British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

All races on Discovery+ as I read it.  If everyone looks for viewing for free Discovery+ plus may not get enough income to sustain any coverage, that could lead to no coverage at all…..  then everyone will be moaning.

16 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I can view last years Premiership final rounds, so maybe GPs will be available for later viewing.

Govonthe Discover+ website and ask a question, straight from the horses mouth.

I emailed them and they confirmed that it is not possible to record meetings but said that replays would be available shortly after each meeting.  I'll probably see what happens with the Gorican meeting and decide what to do.  Can't get out of my subscription with BT for another 12 months which is annoying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shockster said:

I emailed them and they confirmed that it is not possible to record meetings but said that replays would be available shortly after each meeting.  I'll probably see what happens with the Gorican meeting and decide what to do.  Can't get out of my subscription with BT for another 12 months which is annoying.

If you miss the start of a live event on discovery plus there is a watch from the start option or watch from now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shockster said:

Re BT, I am in the same boat. BUT my other deep interest is the MotoGP’s and they are on BT. Come January it will be a tough decision, do I stay with BT or do I move and loose MotoGP. I can’t recall when that contract is up. 
You can get a month Discovery+ free trial, time it right and you will get the first 2 gp’s free, they are only 2 weeks apart.

• Like 1

Ok after 20yrs I thought I better register and post and clear this Eurosport/discovery+ thing up .

The Grand prixs WILL be shown live on Eurosport 2 and on discovery+ the only difference is Eurosport will show commercials after every 4 heats etc while discovery+ won't have any commercials and will have cameras in the pits . Hope this clears everything up

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Season1steve said:

Ok after 20yrs I thought I better register and post and clear this Eurosport/discovery+ thing up .

The Grand prixs WILL be shown live on Eurosport 2 and on discovery+ the only difference is Eurosport will show commercials after every 4 heats etc while discovery+ won't have any commercials and will have cameras in the pits . Hope this clears everything up

Well i don't mind the odd advert, gives me chance to have a quick brew and a fag;)

• Like 2

Eurosport 2 will good for speedway fans to watch race live, and what about SPG 2 & SPG 3???? will be live on eurosport 2.

On 4/1/2022 at 10:28 PM, OveFundinFan said:

Re BT, I am in the same boat. BUT my other deep interest is the MotoGP’s and they are on BT. Come January it will be a tough decision, do I stay with BT or do I move and loose MotoGP. I can’t recall when that contract is up. 
You can get a month Discovery+ free trial, time it right and you will get the first 2 gp’s free, they are only 2 weeks apart.

I was in the same boat but didn't renew BT Sport. I downloaded a free VPN then logged on to the official Moto GP live stream on their web site to watch the race. You can do this as long as the web site thinks you are in a country that isn't showing the Moto GP races live. Naughty I know, but times are hard for this old pensioner and I can't afford BT sports prices for just the odd live stream!

• Like 1

I Hope we get more action for FIM Speedway Grand Prix with Social Media, Pit Lane and interview with the riders. More Better and More Bigger.

Obviously at this truly awful time following Saturday`s shock news this question is rightly not uppermost in peoples minds, although Discovery are going to have to make a decision who replaces Nigel as lead commentator. i can see a few possibilities.

1 Give the job to Dave Rowe, who they know from SEC commentary and knows Speedway inside out and like Nigel works for the BSPA press office and Talksport.

2 Move Kelvin over to the commentary position and pair him with with Chris Louis- something which i thought was a success when done before.

3 Bring in someone else such as BT football commentator Darren Fletcher who is well known for his work at Peterborough Speedway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Obviously at this truly awful time following Saturday`s shock news this question is rightly not uppermost in peoples minds, although Discovery are going to have to make a decision who replaces Nigel as lead commentator. i can see a few possibilities.

1 Give the job to Dave Rowe, who they know from SEC commentary and knows Speedway inside out and like Nigel works for the BSPA press office and Talksport.

2 Move Kelvin over to the commentary position and pair him with with Chris Louis- something which i thought was a success when done before.

3 Bring in someone else such as BT football commentator Darren Fletcher who is well known for his work at Peterborough Speedway.

Need someone we know who do brilliant commentator in Speedway, also someone needs learn about speedway history as well.

Dave Rowe would be the obvious choice,

they should make more use out of Chris Louis and Jason Crump, as they gave good insight.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, racers and royals said:

When they did a meeting last season it was very obvious they had timing issues, with Kelvin having to interrupt Louis a few times to do the essentials.  But that is learned with experience, and I really liked them together so it would be my preference if they were both interested.

It would be nice to see what Dave Goddard would be like with a proper production.  I think he has done good job in very difficult circumstances (commentating off-screen, on his own, and a bad sound mix) on Premier Sports.  He knows the sport's history too, but would probably not be interested in the the job because of his other motorsport interests.

As someone who liked "shouty" Nige and Kelv I always found the Euros more difficult to watch, as that energy does not come across for me with Dave Rowe.  Having to watch dodgy Polish streams last year, I did not feel I missed anything extra.

But I would think it will be between Kelvin as the main commentator or Rowe.  It will probably depend on whether Kelvin is interested, and if Discovery want to let him and Louis learn their timing on air as there is not much time left to practice now.

• Like 1