s the ‘Chromecast with TV’.

I hope this provides a simple solution to those of you who find themselves in a similar situation to myself. Fill your boots.

Here’s to another great season! Best wishes to all.

Cameron

p.s. The Eurosport section within Discovery+ will show full meetings as part of your Discovery+ subscription not just highlights folks. 

Just been having another look at my current TV set up, seems both HDMI ports are being used, also have a splitter which is similarly being fully used, this is in conjunction with the PS4 I think?

So in effect I'll not only have to buy a Chromecast dongle but in all probability have to buy either an adaptor or another splitter to try to get it to work, not withstanding the myriad of wires and connections to mess with at a later point.

Sometimes - and I honestly don't mean this to anybody here but the powers that be whose ingenuity has made something simple into something anything but - you just think no sorry I can't be a*sed with all this just to watch a GP.

57 minutes ago, crumpiefan said:

Just been having another look at my current TV set up, seems both HDMI ports are being used, also have a splitter which is similarly being fully used, this is in conjunction with the PS4 I think?

So in effect I'll not only have to buy a Chromecast dongle but in all probability have to buy either an adaptor or another splitter to try to get it to work, not withstanding the myriad of wires and connections to mess with at a later point.

Sometimes - and I honestly don't mean this to anybody here but the powers that be whose ingenuity has made something simple into something anything but - you just think no sorry I can't be a*sed with all this just to watch a GP.

Urrghh not this again.  You say you aren't bothered but you keep going on about it.  You have been given loads of advice but you poo-poo every option you are given.  

• Thanks 1