Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Speedway GP`s 2022 under Discovery Sports events

Recommended Posts

Doesn't look like the GP next weekend is being shown on Eurosport 2 as suggested. They have PGA golf from Mexico starting at 7.30pm with replays of Motocross and Formula E before that. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Doesn't look like the GP next weekend is being shown on Eurosport 2 as suggested. They have PGA golf from Mexico starting at 7.30pm with replays of Motocross and Formula E before that. 

Can’t wait for Skidder to post 

Edited by racers and royals
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is surprised? We all know EUROSPORT and how "reliable" they have been with their Speedway coverage in the past. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

However, if you look on Discovery+ listings it does show it being on Eurosport 2, however it doesn't say which particular Eurosport 2 channel, it doesn't actually specify the British Eurosport 2. I guess it will be a surprise on the day....

image.thumb.png.ef3da2085cece251302c3a4b27c1453a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rusky said:

However, if you look on Discovery+ listings it does show it being on Eurosport 2, however it doesn't say which particular Eurosport 2 channel, it doesn't actually specify the British Eurosport 2. I guess it will be a surprise on the day....

image.thumb.png.ef3da2085cece251302c3a4b27c1453a.png

Checking again I think perhaps this could be correct. 

I was looking at Eurosport's website which is different to Eurosport UK. Going by today's schedule, the Eurosport website says that Eurosport 2 is showing Golf from 9.30pm whereas Eurosport UK is showing replays of Superbikes and Cycling. The golf is on Sky in the UK so I assume only they have the rights which would leave Eurosport 2 free to show the GP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of us in a country where there’s no television broadcaster, does anyone know if it will still be available to watch on YouTube ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Cheese said:

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/watch/speedway/

Looks like the GP will be on Eurosport 2 with qualifying and 15 minutes extra coverage at the end available on Discovery+

Yeah i fast forwarded 7 days to next Saturday on the Eurosport 2 planner and it's now showing on there :t:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following the very sad passing of Nigel 'the voice of speedway' Pearson, has there been any news regarding who will be commentating?

I sincerely hope Kelv stays on, but he may not wish to continue without his dear friend Nigel.

I can't find anything on the web...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Following the very sad passing of Nigel 'the voice of speedway' Pearson, has there been any news regarding who will be commentating?

I sincerely hope Kelv stays on, but he may not wish to continue without his dear friend Nigel.

I can't find anything on the web...

I suspect nothing will be announced in advance, find out on Saturday. My guess would be Chris Louis but purely a guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Following the very sad passing of Nigel 'the voice of speedway' Pearson, has there been any news regarding who will be commentating?

I sincerely hope Kelv stays on, but he may not wish to continue without his dear friend Nigel.

I can't find anything on the web...

We might have a stand in on Saturday ahead of a formal announcement after Nigel's funeral has taken place.

But if anyone is listening, what about our own Dave Goddard? Very knowledgeable, personable and engages with his audience well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2022 at 11:25 AM, PragueMagpie said:

For those of us in a country where there’s no television broadcaster, does anyone know if it will still be available to watch on YouTube ?

I would certainly hope so! For a while, it was done via the SGP website, and then switched to YouTube, so I have no reason to suspect that we would be deprived of it this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy