British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

57 minutes ago, Noodles said:

Urrghh not this again.  You say you aren't bothered but you keep going on about it.  You have been given loads of advice but you poo-poo every option you are given.  

Piss off.

1 hour ago, crumpiefan said:

Piss off.

Classy.  Either:

Buy a new tv or

Buy a streaming device and free up a port on your existing tv or

Accept you can't watch the Grand Prix. 

It doesn't matter how many times you check your TV or how much you moan, it ain't going to change unless you do something about it.

14 hours ago, Noodles said:

Classy.  Either:

Buy a new tv or

Buy a streaming device and free up a port on your existing tv or

Accept you can't watch the Grand Prix. 

It doesn't matter how many times you check your TV or how much you moan, it ain't going to change unless you do something about it.

My Dad who's 81 is now facing this dilemma as he wants that streaming package for the season, has a proper old TV and also bog standard broadband, ive told him he needs to upgrade to a smart TV and probably also get super fast fibre if he wants to watch it, least he has Sky Q so can access Discovery Plus tho, mind you saying that im not even sure Discovery Plus will work well without buffering if he doesn't upgrade to super fast fibre coz his speeds with standard broadband are woeful.

Edited by kevin bass
Corrected

2 hours ago, kevin bass said:

My Dad who's 81 is now facing this dilemma as he wants that streaming package for the season, has a proper old TV and also bog standard broadband, ive told him he needs to upgrade to a smart TV and probably also get super fast fibre if he wants to watch it, least he has Sky Q so can access Discovery Plus tho, mind you saying that im not even sure Discovery Plus will work well without buffering if he doesn't upgrade to super fast fibre coz his speeds with standard broadband are woeful.

Unfortunatley Sky Q's Discovery + doesnt imclude Sports, so that wont work for him

6 minutes ago, rusky said:

Unfortunatley Sky Q's Discovery + doesnt imclude Sports, so that wont work for him

I thought this yrs GPs were being aired live on Discovery+ that what i was led to believe anyway

8 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

I thought this yrs GPs were being aired live on Discovery+ that what i was led to believe anyway

They are.  Discovery Plus have two different plans 'Entertainment' and 'Entertainment & Sport'.   You only get the 'Entertainment' plan with Sky Q but you will need the 'Entertainment & Sport' plan to watch the speedway.

Discovery Plus Plans

Has any TV channel been confirmed by the people in charge of the GP's ? As 1st GP only 4 weeks away !!

3 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Depending on speeds in his area I would imagine bog standard fibre will be sufficient for his needs.  If his current TV has a spare HDMI port he will need a streaming device (e.g. fire stick, Roku Stick).  If it doesn't he will need a new smart TV that can download the Discovery Plus app.

On 3/24/2022 at 11:41 AM, severnsider said:

Looks like Warsaw will be shown on TVP in Poland

Now confirmed that the Polish staged GP rounds will be on Polish television station TTV free  to air channel( sister channel to TVN) non Polish rounds are to be shown on line.

‘ The management of Discovery Sports Events officially presented how it will be possible to watch the Grand Prix series in 2022 in Poland. The rounds in our country will be broadcast on the open TTV channel. All the rest will be available on player.pl for PLN 15 per month.

After purchasing the service, viewers will be able to watch other events organized by Discovery from the 2022 season. The price includes broadcasts from Speedway of Nations, SGP2 and SGP3 (the last two are also available on the Eurosport channel). On other channels of the group, such as TVN, TVN 24 or TVN Turbo, fans of the speedway sport will see more materials about the series, including tournament shortcuts.

- Poland has a rich and successful history of speedway, as well as some of the most die-hard fans anywhere in the world, so we wanted the 2022 season, the first of Discovery Sports Events, to reach as many fans as possible. Establishing cooperation with TTV supports our ambitions for the development of speedway by making it available to the widest possible audience, maximizing the involvement and viewing opportunities for many competitions that we will promote - says Francois Ribeiro, head of Discovery Sports Events ‘

that could mean that Cardiff will be on live on a Discovery owned TV channel

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

And this is expected to increase the viewing figures for speedway. I think not.!!!! Is cricket better off now its mainly on Sky NO. Has it increased figures for golf. I think not.

I will not be subscribing even though I have followed GPs all around the world. S*d um!!!

Discovery only interested in money, not speedway!!!! But then again we all know that!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Now confirmed that the Polish staged GP rounds will be on Polish television station TTV free  to air channel( sister channel to TVN) non Polish rounds are to be shown on line.

‘ The management of Discovery Sports Events officially presented how it will be possible to watch the Grand Prix series in 2022 in Poland. The rounds in our country will be broadcast on the open TTV channel. All the rest will be available on player.pl for PLN 15 per month.

After purchasing the service, viewers will be able to watch other events organized by Discovery from the 2022 season. The price includes broadcasts from Speedway of Nations, SGP2 and SGP3 (the last two are also available on the Eurosport channel). On other channels of the group, such as TVN, TVN 24 or TVN Turbo, fans of the speedway sport will see more materials about the series, including tournament shortcuts.

- Poland has a rich and successful history of speedway, as well as some of the most die-hard fans anywhere in the world, so we wanted the 2022 season, the first of Discovery Sports Events, to reach as many fans as possible. Establishing cooperation with TTV supports our ambitions for the development of speedway by making it available to the widest possible audience, maximizing the involvement and viewing opportunities for many competitions that we will promote - says Francois Ribeiro, head of Discovery Sports Events ‘

that could mean that Cardiff will be on live on a Discovery owned TV channel

I assume that would be something like Quest or Dmax then for UK if they did similar?

2 hours ago, steve69 said:

And this is expected to increase the viewing figures for speedway. I think not.!!!! Is cricket better off now its mainly on Sky NO. Has it increased figures for golf. I think not.

I will not be subscribing even though I have followed GPs all around the world. S*d um!!!

Discovery only interested in money, not speedway!!!! But then again we all know that!!

So where on TV would better viewing figures for speedway be? and why?

Edited by OveFundinFan

17 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

So where on TV would better viewing figures for speedway be? and why?

I think Steve’s point is that Ribeiro’s statement is laughable- the Polish Speedway fans are not mugs and on one hand he talks about how they want everyone to be able to watch it- so they have put 4 home GP’s on free to air( that should help ticket sales- NOT) and the rest they have to shell out another sub to watch them live  in addition to the Canal + sub they need to watch  all their league speedway on TV.

Discovery are going to have to do another special offer to UK viewers to get them to sign up to the player(Discovery + ) and i’m waiting until they do before shelling out.

Edited by racers and royals

Is it correct that Eurosport will be showing the GPs obviously not live but highlights or something

7 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Is it correct that Eurosport will be showing the GPs obviously not live but highlights or something

I watched Eurosports Preview of WSB season yesterday and during the adverts they had a Bikes Bikes Bikes trailer which stated that WSB, BSB, Speedway GB and Premiership Speedway would all feature on Eurosport and Discovery Sport. Clear as mud but I guest it's up to them what they show live or Eurosport.  But guessing there'll at least be highlights shown.